Philips Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 18, 2018

2.9

Document Control Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marlborough, MA

Interview

Interview was about an hour long and pretty much went over my resume and background. I got the offer but had to turn it down due to their relocation to Cambridge in the upcoming year.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you were under amount of pressure and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Philips.

Interview

A couple of phone screens, one with HR, then with the hiring manager. It was very conversational, trying to gauge personality and determine initial fit. The two phone screens were followed with an onsite interview. I had two onsites: one in a Starbucks, and one at an MRI magnet manufacturing facility.

Business Process Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Philips.

Interview

I applied for the job online and received a response from a recruiter within a few days. She set up a phone interview, but never called during the scheduled time. When I emailed her during the time slot, she responded to the email and explained there was a mix up due to the Columbus day holiday. She rescheduled for later in the week then didn't call me for the second interview either. My follow up email where I asked what may have happened went ignored as well.

Software Test Engineer Interview

Interview

It was a quick 15 minute phone interview followed up by an on site interview with two of the managers working there where they asked mostly behavioral questions and a few technical questions as well.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you overcame a challenge?   1 Answer

IGT Territory Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Philips.

Interview

I was chosen for a phone interview after filling out the online application and from an employee referral. The person who called me for the phone interview was very straight forward and boring. Speaking completely monotone, his main objective was to see what type of sales I currently am in and if I had experience selling to surgeons in the area. It was about a 20 minute phone call and talking to him was like pulling teeth. I would expect for such a reputable company that they would have a more charismatic personable talent acquisition specialist as the first line of contact representing their company.

Interview Questions

• Can you explain what type of product you are selling currently?   Answer Question
    • Are you comfortable taking on a large territory?   Answer Question

Supplier Quality Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Philips (Gainesville, FL) in April 2018.

Interview

I applied on Handshake and got an email notification about being selected for the interview one week after. One week after the first email, the company emailed me the time of the interview and who I would be seeing. The manager gathered two other staff to interview me together and the result came out two weeks after the interview.

Product Configuration Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Andover, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Philips (Andover, MA).

Interview

1 - HR interview over the phone
           Straightforward tell me about your qualifications type of interview.
    1 - Phone interview with hiring manager
          Questions about how you would perform in the position
    3 Rounds of interviews on-site with Hiring Manager, Director, Team members
         Questions about how you would handle certain situations that would be faced by someone in this position

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bothell, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Philips (Bothell, WA).

Interview

Typical interview process, phone interviews followed by on site interview. Scheduling was moderately difficult and was not managed locally. The on site interview has 45 minutes slots which was too short for most of the interviewers.

Interview Questions

• Write a C function to calculate a Fibonacci number   Answer Question
    • Write a C function to match a sub string with each letter in sequence, but with any number of characters in between   1 Answer

GCP Compliance Auditor, Senior Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Andover, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Philips (Andover, MA) in March 2018.

Interview

I was initially contacted by a talent acquisition consultant and had a brief phone screen, during which time I pointed out that the original job description indicated the need for a four year degree and that I did not have one, and wanted to know if this would be an issue going forward. I was informed that it would not. I was informed that the next steps in the process would be to speak with the hiring manager and a senior team member.

I was scheduled for two 30 minute blocks of time to speak with the hiring manager and the senior team member. During my discussion with the hiring manager I was asked about my background in GCP auditing as well as my experience with QMS auditing. I was also asked about my educational background, during which time I again pointed out the fact that I did not hold a college degree, but that I held several professional certifications. I was again told that the degree was not necessary and that my background was reflective of what was needed for the open position. I was told that I would be brought in for a face to face with some additional team members.

The next step was the 30 minute conversation with the senior team member. This time was spent going over my background, in particular my GCP experience. We discussed the types of audits I had conducted, my knowledge of various international regulatory requirements, and a background of the team I would be potentially working with.

The next steps appeared to be getting on schedule for the face to face, but the process seemed to stall here, as a couple of weeks went by with no contact from the TAC. I finally reached out a couple of time and then was told "i am in the process of getting you scheduled, but the team is sooo busy". Ok.

I finally get scheduled for the on-site with initially 3 interviewees schedule, the HM, the Sr. Team Member that I spoke to previously, and one other individual. This schedule changed "multiple" times before the scheduled interview until finally, I was scheduled to meet with 4 people - the HM, the Department Head, an audit team member, and a peripheral team member.

During these interviews I was given a wealth of background that border lined somewhat inappropriate, (i.e. who would not accept a package to leave, who is now "just an auditor"). I was also informed that the team had been "sort of blind sided" by the need to conduct these audit types and that they did not have much experience in doing so. I was told that the position had been open for quite some time, and that there had been more than 70 interviews for the position.

But most notably I was told by the hiring manager (whom I had previously spoken with during the phone screen) as well as the department head that I interviewed with that "they did not know I did not have a degree". needless to say, I was "astounded" as I had specifically spoken to the hiring manager about my lack of degree and the professional certifications I held.

During my time with the hiring manager, I was told "I didn't realize you had no degree, and I just want to be transparent, that might be an issue-- see because...some of the business management groups on the clinical side have not taken well to the audit process, and the "push back" on some of the observations has been somewhat extreme, I personally have had managers call me up and demand the credentials of the auditor who conducted the inspection". Basically implying that since I didn't have a degree...I had no "credentials".

During the end phase of the interview process, was told that I would be scheduled to speak more with the sr. team member that I initially spoke with during phone screen...as she was the expert in the area of GCP and that he was just "the pretty smile".

That additional conversation was never scheduled, and I had to repeatedly reach out to the TAC for feedback. After several attempts at contact, the TAC finally responded to me via a phone call in which I was told..."Oh I thought I'd left you a voice mail on Friday"...well anyway...they felt you didn't have enough experience. (I was floored).

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your background with respect to GCP audits.   1 Answer
    • What were you main responsibilities at this organization, or that organization?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time when you were faced with an irate auditee, how did you handle the situation?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Philips.

Interview

Dropped off my resume at the university career fair, got an email that I was selected for phone interview. Scheduled for a phone interview and did a Skype call with the hiring manager and got the position.