Paylocity Reviews

57 Comments

Tech

211.9K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Paylocity~29987
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "The culture here is great with so many different ways to pursue personal philanthropic passions.(in 252 reviews)
  • "Their benefits are great and there are a lot of perks that come with the job to lunch days to company parties.(in 155 reviews)
  • "A lot of positions give you the opportunity to work from home so the work/life balance is great.(in 106 reviews)
  • "The people are great; laughter is the soundtrack of almost all of my work days.(in 105 reviews)
  • "Leadership is great and supportive(in 87 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Paylocity and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Great growth opportunity

May 25, 2022 - Account Manager in Lake Mary, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great culture, team support, great benefits

Cons

Potential for mental burnout dealing with consecutive calls, emails during tax season

2. 5.0

Great place to work

May 22, 2022 - Sales
    Business Outlook

Pros

Pay is very nice with no experience with job. Nice offices, great benefits and all round good time.

Cons

Nothing or nothing yet idk

3. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great Place to Work!

May 18, 2022 - Senior Talent Acquisition Partner
    Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits - some of the best I’ve seen Work/life balance - I manage majority of my own schedule and for the first time in my life I feel like I can actually ~live~ Autonomy - I really appreciate a company/leadership who trusts me to do my job and really let me do it, this is absolutely not a micromanagement environment Company vision and leadership - it’s really nice to believe in the vision, the ceo and the product of an organization and feel like a true disruptor in this industry Growth - they encourage us to find the best path and they help us build out the roadmap to success I truly feel like this company is where I want to be for the rest of my career!

Cons

Growing pains - As we continue to try to expand, I know that’s a common complaint and I think we will continue to feel that until the growth settles Initial training - in TA specifically there isn’t a training program the way there is for different divisions which is disappointing, you really have to learn as you go and kind of hope you just catch on Maternity/paternity leave - for such a progressive company I’m surprised this benefit isn’t more than it is Compensation - this is a pro and con for me, I personally feel highly comped but our comp feels all over the place sometimes in different divisions. Non senior TAs make basically the same as me so I’m not sure how they even differentiate It’s important to remember that no company is perfect and there will ALWAYS be cons. Would I recommend anyone I know to work at paylocity in any department? Absolutely! But I also think it’s good for us to see what our cons are and consistently strive to be better where and when we can

4. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Good culture, low pay, inefficient product development

May 26, 2022 - Technical Support Specialist
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good benefits, relatively transparent company, decent culture

Cons

Inefficient product development, company growing too fast for their own good, inconsistent leadership, low pay compared to market value.

3 people found this review helpful
  5. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great Job

May 18, 2022 - Account Executive
    Business Outlook

Pros

Best place to work in the country

Cons

None at all I love it

6. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Paylocity Review

May 16, 2022 - Account Executive in Atlanta, GA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great product. Great Executive leadership that cares about their employees.

Cons

Territories are re-aligned too often.

7. 5.0

Amazing Company!

May 13, 2022 - HCM Account Executive
    Business Outlook

Pros

I cannot speak highly enough about Paylocity. The culture here is amazing and I am happy to sell a product I can get behind.

Cons

A work from home sales job can be hard if you are not ready for it.

8. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Alright company with low pay

May 16, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Pros are the people. Paylocity always talks about its great culture however the main thing that kept me for so long was the people. I don't think we had an amazing culture but it wasn't terrible. Going remote during covid was a great move and made me feel beyond safe

Cons

The pay is extremely low compared to other organizations. I left paylocity and instantly trippled my income. They released a pay transparency tool but the issue is if your on the lower end with high tenure so long as you fall within the brackets that's all that matters

6 people found this review helpful
  9. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great place to grow as a salesperson

May 12, 2022 - HCM Account Executive
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great culture, lots of flexibility, strong management, and great compensation

Cons

None so far - just a challenging sale

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great company to work for!

May 12, 2022 - HCM Account Executive in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Wonderful culture and outstanding leadership!

Cons

I don't really have any cons

Viewing 1 - 10 of 1,958 Reviews

Paylocity Reviews FAQs

Paylocity has an overall rating of 4.1 out of 5, based on over 1,985 reviews left anonymously by employees. 82% of employees would recommend working at Paylocity to a friend and 82% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -7% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Paylocity employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.1 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Paylocity. This rating has decreased by -3% over the last 12 months.

82% of Paylocity employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Paylocity 4.0 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.4 for culture and values and 4.2 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Paylocity to be senior leadership, benefits, career development and the cons to be management, compensation.

Popular Careers with Paylocity Job Seekers