KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Engaged Employer

Add an Interview

Ramsey Solutions Interview Questions

Updated Sep 29, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 169 of over 169 interviews

Recruiter6%
3.1
HardAverageEasy

Ramsey Solutions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ramsey Solutions in Sep 2022

Interview

Bizarre as Heck. The type of Bizarre that leaves you scratching your head and with bad vibes after. So first I was reached out by a recruiter who wanted to get to know me and wanted me to learn about the company. He had no position in mind for me, and it seemed the only thing he liked about me was that I was a christian and went to a christian university. Talked with him 3 times: 1st time: Asked if I would be willing to relocate and some questions about me and left me some material to learn about Ramsey solutions. 2nd time: asked me if I had applied for anything within the company and told me to look at multiple positions to find a fit in the company if he couldn’t get me something (You mean you don’t have a position in mind for me???) 3rd: Time pawned me off to another recruiter saying that he deals with people with a higher experience level (Did you not read my resume????) Then I talked with another recruiter, and she asked if I would be willing to possibly go lower on the salary range I had put( Note: it was rather high but it was accounting for moving and cost of living in Nashville, TN and inflation) Asked me questions about how many Dave Ramsey podcasts, youtube shows I had watched etc. ( I had watched a few of the videos the previous recruiter had sent me but, they are not paying me to watch everything about him and I work a full-time job right now.) It seems like they expect you to be a fan boy/girl. They even asked if I had been sent a skills assessment, which I hadn’t. I also figured out the interview process was a 3 month long process. So i’m possibly putting in the effort of a full-time job for no pay? To possibly work a job that won’t pay me cost of living difference and inflation?????? And at the end of this 3 month process after i have put in all this work I might not get the job? I got just a bad feeling and after a day of thought i withdrew my application. If the recruiters are this weird and are not giving me proper information upfront, and not communicating with each other this early, what does this say about the company? Aren’t they supposed to represent the company? I might have just gotten a weird deal here but my gut instinct is telling me no and i learned to listen to it early on.

Interview Questions
  • How many Dave Ramsey media have you watched?
    1 Answer
2 people found this interview helpful

Ramsey Solutions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ramsey Solutions

Interview

There is a call with a recruiter, the recruiter gives a sales pitch for 15 min to then say “We’ve already hired someone for this role, this is just for discovery.”

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Ramsey Solutions

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Ramsey Solutions

Interview

The process was very thorough. The rigor behind it ensured we were both making the right decision that would result in a long term commitment. Ramsey Solutions wants both sides to be sure and they invest a ton of time in candidates.

Ramsey Solutions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Ramsey Solutions

Interview

Interview with recruiter was very informative and productive. She asked questions to help me and her decide if I was the right fit for the job. If I were willing to relocate I would have definitely moved further in the process.

Interview Questions
  • They asked about my experience in customer insight, since that was what the role would be responsible for.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Ramsey Solutions (Nashville, TN) in Aug 2022

Interview

Weirdest interview I've ever experienced by far. 30-minute intro call w/ sales pitch. He goes on to say the role was already filled this morning. Then gives you a 30-day free trial of one of the products.

Interview Questions
  • Do you agree with the core values of not having pre-marital s3x?...

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ramsey Solutions (Nashville, TN) in Jul 2022

Interview

Seemed very scripted. This was the recruiter portion. It was more of a get to know you. It seemed a little forced. Have to watch three videos and fill out a skills assessment before I am chosen for the next round of interviews.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 months. I interviewed at Ramsey Solutions (Nashville, TN) in Jun 2022

Interview

Lengthy, cult like, demeaning, discourages diverse opinions. You have to really buy in and drink the cool sod. Also it takes anywhere from 1-3 months just to get through interview process.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Ramsey Solutions (Nashville, TN)

Interview

1. First phone interview with their internal recruiter. 2. Take home design challenge. 3. Two rounds of zoom interview with two senior level designers each time. 4. One zoom interview with a design director 5. On-site half day interviews with 12 people in the company 6. Dinner with 2 senior leaders (and their spouses)

