Power Home Remodeling Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Power Home Remodeling Interview Questions

Updated May 19, 2017

2.3

Remodeling Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Power Home Remodeling.

Interview

Basically they wanted to get a feel for my personality so just be yourself and if the job is a good match the interviewer can tell. I was contacted by a recruiting agent and asked a bit about what I was looking for in a job role and company. Had 2 phone interviews then was brought in to the office twice for in person interviews.

Dress business professional for the interview! Look sharp!

Interview Questions

• Things you like to do for fun, previous experience, your story , why power   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Power Home Remodeling in May 2017.

Interview

I applied online and received a call the next morning. The lady sounded nice and wanted to know more about my previous employment. My previous experience happened to be a very unique situation so I highlighted the significant points that made it so. The interviewer then informed me of the next steps and added that I would be getting a call from them within 48 hours.

So I waited and on the third day, no calls. I called the interviewer on the third day, no answer. I tried following up several more times after that 1-2x a week for 3 weeks, even calling the headquarters in PA. Apparently there is only one recruiter/interviewer in Texas and she handles all of TX.

Well, it's been almost a month now and still haven't heard back. I find it very unprofessional and honestly, quite disappointing. I had such high hopes for a company who was dubbed by Fortune Mag that they were one of the the best companies to work for. Oh well.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Power Home Remodeling (Waltham, MA) in April 2017.

Interview

It was a great interview that had questions that really showed the values that the company had. They seemed to show a real interest in how you are as a person and really wanted to make sure that you would be a right fit for the culture that the company had.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilton, CT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Power Home Remodeling (Wilton, CT) in April 2017.

Interview

Primarily there was a 20 min phone interview. After which we agreed to meet for a 1 on 1 interview at an office 48 mins away from my home. I showed up a half hour early, there was absolutely nobody in the office at all! After waiting in the lobby 25 mins I wanted an explanation so I walked through the entire office searching for one person who could explain why the office was so empty 4 mins before my interview. I found no one and left. No sooner than I got on the highway my phone rings asking if I am close... I explain the severely uncomfortable experience I just had and was told that the ENTIRE office was at training and was made to feel like I was to blame because I showed up early for an interview.

Interview Questions

• Am I serious about this job? If so how serious?   1 Answer

Copywriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Power Home Remodeling (Philadelphia, PA) in March 2017.

Interview

I've had a relationship with Power for about two years. They previously offered me a job which I declined. They reached out this time asking if I'd be interested in helping them expand their team. We restarted the interview process; I sent them samples and went in for a sit down. After that, they asked me to write unique samples for their company. They liked the samples and invited me to meet with their brand-new public relations VP. The position I was considered for would have some overlap, so interviewing with the new VP made sense, although I wouldn't be working directly for her (my position would have been marketing communications). That's where the process stopped and they went with a candidate who had NYC agency experience. It seemed as though the new VP made the final call, which felt a bit unfair as she was new (had been working there for mere days) and in a different department; however, I can't know for sure she made the decision. The email I received notifying me about their decision was rather generic, so I followed that with an email to my primary contact--the VP of marketing Comm. Although this didn't work out in my favor, we left it on a good note. I was asked to touch base in a few months, as they'll try to have something for me then. Truly a great company, even without an offer.

Marrketing Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Power Home Remodeling (Detroit, MI) in March 2017.

Interview

Pretty simple straight forward interviews. Had a phone interview, they called me in for a face to face, then got called in for another face to face with another employee. Pretty cool people and easy to talk to.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Iselin, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Power Home Remodeling (Iselin, NJ) in February 2017.

Interview

The first step was the phone interview, where I talked with a TA Specialist about the role, my experience and myself. I also filled out a personality questionnaire.

The second step was an interview with the RVP of Marketing, who asked me more questions about myself and how I thought I would fit in with Power's culture, etc.

The third step was a follow-up interview where I learned more about the position, got asked a few more questions and accepted my offer!

Interview Questions

• What sets you apart from anyone else I might interview?   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Power Home Remodeling (Irving, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

Pretty straight forward. No curve balls, just talked about past experience and why I wanted to work there. Interviewer went into detail about what the particular job entails and all of the perks of working at Power (great culture/workplace, great potential, good benefits, company trip).

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Power?   1 Answer

Field Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Power Home Remodeling (Denver, CO) in February 2017.

Interview

Now that it is apparent that I will not get the job, here it goes. So I did a phone interview with Patrick in Pennsylvania. That went excellent. He set me up for an interview at the Denver office. The "interview" at the Denver office consisted of about 3 questions from my past, none of which allowed me to sell myself to the interviewer. It was more about having me watch 2-3 videos about how wonderful it would be at Power. Here's the thing. It seemed that everyone who works at power was a chiseled 9-10, fresh out of a Barbie box, and that's not how I look. Not only that but I already had 3 other companies have me watch a series of videos only to then ask me for an "investment" to proceed. So it's my fault that my attitude changed once we got to the 2nd or 3rd video, as I was really expecting the next video to tell me how much it would cost to join Power. There are lots of scams out there that advertise themselves as "jobs". In retrospect, I don't think Power was a scam, but I wasn't offered a job

Interview Questions

• Of the few questions I was asked, one of them was how much did I want to make?   1 Answer
    • After I told him the amount, he asked me if I could see myself making $100-120k my first year!   Answer Question
    • The third and last question was to tell him about my sales experience at "the first co on my resume" which I am in a lawsuit with.   1 Answer

Remodeling Consultant/Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greenbelt, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Power Home Remodeling (Greenbelt, MD) in January 2017.

Interview

Phone interview . Took a couple of days to hear from from the HR Team after phone interview. Was called in for 1st interview . Met with VP of marketing if the area. Went very well . The people was very nice. I got invited in for a second interview 2 days later. More about the position and told me I'll have to start out in Marketing which is door to door sale pretty much . Caught me off guard but didn't scare me at all.
    Really expressed they looking for people they can move up within company . Massive growth.