Paylocity Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.4

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "Sometimes Feels Like the Company is Growing Faster Than it Can Support" (in 17 reviews)

• "Growing pains, but not really a con if you look at it as job security" (in 36 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"I wear PCTY like a badge of honor"

Current Employee - Account Executive
    Current Employee - Account Executive

I have been working at Paylocity full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

It feels good to represent a company with intelligent leadership, unblemished integrity, and a track record of continuous improvement. Paylocity just keeps getting better and better.

Cons

This is the most challenging job I have ever had. Success requires one's unrelenting commitment at all times. Yet if it were easy, I probably would have moved on years ago. The complexity of it all is what makes Paylocity a full time calling, not just a job. I pour my energy into the company and am paid back ten fold.

Advice to Management

Continue taking care of your top people and they will never leave. Paylocity is a part of my identity. I can't imagine working for anyone else.

"Manager"

Former Employee - Manager in Arlington Heights, IL
    Former Employee - Manager in Arlington Heights, IL

I worked at Paylocity full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Fun place to work, great people, exciting business and personal growth opportunity. Great place to work if you like change. CEO is committed to employees and improving employee experience.

Cons

Not for people who like stable environments and doing the same thing everyday.

"Great Culture & Career Growth"

I have been working at Paylocity full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Paylocity has experienced tremendous growth through the years and has a strong employee-centric culture. I personally have been enriched by my experiences and consider it a great place to work. New approaches to traditional methods are valued. There is limitless opportunity for those who can adapt, grow and evolve with the changing needs of the company.

Cons

The growth can create unique challenges like defining and redefining processes and engaging the right people when new pathways are forged.

"Leadership"

Pros

People are amazing and growth offers many opportunities

Cons

None really to mention, it's a great company

5. "Paylocity is great."

Current Employee - Account Manager in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Paylocity full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

After receiving some intense training, I feel happy and productive at work.
    My training continues and I feel I’m developing a into real profession. I could not be happier.

Cons

Traffic near our office is terrible.

Advice to Management

Continue what you are doing. It works and I feel committed to working for at least a decade or more.

6. "HCM AE"

I have been working at Paylocity full-time

Pros

Work life balance, leadership, culture, great product and service to back it up.

Cons

The company doesn't offer Kaiser.

"Implementation to Client Engagement Manager"

Current Employee - Client Engagement Manager in Tracy, CA
    Current Employee - Client Engagement Manager in Tracy, CA

I have been working at Paylocity full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Incredible Leadership since day one! Remote work life. Personal and Professional Growth is encouraged and celebrated. Working for a company like PCTY has instilled pride and privilege. I have spent many years implementing new clients. I am overjoyed by the excitement our clients experience when they see the ease of use and simplification of our systems. It is an honor to support such wonderful products and clients. I am responsible for the client relationship and product utilization. In this role, I am allowed the freedom to share and evolve the PCTY client relationship even further. As a co-creator and a client advocate I have the ability to reach infinite limits. Proud to be a PCTY employee! Cheers to another 8 years :)

Cons

None to report at this time

"Best HCM company"

Current Employee - Senior HCM Account Executive
    Current Employee - Senior HCM Account Executive

I have been working at Paylocity full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I've been with Paylocity almost 9 years and have seen many changes and growth over the years. The same top leadership has been in place all of these years and the organization is really well run.

Investing in our clients and our technology is the top thing I appreciate. The company could take actions to drive profits and stock price, but rather reinvests heavily in technology and client resources to offer the best experience for current and future clients.

Growth can be a challenge to any organization. Paylocity has done well to maintain the culture we've had since I started. My colleagues are like a second family. We work together to support clients and support each other. Service has sometimes been challenged with growth and has always retooled and developed new strategies and programs to continue to offer clients a great experience.

Income opportunities are very strong for those that will work hard and dedicate themselves.

Cons

Growth has been challenging to the service organization at times, however it's also been a positive as it has driven the company to new initiatives and new models of service to offer continuous improvement.

Advice to Management

Keep managing to the future and invest in our technology, our clients, and our people

"Thriving Culture!"

Current Employee - Senior HCM Consultant in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Senior HCM Consultant in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Paylocity full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Being remote has so many perks and all have a positive impact on my personal life and work life. We provide a product that actually has better expectations when the client starts to utilize the technology we use and develop. Compensation is great when you are hitting your goals. Once in a lifetime trips every year for top performers.

Cons

This is a challenging industry and your first year is a struggle, as it should be expected. Just takes time to get your feet on the ground.

Advice to Management

Keep the Culture and keep promoting internally.

"Senior District Manager"

Current Employee - Senior District Manager in Arlington Heights, IL
    Current Employee - Senior District Manager in Arlington Heights, IL

I have been working at Paylocity full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Top notch software, flexibility with work/life balance, we will never be an organization that believes in or stays status quo

Cons

Can feel like you're on an island so it's important to stay connected as a sales rep when you work virtually