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Ramsey Solutions (Nashville, TN) in May 2022

Interview

There are several steps in the interview and hiring process at Ramsey Solutions. You are first interviewed over the phone and asked to speak about yourself and your qualifications. The process continues with a finance class you and your spouse are expected to take, a spousal interview dinner, etc.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Ramsey Solutions (Nashville, TN) in Apr 2022

Interview

It was a positive experience until I went to Nashville and interviewed in person. The entire process lasted six weeks, which the recruiter was up front about. I thought that was a long time, but I respected that they wanted to be intentional about the process and make sure it was a good fit. In total, I had eight phone calls/video calls with five people before I actually went to Nashville. They asked me to complete a DISC assessment, a skills assessment, and flew me out for a final session of interviews. At the time, I was excited to be moving along in the process and really felt confident I was going to land the job. So when they called me and told me 'no', I was crushed. It was devastating to have done so much and come so far only to fall short. The reason they gave, “not everyone was 100% in agreement to bring me on,” seems to be their boiler plate response. It felt disingenuous—especially since the recruiter who called to tell me was someone I’d never spoken to before. She said the recruiter I had been speaking with for the past five weeks was “out of the office” that day. I’m not sure I believe her. I also don’t know how many people needed to be in 100% agreement to bring me on—by the time this process was finished, I’d spoken with 8-10 people, and I’m not sure how many of them I would have been working with on a daily basis. The half day I spent on-site felt like a speed dating session. I was whisked from office to office (on multiple floors) every 30 minutes. It would have been easier on me, and probably easier on future candidates, if they had just kept me in one room and brought everyone else in one by one. That way I could have at least taken some notes and not felt like I was interrupting someone’s busy day. The people were nice enough, I guess. But it’s a very young, hipster culture. I sensed a lot of “we’re the cool kids” and outright arrogance from some of them. One of the higher up people I did a zoom call interview with and met again in person for a half hour actually asked me, “So what do you think this job is?” I completed the DISC assessment, but no one ever discussed the results with me, or how my results would fit (or not fit) with this role. Since it was a new position, they told me they were still putting together the skills assessment but would get it to me by the end of the week…I received it at 8pm on a Friday night. I probably spent 10-12 hours on the project and they never went over it with me. Never discussed any of the content, only a brief question about my process for completing the assignment. The first time I saw something even remotely close to a job description was when I interviewed in person. I was handed a document that looked like someone had opened Microsoft Word and just took a few minutes to write down a list. It wasn’t official, wasn’t on letter head, and used multiple abbreviations that were never spelled out. I had about 2 minutes to look over it before the girl launched into a pretty vague explanation of what this branch of the Ramsey business is—and sort of told me where this position fit with the other roles. The more I look back, the more I realize that while these people may have been well-intentioned, they had no idea what they were doing. They didn’t know what this position was or what they wanted it to be. They seemed to think it was okay to conduct themselves and their interview process this way—before they were ready. I feel really disrespected by their process. For as "intentional" as they claim to be, they strung me along for weeks for a job they hadn't fully formed yet, and didn't bother to form while they were pursuing a candidate. In the end, it really wasn't a good fit. I'm glad God put an end to this before I uprooted my whole life. I'm glad it's over and I can move on.

Interview Questions
  • So what do you think this job is? Can you tell us about a time when you messed something up? How do you handle ambiguity? What's your favorite thing you've written?
2 people found this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 169 Interviews

Ramsey Solutions Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at Ramsey Solutions as 46.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 3.15 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Marketing and Director rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Administrative Assistant and Sales roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at Ramsey Solutions takes an average of 39 days when considering 201 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Administrative Assistant had the quickest hiring process (on average 22 days), whereas Marketing roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 55 days).

Common stages of the interview process at Ramsey Solutions according to 201 Glassdoor interviews include:

Phone Interview: 28.67%