Power Home Remodeling - Family owned and operated business that does it right | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Power Home Remodeling

"Family owned and operated business that does it right"

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Iselin, NJ
Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Iselin, NJ

Pros

The career growth opportunity is outstanding. Everyone in the office genuinely cares about each other and wants to see you be successful. Communication with upper management is incredibly easy also. Company trips, Vacations, Gift Cards, promotions and endless income potential all push employees to work extremely hard and set unthinkable goals.

Cons

Upper management will give you the tools and resources to be successful at the Power. It will take an equal amount of effort and dedication to be GREAT at power.

Advice to Management

Continue to care about the professional and personal life and well being of your employees. Continue to motivate employees through incentives, promotions, and trips that other companies wouldn't even think of offering.

Other Employee Reviews for Power Home Remodeling

"Marketing/Beware of the fake reviews"

Former Employee - Outbound Marketer in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Outbound Marketer in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Power Home Remodeling full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A 3 day trip to cancun if you make it that far.
    Some of the guys are cool.
    Besides that none at all

Cons

Where do I start I worked at Power full time for more than a year. I was hired as a marketer and told within 3 months you become eligible to be moved up to a remodeling consultant. What they don't tell you is that the position marketer is a name to disguise the true position (door to door sales). This job only hires for marketing positions and they feed you bs that you will be moved up but realistically you won't get moved up. Everyone morning you have a meeting and then get loaded into a crowded can and adventure to the neighborhood you will be soliciting homeowners for the next 8-9 hours. They hire marketers to get leads for the remodeling consultants and pretty much burn you out until you are done, they don't care about you or your well being. On top of that the whole company is based on a script from interviews, to sales, to your performance review yes everyone is told the same script during the performance review. You also will deal with cops on the daily basis with this job power doesn't get permits to solicit neighborhoods so often workers (marketers) get ticketed for soliciting or even arrested and all power does is pay the ticket they don't care about you!Even if you get a court date you are there alone by yourself no one from Power comes and they don't provide you with a lawyer..Look it up! Also you are outside all day rain, sleet, snow, thunder and lightening they don't care. Territories are based on favorites and the marketing mangers (van drivers) take the best territory to themselves. The base is ridiculously low which requires you two volunteered Saturday's a month (non paid) the vp is a cheerleader. Don't believe the reviews they pay people to write positive reviews. This is one of the most truthful reviews you will find.

"Project Manager"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Power Home Remodeling full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The people I work with are the best there is. Everyone on the team works together and helps one another out. No one person is bigger than another so we all share the same relentless dedication to improvement. I love what I do. I get to drive around and meet with installers and customers. No day is quite the same as the one before so you are never bored. The organization gives you everything you need to be successful from, the people, equipment, technology, and training to become an expert at what you do. You never feel left out or alone because everyone around you wants to make you better and help you grow. The best part is that there is always more to accomplish. You never feel like you topped out at your position. We are even creating new positions as we grow so the possibilities are endless. Because of this, everyone you work with is dedicated to be the best they can and strive for excellence.

Cons

I guess one of the cons for some people would be you have to work hard. Nothing is given to you. Power will give you the tools, but you need to be a driven person and work hard. Because everyone works hard in their positions, if you do not you will stand out almost instantly. Power is a demanding company but they reward you for your dedication with bonus systems and possibilities to move up into higher positions. You will be working long hours. We all work a lot and sometimes it is required to accomplish your goals. I have always been a hard worker so Power has been a great fit for me.

Advice to Management

My advice to management would be keep pushing employees to refer friends and family to the Power team. I feel like our best people have been from referrals and I think we need to even push harder to get referrals on board.