Paylocity Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 20, 2017

2.8

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Paylocity (New York, NY) in November 2017.

Interview

Had an initial phone call with the Sales Recruiter, followed by a phone call with the Sales Director. After that, met in-person with Sales Director. Overall very classy, friendly and polite experience.

Data Operations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Paylocity (Schaumburg, IL) in November 2017.

Interview

I applied directly with the company. I had a telephone interview, face to face interview with my manager and team lead and a video conference with the director. The recruiter was very helpful. The process is fast paced with many 48 hour deadlines.

Product Team Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Paylocity (Schaumburg, IL) in November 2017.

Interview

A short screening call with recruiter, several days later followed a call with a hiring manager, the next week was an onsite series of interviews - 4 total - including a lunch interview which was nice. Interviews were with various roles such as engineers, leaders, directors. Lastly met with a Senior Director for a final check. Throughout the entire process I had constant contact with the recruiter who was very responsive. I was aware of each step and what it entailed which was refreshing.

Interview Questions

• Describe an experience where you had to give negative feedback to one of your direct reports   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Paylocity (Boise, ID) in November 2017.

Interview

The interview process is just like everyone else describes. First you will apply online and then if selected you will receive a call from the recruiter, in this case Brittany. She is amazing and really helps you get ready for this interview process and is very detailed. She will ask you general questions for the screening process. When you get past that part you will be asked to take an online test that is timed. Don't worry it is general knowledge questions just be ready to do math. Finally once you complete the test, if you pass that then you will get an in person interview on site. I can not stress this enough. STUDY UP. This is a difficult interview and be sure to have a lot of examples of situations that can help you answer these questions. All of the past questions on these interviews are perfect examples of questions that you will get asked. They are looking for very detailed examples. so be prepared to use the STAR process to answer your questions. They will also ask follow up questions to your answers so be prepared for those as well. I heard back from the recruiter the next day and they made me an offer, and the rest is history. You will need to pass a detailed background check.

Interview Questions

• 1. Tell me about a time that you procrastinated.
      2. Why do you want to work at Paylocity?
      3. Why do you want to work in the Customer Service Role?
      4. Tell me about a time when you needed to problem solve, and you didn't have a process to resolve it already available.
      5. Tell me about a time when you didn't meet a deadline.
      6. Tell me about a time when you weren't able to help a customer with a question that they had.   Answer Question

Product Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Peachtree City, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Paylocity (Peachtree City, GA) in October 2017.

Interview

After initial contact via LinkedIn I participated in a phone interview with an in-house recruiter. Very professional and personable, the experience was pleasant. Although I didn't get an offer I learned a lot about a company I wasn't familiar with and worked on my interview skills.

Interview Questions

• Discuss opportunities I have engaged in to coach and mentor employees.   Answer Question

End User Computing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Paylocity (Boise, ID) in October 2017.

Interview

I began the process with LinkedIn, doing the 'easy apply' option and submitting my resume. Probably a week later I received an email asking to schedule a half-hour for a phone introduction.

The first phone interview was rescheduled a half-hour before the first call for the next day, which I had no problem rescheduling. The next day the call went as I had read online: informal conversation with introductions, brief introduction to the company, and the Paylocity recruiter fielding any questions I had about the company.

The call ended with the recruiter letting me know they were going to send me information about their stock options, benefits package, etc. for my review and if I liked it, we would set up a technical phone interview.

The offerings looked agreeable to me, so I emailed back and we scheduled a time for a phone interview for some questions. In addition, the recruiter told me the process they have for hiring:

1. Phone introduction
    2. Phone interview with some technical questions
    3. Phone interview with IT manager
    4. Technical interview with current engineer and EUC manager
    5. Video interviews with leadership

The day came for the phone interview but I received no call. I emailed five minutes after the scheduled call, thinking maybe I misunderstood something, and I received an email a few minutes later with the recruiter apologizing, stating they were entering a meeting right now and that they might be making an offer to someone, but they would keep me posted and have something for me that afternoon.

However, I never received a call or email with any updates to the position, which I must assume by now (a week later) the position was filled.

Interview Questions

Paylocity Response

Nov 8, 2017 – Sr. Manager, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for providing feedback regarding your interview experience. We try to maintain communication throughout the interview process so if we did not close out the process with you in a timely... More

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Paylocity in October 2017.

Interview

An initial call with their recruiter, Sam, was setup to discuss the company and to go over some basic software engineering questions. Sam was very friendly and easy to talk with and understand. He made the entire interview process, from start to finish, feel like a dream.

After the call we agreed to progress to the next step of the interview process, which was a simple code challenge. This was a real treat, as it was not only fun to do, but it was an opportunity to learn, and to even challenge myself on the design choices I would make.

