Ramsey Solutions - Once you realize you're in a cult, it's all downhill from there | Glassdoor

"Once you realize you're in a cult, it's all downhill from there"

I have been working at Ramsey Solutions full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

The people who do all the real work. Lampo spends a lot of time interviewing people and does manage to hire some good people, but we're generally paid poorly and are expected to "volunteer" to work extra when things need to be done. I used to think I was helping people, but now it seems more like I'm just helping Dave expand his ego.

Cons

Despite what the HR plants on Glassdoor are saying, it's not a good culture. The mandatory staff meetings do little more than give Dave another platform from which to rant and management a place to pat each other on the back. For someone's who's so into working hard, we have a lot of meetings that go absolutely nowhere. I've watched Dave get crazier and crazier over the years. From the time he brought a sword and... a bat to a staff meeting in which he was angry with The Tennessean to the time he brought a real, working handgun to staff meeting to teach us a lesson about gossip to his inability to humble himself and consider another point of view and railing against other Christians who are too "liberal." And seeing how much he's changed from a decent guy who seemed like he was out to help people to a money hungry control freak. No one can disagree with Dave. Even some of the best leaders we've had in the company have left. Of course no one knows why because of the "rapture" that happens with many coworkers. People will leave for another job or be fired and you may not notice for weeks that they've gone. And when asked, it's like you're talking about the dead. I guess I've just watched the place go from something good to something just weird and most of these reviews on here are being put up by HR trying to keep up the "Best Places to Work" facade. If you're looking for "work that matters," then go work with the homeless or orphans or widows in the evenings or the weekends and get a job with a company that treats you well and respects you as a whole person, not just what you do for them.

Advice to Management

I'd say to go get a job in the real world and learn what leadership really looks like, then you might see that many of you aren't cut out for leading a team to begin with. Just because you've been there the longest doesn't qualify you for leadership.

Ramsey Solutions2014-04-15

"Serving"

Current Employee - Technology in Franklin, TN

I have been working at Ramsey Solutions full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Company mission is clear and restated often to align everything I do People matter; leadership makes every effort to create an environment where I get to work in my strengths Working with some of the latest technology such as Amazon Web Services, AWS Working with some of the smartest people in Technology Lots of opportunity to learn and able to contribute to the solution Because the company culture is built on... trust, relationship, vulnerability, and humility, we have no silos or "throw it over the wall" problems. Our Web Systems, Development, and QA teams like to work together to solve problems no matter where the issue actually is rooted.

Cons

This is a fast-paced and fast-growing company. Growth opportunities are encountered quicker than with previous companies I worked for. Growth opportunities can become problems that take our eye off the real work of helping others.

Advice to Management

Keep evolving communication to help create clarity of where we want to go and encourage communication to create clarity of how we are going to get there.

Ramsey Solutions2019-10-03

"Best place to work"

Current Employee - Graphic Designer

I have been working at Ramsey Solutions full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Mission oriented - Work that impacts lives - Great people - Amazing culture

Cons

- Could be closer to Nashville - No work from home option

Ramsey Solutions2019-09-17

Discover more reviews about Ramsey Solutions.