Power Home Remodeling Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Power Home Remodeling Interview Questions

Updated Nov 6, 2018

2.3

Outbound Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Power Home Remodeling.

Interview

Hour and a half long sales pitch that sells you on the dream. offered the job on the spot. if you don't get the job then you should re consider your interviewing skills. basically hire anyone with 2 legs and a beating heart.

Interview Questions

• how much money do you want to make   1 Answer

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Power Home Remodeling (Philadelphia, PA) in May 2012.

Interview

Phone interview with a in house recruiter. This person would not tell me anything about the salary or the comissions. This person spoke for over 20 minutes without even asking me any questions. This person spent over 7 minutes trying to sell me on the company 3 day yearly trip, with upper management. I read on here that this starting salary is 26K. This is not B2B sales, you are selling to home owners who are the end users. Maybe a good start for someone trying to build their resume from scratch.

Interview Questions

• I seriously can't even remember if I was even asked one question besides, doesn't that sound great?!   Answer Question

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norcross, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Power Home Remodeling (Norcross, GA) in August 2017.

Interview

Very basic two interview process, I was one of the two hired out of about 8 or 9 individual applicants, the first interview was a hour long preliminary interview with the general questions pertaining to why you would suit the company and its vision. I interviewed with the manager of marketing, he was a great guy and made me feel very comfortable. Their was a questionnaire at the beginning of the process, take it serious, it is a determination of weather you will get a second interview or not as so will the quality of your first interview. I am naturally good at interviewing, i have never interviewed for a job i have not gotten, might have something to do with me being highly extroverted but thats just me. When i got the job i was told that stature and confidence was a big determinate so sit tall and and display confidence, anyways how can you sell their products when you cant even sell you-self. all together stand stall, confident, and cool and if you have the right stuff (background, credentials, and their i'm the best attitude) your solid.

P.S . the interview is business professional AKA a full suit, you HAVE to own a sit to get this interview and nail it, NOT EVEN JOKING. i dropped 900 dollars on suits before i even got the job but if you get the job you will wear them while at work often so its well worth it.

Interview Questions

• what should i think about you while i'm interviewing the other candidates.   1 Answer
    • why are your right for power?   1 Answer
    • how much do you see yourself making a power the first year?   1 Answer

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chester, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Power Home Remodeling (Chester, PA).

Interview

Brittish Guy gets you all excited on the phone how great of a company it is to work for and how its not your typical cold calling sales company. You got that right.. its door to door. I went in to meet the beautiful VP. That was the only thing good about the interview

Interview Questions

shady job.. just read the reviews

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Power Home Remodeling.

Interview

Basic stuff. Really just a normal conversation. The most annoying part about the interview process is you most likely won't know what position you are actually interviewing for until you arrive. They like to read you and then place you where they feel you'll best succeed.

Anonymous Employee in Chester, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Power Home Remodeling (Chester, PA).

Interview

they call quick cause they thrive on high turnover. essentially if you aren't an idiot you'll be offered the job. a recruiter tries to sell you on the company (after you have already applied). you have one interview with a manager and then after that if they want to hire you, you are offered the position at the second interview.

Interview Questions

• there really isn't one. just the run of the mill generic "why do you want to work here" garbage   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chester, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Power Home Remodeling (Chester, PA) in April 2015.

Interview

Met with a VP, and discussed the company. In looking through materials around the office I found many references to "the script". I am not and never will be interested in selling from a script. Oddly this script was never mentioned I. The interview. This is not a place that I would feel comfortable working.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chester, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Power Home Remodeling (Chester, PA) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied in mid April and had a phone interview a week later. They said they will give me a call back to schedule an in person interview, didn't hear from them for a month after following up several times leaving voicemail's and emails. Randomly I get another call late June with another phone interview and an Invitation to come in for an interview. I arrived early for the interview but it took them until a half hour after the interview was scheduled to speak with me. The interview was just getting to know me and finding out personality and background that your resume doesn't say they then proceed to tell you all about the business and every angle of the business. I was called back for a second interview with a different person who was far less pleasant of a person. They had me shadow someone on their call center floor for what was supposed to be 45 minutes but they may have forgot i was there and i ended up being there for nearly two hours. This interview started at 4 and I didn't leave until 7. I was told I would be called within 2 days to find out if they would give me an offer. They emailed me a week later saying they were pursuing other options.

Anonymous Employee in Chester, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Power Home Remodeling (Chester, PA) in June 2015.

Interview

Coming out of college i was a bit nervous to take my first interview in the business world. With that being said Chris Jordan and Jamie Dulin made the interview process as smooth as possible. Both made me feel extremely comfortable and very conversational. Once i was described the job and took a hour to see what it was like in real time i absolutely loved it. As soon as they offered me the position i was thrilled and could not wait to make the most of my opportunity.

Interviewee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rosemont, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Power Home Remodeling (Rosemont, IL).

Interview

Good interview, but they are trying to make it too fancy and look impressive. It is just a door to door sales job, there is no need for a personality test to be done. The interview itself was pretty standard, with a MASSIVE focus on the company and how good it is and how much I would love to work there. Its not a sales pitch, I applied for the job for a reason... But the questions were pretty basic interview questions. It was hard to not get bored of being told about how the company is a family and have family ethics, yet they are willing to knock on peoples door during dinner time to bother them to replace their windows. I was fortunate enough to have someone from power home and remodelling knock on my door that evening to sell me windows and when I said no they became aggressive and pushing, even telling me I was destroying the planet with not having energy efficient windows. Well I am sorry Power but I cant afford it. This luckily confirmed my feeling of not wanting to pursue the job and when I was invited for the next step I happily declined.