Paylocity Reviews | Glassdoor

Paylocity Reviews

Updated February 17, 2019

4.4

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "The work-life balance is amazing" (in 146 reviews)

• "The amount of money you can make at Paylocity is almost a little hard to believe especially considering you get to work from home" (in 67 reviews)

Cons
  • "Company is growing quickly and we continue to hire but clients think we have high turnover" (in 21 reviews)

• "The company is having some growing pains" (in 44 reviews)

1. "Best In The Biz"

Pros

Having nearly 15 years of industry experience, that includes working at several of our biggest competitors, Paylocity is hands down the BEST! In reading the VERY FEW negative reviews others have written, they should not be a detterent for anyone considering or reviewing us. Yes, everyone is entitled to their own opinions and we all have different experiences, but really look closely at where those reviews are coming from, and the overall. This company has such an amazing culture, genuinely cares about you, listens to you, and has your back; truly motivating! Development, growth and opportunites are here if you want them and make the effort!

Cons

No cons just continue to adapt to our growth and industry changes

"Best Place to Work!"

Current Employee - Account Manager II in Boise, ID
    Current Employee - Account Manager II in Boise, ID

I have been working at Paylocity full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The greatest work environment. Everyone is constantly striving for you to succeed.

Cons

None that I can think of

"Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Accounting Specialist in Schaumburg, IL
    Current Employee - Accounting Specialist in Schaumburg, IL

I have been working at Paylocity full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I recently started work in the Schaumburg office and have loved every second of it. I never thought it was possible to have an office job you love going to. Paylocity treats their employees with the upmost respect. They have amazing benefits, great flexibility, and are nothing less than understanding when it comes to your personal life. There is NO dress code either....they want us to be comfortable while working! It is the best. The office I work at is straight out of someone’s dream. There’s a free on-site gym full of numerous machines — I don’t even need to get a gym membership elsewhere, it is that great. There’s also a game room, a separate room for ping pong, a room for cycling that also can be utilized for yoga. Yoga sessions are held sometimes during lunch hours for employees and a few times a week after work. Let me also say that this is all FREE. In addition, there is not just a small cafe within the building, there is an entire food court. Also, the entire 11th floor is a place for entertaining employees; there’s a pool table, ping pong table, large kitchen and plenty of seating for people to work or eat lunch etc. Since I’ve been there, they have already held employee appreciation events too. They did a whole day of streaming the tv show “The Office” and played it during the day and encouraged people to leave their desks and come take a break and come to the 11th floor to watch it. Paylocity always has almonds, Chex mix, and trail mix on every floor along with bowls of fresh fruit filled each week and a huge coffee machine that prepares your favorite coffee, cappuccinos, lattes etc. While we, the employees at paylocity have all these great amenities, we aren’t always utilizing them because of how self motivated and hard working we are. Paylocity wins year after year for being such a great place to work and I can definitely see why. I am so grateful to have been given such a wonderful opportunity. At paylocity, you don’t just land a job — you land a career. I cannot be more thankful to start my career with Paylocity. I can definitely see myself growing here and being here for a LONG time!

Cons

The only con I can think of is not applying here sooner!

Advice to Management

None- the management is great. So understanding and friendly. I love them!

"Best company I have ever worked for"

Current Employee - National Sales Support in Meridian, ID
    Current Employee - National Sales Support in Meridian, ID

I have been working at Paylocity full-time (More than a year)

Pros

NSS department has a family type atmosphere. We are all very respectful to each other and are always competitive. We have a lot of fun and the managers are great.

Cons

It's growing fast and it's unavoidable to keep everyone close. There are many groups of friends.

5. "Great Place to work"

I have been working at Paylocity full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Starting to bring new individuals into the organization with different thoughts and Ideas

Cons

I don't have any at this time

"A great first step into the corporate world -Account Manager I"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Schaumburg, IL
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Schaumburg, IL

I have been working at Paylocity full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Paylocity offers a fantastic opportunity for people to begin learning about the corporate structure of America with realistic chances to progress further within a company and realize growth potential early on. The culture is second to none, and many of the perks and benefits are truly underappreciated.

