Cover image for Philips

Current Employee, more than 10 years

Best employer

Aug 13, 2022 - Senior Program Manager in Cleveland, OH
    Business Outlook

Pros

best salary high 401k employer match good medical insurance options nice perks good work culture

Cons

reducing footprint in US reduced growth opportunities in US

1 person found this review helpful

Philips Response

Talent Brand Manager

We're glad to hear that you've been working for our company in Cleveland with so much passion for over 20 years. Thank you for sharing your enthusiasm and feedback here on Glassdoor! This is appreciated a lot. Happy to have you on board!

1. 5.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Great Company

Feb 7, 2023 - Operations Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Business Outlook

Pros

The benefits were great and plenty of resources were made available.

Cons

The company is so large that things get caught up in bureaucracy, they push the Lean and Agile ideals but don't really live up to them.

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Not the place to be if you're a professional sales person looking to be treated professionally.

Jan 27, 2023 - Undisclosed for Privacy
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good people and great products

Cons

Either Sr. management in the sales division for the medical products team doesn't understand what it takes to motivate and retain a professional sales team, or they don't care. Among a variety of other demotivating actions for the 3rd year in a row they have decided to cancel the National Sales Meeting. Not even authorizing much less expensive Zone or District meetings. I could understand the COVID years but now they're just being cheap. It's clear these people don't understand what a National meeting can do to build the team and help their sales people understand key initiatives, but most of Sr. management aren't from the U.S. so they have no clue what it takes to motivate a professional salesperson in this country. Zoom is great but not for 6-8 hours a day masquerading as a National Sales Meeting. Also those who have over achieved want to be acknowledged by their peers in person not with some hokey clapping emoji. Zoom sales meetings are like dating by text, try it and tell me how satisfying it is.....Also the top Sales Award was called Pinnacle and it went to the highest achievers for the previous year. They would then be awarded with a trip, last year it was Hawaii. Well we just got the news that Pinnacle has been cancelled for this year so if you had a blow out 2022, tough. Not a great place for an experienced sales professional definitely the place for the know nothing college grad.....

Continue reading
    Be the first to find this review helpful

Philips Response

Talent Brand Manager

Hello, thank you taking the time to write a review here on Glassdoor. We are pleased that you have great people to work alongside whilst working at our company. We are sorry to hear of your feedback regarding the meetings and the cancellation of the Pinnacle, and hope that we can encourage you to share your feedback with your (HR) manager, if you haven't done this yet. Your thoughts will be noted either way, our management is also active here on Glassdoor and is listening. Thank you for your review and thank you for supporting us in our mission!

Discover more reviews about Philips.

Philips Careers

Cover image for Philips

Over 129 years ago, Frederik and Gerald Philips started a small lightbulb company in Eindhoven. Little did they realize that it would...More

• Professionals