Philips Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,273 Interview Reviews

2.9

1. Featured Interview

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mysore (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Philips (Mysore (India)) in July 2019.

Interview

Whole interview process was awesome..1st round was coding round along with 10 logical questions then there was a technical (face to face interview) which lasted for around 45 min. Where the interviewer asked about the basic concepts related to c,dbms,oops,networks,os and about my projects...3rd round was managerial round where the interviewer tested my problem solving skills,leadership skills,group management skills etc,and final round was hr with simple hr questions...so the entire process was chill ...all thanks to the philips people for giving such a wonderful experience...

Interview Questions

• In technical round ...basic concepts related to c,java,dbms,os,networks ,oops   3 Answers

Manager, Quality Systems Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Philips in May 2020.

Interview

I only did a phone screen but was not selected for the next round. I applied at the beginning of March 2020 and had a phone screen in early May. I didn't make it far enough to provide any additional feedback but wanted to share that it took a couple months to be contacted from time of application submission. Not sure if that is typical or if the pandemic slowed anything down.

Interview Questions

• It was a typical phone screen asking questions about your experience and the role. Looking back at my interview, I realize my mistakes.   Answer Question

Manufacturing Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Philips (San Diego, CA) in April 2020.

Interview

Very simple. Everyone was very friendly. Phone interview only lasted 15 minutes with the hiring manager. Had four different half hour interviews. Process was quick and decision was made quickly.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Philips (Baltimore, MD) in March 2020.

Interview

After applying online, I spoke to an internal recruiter for a phone screen. Afterwards, I spoke to a manager about my experience and was given a coding exercise to complete. I was then invited to an in-person interview. The first part of the interview was a Q&A with a panel about my resume. For the second part, I was presented with a laptop and told to complete several coding exercises while one developer was present in the room. The development environment on the laptop was poorly prepared and I had to assist the interviewer to get it running. After about a week, I was told that I did not get the position since the interviewers did not understand my solutions.

Interview Questions

• Write a Python application to parse and aggregate a JSON object.   Answer Question

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Philips.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by an HR rep. We did a short phone screen and then I did a 30 minute phone interview with a hiring manager. The hiring manager asked some tough questions but was friendly and told me a lot about the position. He also gave me feedback at the end of the interview which was very helpful. They seemed to want to move quickly through the process, as I live in the city where the position I applied for was but they only did phone interviews before selecting a candidate for the job.

Interview Questions

• Can you give an example of a time you showed leadership and follow through?   Answer Question

UX Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Philips in February 2020.

Interview

I had a phone interview with Philips and they were extremely friendly and the interview was relatively easy. They really care about your passions and interests rather than your experience.

Customer Relationship Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Philips (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Interview process was conducted by recruiter and then had to construct a presentation for a panel interview. Panel interview conducted by Senior Managers and their technology was clearly misrepresented during this process.

Supply Chain Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Philips in January 2020.

Interview

Had an initial phone screen and then 2 phone interviews that went well with current employees (one who was in HR and another who worked in SC), pretty standard stuff to that point. But then I had a 3rd phone interview with who I believe would have been my boss had I received an offer but my god from the start to finish he just made it clear that he didn't want to hire me and was just beyond unprofessional. He had called 10 minutes late without even acknowledging it and just sounded uninterested during the entire interview like he had somewhere else to be (which he clearly did because the call ended when it should have, despite the late start). At times I genuinely thought I could hear him snoring while I was answering some of his questions and for the majority of the questions that I asked him, he answered with 1/2 words or "I don't know". I was a little happy in the end to not get an offer knowing that I'd be reporting to him and would definitely consider applying to Philips in the future if the right opportunity arises since everyone else who I spoke with was more than happy to answer anything. That being said, for the sake of the company and his department I really hope they stop letting that guy conduct interviews.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Philips (Boston, MA) in January 2020.

Interview

I had a phone interview. This interview did not feel particularly warm. It was most probably because my first point of contact was not a recruiter whom you usually talk to first before talking to the main engineering team. It felt like an interrogation.

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Philips (San Diego, CA) in January 2020.

Interview

Volcano Division

Had discussions with the company recruiter and the hiring manager. Spoke twice with hiring manager actually. Followed by in person interviews which were a mess. Interview panel was also in all day meetings, the timing was shuffled, and the panel appeared stressed and tired. Additional interviewer added on the fly. Nobody seemed happy - not a single smile all day.

The interviews were fairly straight forward. I left the facility feeling the division was disorganized and lacked vision. My gut told me something was off.

After a week I followed up with the Philips recruiter to determine the status. Nothing. Two weeks later followed up again and was told the hiring manager wasn’t responsive and was traveling a lot.

After another week I wrote the Philips recruiter and withdrew my candidacy and offered to follow up live if he’d like to discuss my reasons. I never heard from the recruiter again.

I know from a colleagues who is a Philips executive the division has struggled and my belief now is that it’s clearly at the top.

I’d recommend caution with the Volcano division.

Ford Service Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Philips (Colorado Springs, CO) in January 2020.

Interview

Interview was brief but in depth. Manager interviewing was very knowledgeable and fair. I felt he asked the right questions to gage my hireability and for for both the company and the position. He took time to explain in-depth the job and benefit opportunities and what was expected in this position.