Philips Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Philips Interview Questions

Updated Oct 17, 2018

2.9

1. Featured Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Philips in May 2018.

Interview

There were totally 4 rounds of interview,
    1. Introduction and coding round - In this basic data structure was asked
    2. Machine Learning round(was given a project to complete) - was given a project they were looking at how I handled data.
    3. Resume round - They wanted to learn more about my background especially in machine learning
    4. HR interview

Interview Questions

• Implement merge sort and quick sort, explain its working with an example   Answer Question
    • How do you implement undo and redo(what data structure would you use)?   Answer Question
    • Web scrape and build a ML model to predict rating from an e - commerce website   Answer Question

Computer Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Philips (Boston, MA) in November 2009.

Interview

They picked up questions from the system randomly, most of the questions are behavior questions, like what do you do when you have conflict with your teammate during the work. Some background check questions like describe the most difficult problem you have had during work. General questions, better to be prepared

Interview Questions

• Do you have plans for the next 5 or 10 years?   Answer Question
    • are you willing to do more work than the others teammates do in your teamwork?   Answer Question

Corporate Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Somerset, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Philips (Somerset, NJ) in May 2011.

Interview

application, ph interview, on-site interviews (x2)

Contract Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Foster City, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Philips (Foster City, CA) in June 2012.

Interview

I think the interview process really varies. You can start at as a temp. I've seen a lot of people hired from contract positions to permanent ones. Some hires are quickly brought on board. Some are put through a number of interviews. It really depends on your manager. It's not very regimented.

Interview Questions

• You are asked a lot of situational questions and question that are meant to get to who you are and what your values are.   1 Answer

Planner Interview

Interview

Standard interview process.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Philips (Cleveland, OH) in March 2013.

Interview

Basic interview process. Was asked to explain every single project I had done or worked with.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

First got a call from HR then was arranged a on-site interview.

Anonymous Employee in Andover, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Philips (Andover, MA) in February 2014.

Interview

Referred by a friend who works there. Scheduled a conf. call initial interview with primarily a single person asking the questions. Later that same day they contacted me to schedule an in-person interview for 5 days later. That interview lasted 4 hours and I met with 5 people. The hiring manager, the architect, and level 3, 4, & 5 software engineers. They were all very sharp and didn't focus on gotcha questions. 2 days later I had an offer in hand.

Interview Questions

• Had me comment on someone's code. Looking for me to offer advice on how to cleanup code, refactor, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I had previously told the HR rep who setup the phone interview my desired salary. When the offer came it was exactly what I had asked for so I accepted it. It was a great offer and I didn't want to appear greedy by trying for more.

Anonymous Employee in Monroeville, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Philips (Monroeville, PA) in January 2014.

Interview

I initially secured my interview through Software Specialists, who matched my listed skills up against what Philips was looking for to ensure a match. After I passed that step, I had a brief phone call with the hiring manager at the Monroeville location. It was non-technical, essentially ensuring that they had all of the information they needed from my resume. A few days later, I received a technical interview over the phone. One engineer spoke while the other listened in on the conference call. I was asked a series of questions regarding my .Net skills, both asking about my experiences and also asking specific language questions about C#. A few days later, I was called in for a face-to-face interview on-site. They gave me a wide variety of times and I wound up picking one in the morning. I met with three people. I was supposed to meet with four, but the fourth person was snowed in. Oddly enough, I was asked very few questions. Instead, most of the "interview" consisted of them telling me about the project and its details. I was asked a few softball questions regarding programming practices, including source control, architecting practices, and how I might construct a set of unit tests for a given situation.

At the end of the interview, I was informed that I would receive an answer within a day's time. As it stood, it took them two days, but I can't rightly complain, as that's surprisingly fast for most companies. Unfortunately, my start date was delayed due to issues with paperwork, but they had a drug test and papers sent to me the day after they offered me the job.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question I was asked was regarding how I might design a set of unit tests for an incoming stream of numeric data with specific formats.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Prior to being offered the job, I was asked about my desired hourly rate and was told that I was not eligible for benefits through Philips, although Software Specialists offered a plan. As it is, Software Specialists negotiated an hourly rate a dollar higher than what I had initially requested.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

There were both technical questions and behavioral questions. The technical questions were not bad. They look for creative answers.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Philips (San Francisco, CA) in July 2008.

Interview

Phone interviews leading to on-site interview in the Bay Area. Flew in for interviews in the office for the day. In-person interviews with engineers and leadership. Asked to perform a presentation on an architecture for a system given certain parameters to figure out how I think and what the style of presentation of a technical idea.

Interview Questions

• Present a detailed architecture for a system that must perform certain functionality.   Answer Question

Salary wasn't competitive with other offers.