After the project was submitted, I had a video meeting to go over it. I met with Dan and Craig, who were both phenomenal. I've never been interviewed by such friendly professionals before. It felt more like a code review, than anything. We went over specific sections of the stack, both front and back end, then I was asked some specific questions about both ends of the stack.

I felt the entire interview process was perfect. Its a five star process that is ran by five star people, it just doesn't get any better than this.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Mary, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Paylocity (Lake Mary, FL) in September 2017.

Interview

Applied through Indeed.com
    Next day got a email requesting skills test. You have 48 hours to take the test.
    Test is timed. It has 4 parts (math, definitions, grammar and detail oriented)
    You have 23 minutes total to complete. It was not hard in my opinion.

After a couple days I received an email requesting a 20 minute phone interview.
    I was given three time slots to choose from.
    I had the pleasure of speaking with Kalyn. The phone interview was like a natural conversation with a few behavioral interview questions.
    I was then offered a face to face interview with a TL and a Manager. Again I was given three time slots to choose from. Kalyn advised me the interview will be about 1 hour long and will be asked more behavioral questions to be as detailed as possible using the STAR format.
    (This is an interview you should study for.)
    I interviewed with Megan and Kristen. They were both very warm and nice.
    After the interview I was given a tour of the office space. Nice work space. An ideal work environment.
    I interviewed on Thursday and was told I would hear back with answer by Tuesday. I got an email Friday (earlier than anticipated). I did not get the position. I got a basic email stating the candidates were competitive and they will keep my resume on file. I emailed back asking for more details. I appreciate constructive criticism for personal growth. I received an email back repeating the same. It seems they made their mind up about me quickly. More than likely before I left the building. The two who interviewed me explained neither of them came to Paylocity with experience in the industry. This made me feel confident I was a serious consideration.
    Looking back, I would have responded to some questions differently.
    1. Don't Mention "One call resolution". Paylocity does not believe in that. I meant I aim to resolve the current issue with the one call, even going the extra mile. For Paylocity that is not necessary.
    2. Don't mention you "mastered" your last position (Meaning I was a top performer). Again that term did not fit with Paylocity. You will not "master" this position.
    3. Do not mention you volunteer or do any community service for school or church. This was a concern that it may interfere with my job. It does not show good character as one would think.
    4. DO NOT ask about benefits. Wrong impression.

Again if I had another chance I would have answered the questions a little different and choose better terms.
    It was a learning experience. Study for this interview. There is psychology in it. It's a company to earn a position.

Interview Questions

• Mixture from face to face and phone interview. Not word for word, but paraphrased.

1. Tell me about a time you were misunderstood and how you handled it.
      2. Tell me about a time you created a document you created and it got positive response.
      3. What did you like most about your last job?
      4. What do you dislike most about working with people whether its coworkers or customers?
      5.Tell me about a time after you did all you could to satisfy a customer and thy were still not satisfied.
      6. Tell me about a time you had to learn new software.
      7. What software have you worked with?
      8. Tell me about a challenge you face working for your last employer.
      9. Why do you want to work for Paylocity?
      10. Rate yourself on a 1-10 your ability to work with software.

Good luck! :)   Answer Question

General Ledger Programmer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Remote, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Paylocity (Remote, OR) in September 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter and they told me the position I originally applied to was closed, as they already filled that position already. However, they referred me to another open position. The entire process took about ~3 weeks over the phone. The first was a preliminary interview to go over the position and my interests. The second was an accounting interview with a few basic terms and a few interview questions that lasted about 30 minutes. The third was a SQL interview that was capped at 30 minutes. And the final was a Skype interview that was about an hour with the team. I was the first candidate to interview, and waited another ~2 weeks as they complete the other interviews. They gave me a timeline when they will be making a decision, and got back to me with an offer!

Interview Questions

• This can be a personal or a work-related answer. Tell me a time when you had to make a quick decision?   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington Heights, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Paylocity (Arlington Heights, IL) in September 2017.

Interview

Contacted by phone from a recruiter, brief 30 minute interview. Brought in for 1 on 1 in person interview that was a little over an hour. Brought back for a panel interview with about 6 other people. Took almost 3 hours. They'll all pump your tires and tell you how awesome your work is. Years experience, your portfolio/design skills, and personality all do not matter. All that matters is a 40 minute "test" to see how many designs you can crank out on an old, jenky PC laptop with no direction and no assets. They then expect these designs to be portfolio ready after a full 40 minutes! Totally the best process for hiring creatives.

Interview Questions

• What do you like about paylocity?   1 Answer

Paylocity Response

Sep 29, 2017 – Director of Marketing

Thank you very much for your candid feedback. We are sorry that you were not satisfied with our interview process. We do not take the decision of hiring a new team member lightly. Who we select is... More