Paylocity Reviews | Glassdoor

4.4
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Paylocity President & CEO Steve Beauchamp
Steve Beauchamp

Pros
  • A lot of positions give you the opportunity to work from home so the work/life balance is great (in 60 reviews)

• Having the ability to work from home is always a Pro (in 32 reviews)

Cons
  • Sometimes Feels Like the Company is Growing Faster Than it Can Support (in 13 reviews)

• Growing pains, company's growth causes clients to get shuffled (in 21 reviews)

1. "Outstanding Company"

Current Employee - Learning and Development Specialist in Arlington Heights, IL
    Current Employee - Learning and Development Specialist in Arlington Heights, IL

I have been working at Paylocity full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The work is challenging which I enjoy. There isn't a lot of micro managing. It's all about the results and meeting the deadlines. Everyone at the company is very smart and positive. I have never worked for a company that focused so much on making the employees happy. They provide a casual work environment with complimentary outings and free snakes such as fruits/nuts. The benefits (health/dental) is a huge perk as well since they cost 50% less than what I was paying (monthly) at my previous company.

I never stay at a company too long (3 years) but I am considering staying at this company for a very long time due to the leadership and the work. I actually enjoy coming into work and often look forward to it.

Cons

It gets busy at times. There are moments where deadlines have to be met and we have to put in extra work. This is expected at most companies though.

Advice to Management

None

2. "Respectful, Engaging Culture, Headed for a Bright Future."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID

I have been working at Paylocity full-time

Pros

People genuinely care about having a positive impact. People work hard together and are open to differing opinions. The company and the people are genuinely well intentioned, smart and hard working. They are focused on the work, not on office politics.

Cons

Experiencing such growth and thus change can be difficult for some but it comes with opportunities for those who are willing to give their best.

Advice to Management

Hiring people who are adaptable, committed to our clients and who are committed to the success of our team is critical.

"Beyond Exceptional!"

Current Employee - Software Engineer
    Current Employee - Software Engineer

I have been working at Paylocity full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have worked in a ton of different places, but this is by far the best fit I have found to date.
    1) I am a remote employee, but I don't feel terribly remote because of the technology we use on a regular basis.
    2) I have been on several teams, and on each one the camaraderie and the mix of talent (database, middle tier, front end) was excellent.
    3) The training allowance and opportunities to learn in a manner best suited for each person is a big perk.
    4) The culture is one of the biggest bonuses here. There is not a focus on blame when things go south. Each person is challenged to step up and contribute and is recognized from bottom to top for their efforts.
    5) Remote employee engagement is a huge commitment by the executives.
    6) Experimentation is the norm, not the exception. People are encouraged to come up with proofs of concept and to present them. Ideas to improve products or workflows are valued, not looked at as expenses.
    7) There is always someone in the organization to learn from. Nobody has a monopoly on a knowledge area, and everyone is willing to share from.
    8) I love the fact that I can work from anywhere so long as I have my gear and a good internet connection.
    9) We find ways to make it fun. All day every day. I haven't had a day yet that I don't look forward to jumping online and getting involved.

This is a story of an encounter I had with one of our executives. I had been working on an idea over the weekend for a workflow improvement. I was using technology I don't use on a day-to-day basis, but it was a fun little personal sideline project for my team and I was making some headway. It happened to use a technology which is a hotbutton in the industry and with many of our executives. We had opened a Slack channel for discussion around the subject, and I posted an issue I was having with deployment. At 8AM on a Saturday, I received a reply from a senior executive (7AM his time), applauding my efforts and encouraging me to contact a bunch of people to keep the idea moving forward. This is notable not because it happened to me, but because it happens all the time.

Cons

This is not so much a company con as it is a cultural one. Working as a remote in general takes discipline. It is easy to get distracted between so many optional meeting/learning opportunities and not having constant oversight typical of being in the office.

5. "Mid level Account manager"

I have been working at Paylocity full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The work/ life balance cannot be beat. You have all major holiday's off and never work nights. Weekends MAY happen depending on the time of year and your individual work load. Other than that, you are treated as an adult and never micromanaged.

Cons

There is A LOT to learn and what feels like a short time to learn it. It is the most mentally challenging job I have ever had. All the resources are provided to you and you have a huge support group in your team and management. There is just a lot of moving parts.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doing by being the back bone of your team.

6. "Amazing"

I have been working at Paylocity full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Amazing team and support group.

Cons

There is a lot of information to learn but an amazing team to help you learn it.

"I am going on my six month in sales with Paylocity"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Richmond, VA
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Richmond, VA

I have been working at Paylocity full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great products and great service makes for happy clients, makes for happy employees. This Is the best culture I have ever experienced as an employee.

Cons

The only possible "con" is that our internal CRM is a little clunky. Otherwise, Paylocity is an amazing company and employer.

Advice to Management

Don't expand territories too fast. Let incumbent reps spend some time developing the market

8. "Human Resources Business Partner"

Current Employee - Human Resources Business Partner in Arlington Heights, IL
    Current Employee - Human Resources Business Partner in Arlington Heights, IL

I have been working at Paylocity full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Culture, scope of work, collaboration with direct impact on the product, food (food trucks, fresh fruit, nut bar, espresso stations), community involvement and volunteer opportunities, flexibility to try new things, and room to grow.

Cons

Currently I do not have any cons to report - Paylocity does a great job of identifying gaps and addressing them

Advice to Management

Continue to do a great job of providing opportunities for employees to grow their skills.

9. "HCM Account Executive"

I have been working at Paylocity full-time

Pros

Awesome culture with the ability to make LOTS of money

Cons

Sometimes its tough to get certain products implemented but they are improving in a major way

Advice to Management

Keep up the awesome work!

10. "Company Outlook"

I have been working at Paylocity full-time

Pros

Fantastic company to work for and grow your career

Cons

No real cons about working for this company

"Rapid Growth Causing Organizational Issues"

Current Employee - Implementation Consultant in Boise, ID
    Current Employee - Implementation Consultant in Boise, ID

I have been working at Paylocity full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Many options to work remotely.

Cons

Managers are not trained in 'management'
    Issues are fixed with Band-aids rather than solutions
    People are promoted based on likability rather than ability
    If you disagree with management, you are seen as a problem rather than trying to make things better.

Advice to Management

Train the managers to develop employees rather than just having the managers fix issues. Hold managers accountable for poor performance.