Philips Reviews | Glassdoor

1. Featured Review

"Great Mission"

Current Employee - Manager in Reedsville, PA

I have been working at Philips full-time for less than a year

Pros

Life-changing product that helps people around the world True management team that works together to achieve results Mature improvement culture Good pay and benefits

Cons

Facility expansion is behind the power curve due to explosive growth in recent months

Advice to Management

Keep on the path

Philips2019-05-07

May 10, 2019Talent Brand Manager

Thanks for reviewing us as a company. We're proud to read you feel at home at Philips. Keep up the good work!

2. "Great Leadership and a Company with Purpose"

Current Employee - Operations Planner in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Philips full-time for less than a year

Pros

Strong Leadership with lots of experience. Company looks to develop and advance internally but also is big enough/growing to allow for new hires as well. I truly enjoy working for my leadership and the opportunities presented in my role to constantly learn and grow.

Cons

The landscape of healthcare and health tech are ever changing and fast-paced. This is a large multinational company undergoing a lot of transformational change to be THE global leader in Healthcare Technology.

Philips2019-10-17

October 18, 2019Talent Brand Manager

Thanks a lot for taking the time to share your first impressions on working with us on here. I'm glad to hear that you're really positive about the company culture, the opportunity to learn and grow. I wish you all the best with your career at Philips. We're glad to have you on board.

3. "Very good working environment"

Current Employee - Software Development Engineer in Andover, MA

I have been working at Philips full-time for less than a year

Pros

1. People are helpful and friendly. 2. The code and product development processes are scaled agile framework. Have lots of software and documents to use/read/write when doing assessment development, test and delivery. 3. Workload are balanced in team

Cons

As new people, you might spend much time getting yourself familiar with the development process, software and all kinds of products

Philips2019-10-15

October 17, 2019Talent Brand Manager

Hi there, thanks for sharing some insights on your experiences with working for Philips here. It's appreciated that you've really noted down some points. We wish you all the best with your career with us!

4. "Decent for starting out no growth"

Current Employee - Manufacturing Engineer in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Philips full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good job with good benefits right out of school

Cons

Little oppurtunity for growth and to move up internally.

Advice to Management

Have faith in your younger employees to grow and andvance

Philips2019-10-15

October 17, 2019Talent Brand Manager

Hi there, thanks for reflecting a bit on working with us over the last years - that's much appreciated. It sounds like you do like a lot of aspects of the work, but opportunity is one of the things you'd like to see a bit different. If you haven't already, I would recommend talking to your manager about the possibilities to advance. It might be that the specific sector you're working in now, doesn't have too many options at the moment. But perhaps your talent could also be utilized in another department, where more room for career growth is possible. I do wish you all the best in your endeavors in your career, and thanks again for your review.

5. "Great work environment"

Current Employee - Process Engineer in Andover, MA

I have been working at Philips full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good work life balance and your work is well recognized

Cons

The commute can be challenging

October 17, 2019Talent Brand Manager

Thanks for taking a moment to share some thoughts on working with us as Process Engineer, now for your first year. We hope to do great things together!

6. "Best In Class"

Current Employee - Senior Finance Manager in Toledo, OH

I have been working at Philips full-time for less than a year

Pros

Innovative, Employee focused, respectful leadership

Cons

I do not have any

October 17, 2019Talent Brand Manager

Thanks a lot for your review on here. I'm glad to read that you're so positive regarding the organization and the leadership as well as our position in the market. Thanks for being on board!

7. "Great Benefits"

Current Employee - Contract Specialist in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Philips full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great benefits, great people, good pay, flexible schedule, great culture

Cons

Month-ends can wear you down. Not really any career movement allowed. They kind of want you stay in your role for awhile. A lot of things go on that upper management tries to keep to themselves which is what happens at any big company.

Advice to Management

I would say to not be in meetings so much because there are times when your manager is no where to be found when you have a question that he/she can only answer.

October 17, 2019Talent Brand Manager

Thanks a lot for taking a moment to share some thoughts on being with us full-time over the course of the last 1 - 2 years. It's great to hear that you enjoy your work, the people around and the benefits. We can also tell that you're ambitious - which is a treat that we do really value in our organization. It might be there currently isn't a lot of room for opportunity in the division you're working in right now, but I would like to encourage you to discuss these things with your manager.

"I felt disposable"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at Philips full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Very supportive of remote working; big budgets; opportunities to do very interesting and meaningful work.

Cons

Expectations far too high for individual contributors. I felt like even the most impressive results that added true, measurable value were never good enough. Culture of vocal criticism and people push others under the bus regularly. I regularly was stressed to a breaking point and made to feel that I could be replaced very easily.

Advice to Management

Your outer image doesn’t line up with what it’s like to actually be an employee. Focus on how people manage others. Hire or develop better leaders.

Philips2019-09-30

October 2, 2019Talent Brand Manager

Hi there, thank you for sharing your experiences of your time with Philips here. It's good to hear you were happy with the opportunity to engage in meaningful work with us. Having said that, we regret hearing that you experiences stress on more than one occasion and that you felt like expectations were too high. This feedback means a lot for the improvement of our organization. Upper management is active on this platform too, so your points of improvement will be duly noted. Thanks again for your honest words and all the best with your career!

9. "Working at Philips"

Current Employee - Human Resources Advisor in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Philips full-time for more than a year

Pros

Benefits, WFH, Vacation Time, Social Events

Cons

Favoritism, salary below market, shortstaffed

Advice to Management

Stop nepotism, favoritism, hire more people and respect people's weekends and holidays.

Philips2019-10-18

"Considerable personal turnover"

Current Employee - Director, Field Marketing Management in Andover, MA

I have been working at Philips full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Good culture and good people

Cons

Strategy is not well integrated into organizational operations

Philips2019-09-27

October 2, 2019Talent Brand Manager

Hi there, great to hear you appreciate the company culture and your colleagues. Thanks so much for sharing this. Your points of improvement are valuable as well. As upper management is active on this platform too, your feedback will be duly noted. All the best with your career!

Found 1092 reviews