Paylocity Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.4

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Sometimes Feels Like the Company is Growing Faster Than it Can Support (in 17 reviews)

• There have been some growing pains, but it's to be expected given the amount of growth Paylocity's seen over the years (in 32 reviews)

1. "So happy I chose Paylocity!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID

I have been working at Paylocity full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Career Development opportunities are abundant, company is committed to the growth of it's employees, it is a top priority from management to provide resources necessary to support that commitment, I am proof of that and happy to be a part of it! Amazing work space and resources, benefits exceed what is standard, caliber of upper management is the best I've had, growing company in every way, culture is not propaganda it's for real!!! I am surrounded by happy employees, we have a ton of fun...and work hard! I have my dream job!

Cons

Not even one to note.

Advice to Management

Thank you for allowing us to help you create greatness!

2. "Incredible company and incredible culture!"

Current Employee - Client Department in Schaumburg, IL
    Current Employee - Client Department in Schaumburg, IL

I have been working at Paylocity full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I can’t say enough positive things about this company. The culture here is the best I have ever seen. Everyone is so supportive, helpful and kind. The management is excellent and extremely understanding and accommodating. The perks and benefits are top notch. Here are a few in the Schaumburg office:
    -Free completely updated gym
    -Fitness/health reimbursement
    -Free fruit and nuts on each floor
    -Work from home option for most positions (eventually I can work from home, but being in the office is so nice I probably won’t)
    -Every desk is an optional stand up desk
    -Monthly game night with free drinks, food and entertainment
    The list goes on and on...

Cons

None so far. The only thing I could possibility even bring up is that things move at a fast pace so you have to be comfortable with change.

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

"Unicorn career"

Current Employee - HCM Consultant
    Current Employee - HCM Consultant

I have been working at Paylocity full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The best things at Paylocity are:
    Culture
    Development
    Fantastic technology
    Ability to work remotely
    Incredible support teams
    Growth potential
    You aren’t limited in what you’re able to contribute

Cons

I can’t think of any. If you work hard and pay attention, you can write your own ticket. There’s no real excuse to fail.

Advice to Management

Keep on keepin on

"Major Incident Lead"

I have been working at Paylocity full-time

Pros

A company that truly cares for their employees and their growth.

Cons

They are very fast paced. If you are not used to a fast paced matrix environment, this is not for you.

5. "Great People and Benefits"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Arlington Heights, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Arlington Heights, IL

I worked at Paylocity full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good company with several product offerings that can be overwhelming if you're in a client facing role.

Cons

Management doesn't always provide clear direction

Advice to Management

NA

"I DON’T DREAD MONDAYS ANYMORE!"

Current Employee - Team Lead in Lake Mary, FL
    Current Employee - Team Lead in Lake Mary, FL

I have been working at Paylocity full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Best company ever! Paylocity’s culture is AMAZING. You really do feel like a work family. The work-life balance is amazing. It can be challenging but the saying here is “Work Hard. Play hard.” They are constantly catering to the employees and finding ways to show their appreciation. They actually listen to employee feedback and really take it into consideration to implement positive change. The facility is wonderful and you don’t feel “homesick” coming into work. There is always room for advancement and they are willing to give you to the tools you need to get the knowledge you want! Everything positive you’re reading really is true. I love my job!

Cons

They feed us so much it’s hard to stay in shape!

Advice to Management

Keep up the excellent work!

"Account Manager 1"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Lake Mary, FL
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Lake Mary, FL

I have been working at Paylocity full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This company loves their employees, the senior leadership treats us all as equals, they're constantly feeding us! They love to spoil us and they're constantly finding new ways to improve processes. This company loves to innovate and set themselves apart and they do that by hiring people who have a competitive spirit but are driven by that in a positive manner. They always treat us with respect and everyone here is so kind. I feel so blessed to work here and they truly deserve the title of best places to work! The pay is great and full of potential, and the path to moving up is clear cut.

Cons

This company is moving and growing quickly so being flexible to new changes is a must!

Advice to Management

Thanks for all you do, and please continue to explore new positions of opportunity for the star employees to move up. You guys are already doing a wonderful job of this I just hope you keep the momentum going.

"HCM Account Executive"

Current Employee - HCM Account Executive in Madison, WI
    Current Employee - HCM Account Executive in Madison, WI

I have been working at Paylocity full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Culture - everyone here is willing to help you, all you need to do is ask
    Humility - no matter someone's position they are all here to help you succeed
    Compensation - if you do your job and do it well you will be rewarded for your work.
    Opportunity - Paylocity is just starting to hit is stride. The growth over the next 5, 10, 20 years is going to astronomical

Cons

The training leaves a lot for you to figure out on your own, but its better than endless hours in a training room

Advice to Management

Make sure reps feel like their opportunity doesn't get too small. Having a large base of prospects allows us to recruit the best talent.

"Fabulous Culture"

Current Employee - Client Services
    Current Employee - Client Services

I have been working at Paylocity full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Challenging, rewarding, growing, ever changing ride of a lifetime!
    Awesome work-life balance, great collaborative spaces, I feel empowered to run my business to exceed our cleint expectations!

Cons

Training- as we launch new products and features, our training needs to be as robust as the products we launch.

Advice to Management

Continue to encourage cross departmental collaboration - internal networking is what sets us apart from our competitors - we like working together!

"Big earning potential, but be prepared"

Former Employee - Account Executive
    Former Employee - Account Executive

I worked at Paylocity full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Insane earning potential, tons of flexibility, nice to work with and become part of an important community your local market.

Cons

The technology used internally is terrible. For all we preach to clients about how spreadsheets are bad we are certainly not "drinking our own wine." Be prepared to do the same thing 3-4 times for seemingly no purpose. CRM is terribly dated and poorly built, excel sheet upon excel sheet, and old on-prem Microsoft software that just breaks.

Also, it seems Paylocity gets a lot of the superstars from the payroll and HR industry, but certainly some of the rejects as well. A lot of management is new to the organization, and with bad technology and a remote work environment building and creating a team environment is tough. Be prepared to grind hard, often on your own, and have more operational obstacles to clear than there should be for a "technology/software" company.

Advice to Management

Invest in the technology and the tools to properly enable your sales people to win. The job is hard enough and competitive enough that when you come from other companies, many of whom have better internal technology, you feel like you're stepping back 10 years in time. Also, find management from within, people who have succeeded in the role, rather than someone who is likely being pushed out of ADP or Paychex.

Paylocity Response

Apr 22, 2018 – Human Resources Manager

Hi, and thank you so much for your feedback. We truly appreciate any and all feedback from current and former employees. I am sorry to hear you felt our processes were antiquated. We take great... More