Paylocity Interview Questions

Updated Apr 28, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 329 of over 329 interviews

2.8
HardAverageEasy

Featured Interview

Anonymous Employee in Meridian, ID

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Paylocity (Meridian, ID) in Apr 2020

Interview

Not very technical. However, the challenge is that they try to throw you off with very specific questions about your experiences coupled with broad questions. For instance, they would ask me three parts of my past job that I hated the most, and why, and I had to be very specific and detailed with exact situations, time, place, solution, etc. And then they would turn around and ask me what is the one single most proud moment in my life has been. They didn't hit me with any technical questions but I found those specific situational questions back to back with huge broad questions to be more challenging that I would have initially thought. The key to interviewing here (for this position at least) is to come in with SPECIFIC situations and instances of you problem solving, critically thinking, etc. in your life.

Interview Questions
  • What is a very detailed and specific situation that you solved a problem? How did you solve it? What was your thought process? What was the outcome of the situation?
    Answer Question
11 people found this interview helpful

Paylocity

Application

I interviewed at Paylocity

Interview

Thorough interviews including phone, in person, and 2 case studies. One case study was individual and one was group. Behavioral individual interviews both over the phone and in person. Very friendly treatment and gave good sense of the company culture and program expectations

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Paylocity

Application

I interviewed at Paylocity

Interview

Interviewed with a recruiter & interviewed with the hiring manager. Then never heard anything back. Disappointing because they spoke highly of the culture. It seems like the culture lacks when it comes to candidates. Just a simple thanks but no thanks email is better than nothing.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Paylocity (Arlington, VA) in Apr 2021

Interview

I was contacted by a Paylocity hiring manager who had found my resume on a 3rd party website. Interview was conducted over Zoom and consisted of standard interview questions, including “why should we hire you?” There were about three sets of questions and I replied to each with 4-5 sentence answers. The interview lasted about 30 minutes, then I waited another 30 to find out that I had been hired.

Interview Questions
  • What is the importance of following privacy rules and adhering to company codes of conduct?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Paylocity (New York, NY) in Apr 2021

Interview

I had a first interview scheduled with a recruiter. She called me ten minutes late - said the job has already been filled and hung up! It honestly felt awful. I don't remember experiencing such unprofessional and disrespecful behavior in my professional career. I spent time preparing and took time off my current job for the interview and she just left me completely high amd dry. It's ok the job has been filled and it's ok to not hire someone regardless to how much time they spent preparing - but atleast have a very basic decency and respect people's time. Truly awful behavior.

Paylocity

Application

I interviewed at Paylocity

Interview

The interview process was really very good. Everyone was nice and helpful. There was a hacker rank test and two interview portions led by different people as well as an initial interview.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Paylocity

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at Paylocity in Mar 2021

Interview

There was the first interview which was a phone interview with the recruiter after I expressed interest for the position. Then they sent me a Hackerrank question to complete. A day after, I got the email for the next interview which was 2 x 30 minute interviews— one behavioral then technical. Overall, the people were great to talk to and I enjoyed the experience! They take great pride in their company’s programs and CEO, and you can tell from the way they talk about their passion working with Paylocity.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Paylocity (Chicago, IL) in Mar 2021

Interview

Received email and text from recruiter regarding position. Completed 3 rounds of interviews with stakeholders. Waited one week and then reached out to recruiter for a status update via text and email to which recruiter never responded back. Very awful candidate experience.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Paylocity

Application

I interviewed at Paylocity

Interview

I attended 1st screening interview with recruiter but did not proceed. Heard back within 2 weeks after interview. The recruiter was friendly and had a lot of good things to say about the company.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Paylocity (Chicago, IL)

Interview

I was first contacted by a recruiter who asked basic questions about my experience and what kind of job I was looking for. Within a week I was scheduled for an interview with the manager. After meeting with the manager I heard back 3 weeks later.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Paylocity

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Paylocity

Interview

There was one initial phone screen and coding test. The test included very fair programming problems and SQL query problems. If moved forward, candidates are invited to a final round interview.

Interview Questions
  • Leetcode Easy/Medium problems and general behavioral questions
Viewing 1 - 10 of 329 Interviews