Cons

Very difficult job, not for the lazy or people lacking any initiative. Can easily be distracted, as this job does not hold your hand. Can get frustrated easily with not understanding everything upon hitting the floor. Competency exam can be quite difficult.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - Development Tech Lead in Schaumburg, IL
    Current Employee - Development Tech Lead in Schaumburg, IL

I have been working at Paylocity full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Been here for over 4 years and always get a good challenge to solve. Work with other great, smart people and enjoy moving in the same direction as so many great minds and the work is exciting.

Cons

Management can be either too many or too few depending on the department. This makes it harder to get heard sometimes even if your direct manager agrees with you - directors seem to sparse. This has caused me to wait for additional advancement for years with the future prospects seeming bleak regardless of good reviews.

Advice to Management

Give directors less direct reports so we can come to a better place quicker

"Great Rewards...not for the faint of heart"

Current Employee - Senior HCM Account Executive in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - Senior HCM Account Executive in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at Paylocity full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Paylocity has the best technology for the mid-market, HANDS DOWN! It's rare that Paylocity loses a deal in an honest evaluation. We have an amazing support culture where everyone, no matter their tenure or position, is willing to lend a helping hand when needed. The amount of money you can make at Paylocity is almost a little hard to believe especially considering you get to work from home. Paylocity is a dynamic organization which let's us switch gears quickly when a better approach to something is evident.

Cons

Make no mistake about it, this is a hard job. Your first year at Paylocity is not going to be fun. Just working hard isn't going to get you to the promised land. You need to also have a set of skills and overall business acumen to succeed here. Paylocity doesn't have the name recognition that a lot of our competitors enjoy so you almost feel like you're starting from behind the 8-ball on every deal. This is starting to slowly change but we are still a young organization comparatively. You will have to manage a lot of different personalities within your network and handle challenging situations as they arise. Thankfully, we have a very experienced and understanding management team to help out. At the end of the day this is a sales job and being expected to hit goals, metrics, and numbers don't go away just because we have a great culture. You may work 50+ hours a week; however most of those hours can be fun if done properly.

Advice to Management

Be careful of market segmentation as you don't want to encroach on territories where existing reps have been successful. Don't hire someone just because an open position needs to be filled. Wait for the right candidate.

9. "Fun company with great culture"

Former Employee - Implementation Associate in Arlington Heights, IL
    Former Employee - Implementation Associate in Arlington Heights, IL

I worked at Paylocity full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great culture, good benefits, fantastic CEO and upper management

Cons

Pay is below what you would expect

Advice to Management

Increase pay for implementation department and provide more opportunities to grow

"The Unfiltered Truth About Paylocity"

Current Employee - District Manager in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - District Manager in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at Paylocity full-time (More than a year)

Pros

With just over a year in the books, I decided it was time to come clean about working at Paylocity.
    This was the best decision I could have made in my professional career. There is certainly a lot to learn around the industry, software, partnerships, and sales process, but it is done in a professional and fun environment. Even as a remote employee, I've never felt more connected to an organization. We utilize technology (especially our own software) to enhance the work experience. Honestly, every day I wake up knowing that I have the best product in my market and it's just up to me to get in front of people and close business. That's a great feeling. Management is all about making you successful and staying positive. Benefits include insurance, 401K, and stock purchase plan. If you are willing to work hard and make money while surrounded by a great team of people, this would be a hard opportunity to pass up. Coaching and training doesn't stop after the first week, rather it's continuous through online meetings, podcasts, and phone calls. "Those that stay will be champions!"

Cons

My initial challenges have been more about the payroll industry than Paylocity. Customer base can consist of folks that have been harassed, lied to, and oversold. This makes initial conversations harder than they need to be.

Advice to Management

Be selective when hiring in South Florida. It's a privilege to create and maintain the reputation of Paylocity. No everyone has "it."