KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Engaged Employer

Add an Interview

Paylocity Interview Questions

Updated Aug 9, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 408 of over 408 interviews

Employee Referral13%
2.8
HardAverageEasy

Paylocity

Application

I interviewed at Paylocity

Interview

Interview process was quick and detailed. 1 phone and 1 zoom, Got notified of employment next day! Seamless process and great communication from the hiring team the entire way through.

Interview Questions
  • Example of a time when client was irritated and how did I react
    Answer Question
1 person found this interview helpful

Paylocity

Application

I interviewed at Paylocity

Interview

Recruiter screening + interview with two sr members of the team + panel interview consisting of HR team member and two accounting team members (Sr/managers). After all that I was not offered the position

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

What people are saying about Paylocity

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Paylocity

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Paylocity

Interview

They reached out for phone interview, I answered and they never replied again. Didn’t even phone interview me after they had reached out to set one up. I tried reaching out and asking on status and no answer.

Paylocity

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Paylocity

Interview

The interviewer was very friendly and easy to talk to and readily answered any questions presented. The first interview was conducted via a phone call. An offer for a second interview was extended, but due to some sudden medical issues I unfortunately had to decline.

Interview Questions
  • Remember a time when you had to deal with an irate customer or guest. How did you take control of the situation and remedy it?

Paylocity

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Paylocity

Interview

It was a very straightforward process with communication in every step. My recruiter was super nice and communicative and kept me up to date in each step. Everyone I had a chance to talk to was super nice and I felt the great company culture.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Paylocity

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Paylocity in Jun 2022

Interview

There were 2 separate technical interviews both were fairly easy. First one was with 2 engineers after talking about my general experience for about 15 mins, they gave me a piece of code, which was related with writing a limited Cache. I basically created an interface which was just the written protocol and implemented some of the methods as straight forward as possible. Their questions were mainly related to SOLID principles to see if i know what am i doing and why am i doing. It would be good to work on these principles and understand it fully. Second interview was with another lead, I was expecting him to ask me to do some code review but this didn't happen, we had a casual conversation about software engineering, best practices, things i did and i have been doing and details of the job. This took a bit more than an hour and it was a nice conversation. I guess i was able to show my knowledge mostly with this interview. He also asked my career preferences for the future.

Interview Questions
  • - Designing a limited ImageCache That will be able to save n numbers of images and upon reaching the limit it will start overriding the variables with FIFO manner - SOLID principles - most important part of the interview - Best engineering practices on the given code - Challenging engineering problems that your dealt with before

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Prague

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Paylocity (Prague) in Jun 2022

Interview

HR contacted me within 1 week after I applied online. I had one video interview with the hiring manager, followed by a code test, and video interviews with 3 other people. While all of the interviewers were very nice, HR did a VERY POOR job of getting back to me. They basically just ghosted me after many hours spent interviewing with their people. This is incredibly unprofessional, and I would advise anyone to stay away from this company because their HR will treat you like garbage.

Interview Questions
  • Questions about my experience. SQL scenarios ranging from easy to difficult

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Paylocity (Alexandria, VA) in Jun 2022

Interview

There were 2 rounds of interview. Both technical. In the first interview there is also a small coding challenge. After that they told me that I got through the process and they will send me an offer. Then they pretty much ghosted me and didn't send any offer at all.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Prague

Application

I interviewed at Paylocity (Prague)

Interview

I had one recruiter interview and one hiring manager interview. Two weeks after the 2nd interview I reached out to the recruiter twice. I never heard back. It's not a great culture or employer branding.

Interview Questions
  • How do you influence managers that don't do well with change.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I interviewed at Paylocity (New York, NY)

Interview

Responsive recruiter. Speedy process from initial contact to hire. Very organized. Interview process gave good first impression of company. Interview was not overly intimidating. Asked questions about skills and background. Set clear and accurate expectations of the role.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 408 Interviews

Paylocity Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at Paylocity as 66.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 2.81 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Software Engineer and Implementation Consultant rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Account Executive and Account Manager roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at Paylocity takes an average of 19 days when considering 453 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Account Manager had the quickest hiring process (on average 10 days), whereas Account Executive roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 32 days).

Common stages of the interview process at Paylocity according to 453 Glassdoor interviews include:

Phone Interview: 27.69%