Ramsey Solutions Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Ramsey Solutions

3.1

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ramsey Solutions (Nashville, TN) in June 2020.

Interview

Application sent: June 4th
    End of process: June 18th

Coding Challenge was 3 problems. It can be written in Java, Ruby, or C# for backend. Javascript is offered for front end.

Phone Call with Recruiter: What have you been doing recently? Recent projects. Tell us a little about yourself.

Technical interview: Basic OOP questions. What is encapsulation? What is an object and a class? Inheritance vs composition. What are design patterns, can you list a few? What are some projects you have worked on recently? Procedural vs OOP. What languages are geared towards OOP and Procedural? What does your testing procedure look like? Do you do code reviews? What do you like about your current position?

Hiring leader (1-2 rounds of this)
    Onsite interview

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ramsey Solutions.

Interview

The recruiter was personable and professional, and the interview follow-up was received quickly. They recruiter was extremely transparent about the interview process and what to expect, including the hiring timeline and overall anticipated growth of Ramsey during FY2020.

Interview Questions

• One question included asking about my knowledge of Ramsey Solutions and its product offerings.   Answer Question

Sales Coordinator Interview

Interview

The job didn’t mention I would be cold calling 100+ people for quite low pay or else I wouldn’t have applied. Then, they also mentioned meeting my spouse (why?) and having dinner with another couple. I think this is very weird.

Interview Questions

• At the end of the interview process your spouse and another couple will meet for a dinner. Is this ok?   Answer Question

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ramsey Solutions (Nashville, TN) in November 2019.

Interview

Initial phone interview. Very emotionally driven questions about my relationship with debt. I was directly asked if I am a religious person and what religion I belong to which is why I am giving a negative review.

Creative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ramsey Solutions.

Interview

I have had 2 phone screener interviews with 2 different recruiters, and they both were ROUGH. They ask you questions, then type your response into their system. Then they ask you another question...and repeat. There is no conversation. I wasn’t even asked “tell me a little about yourself” I was also ghosted by both recruiters after promising to follow up with me within a week.

Interview Questions

• What are 3 things your co-workers would say about you
      What’s your greatest weakness
      Why do you want to work for Ramsey Solutioms   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Port Saint Lucie, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Ramsey Solutions (Port Saint Lucie, FL) in July 2019.

Interview

As someone who has over 20 years of experience working with people and teams I felt the young girl interviewing me was very inexperienced and fake. She spent the majority of the interview talking instead of asking questions and the couple questions she did ask were based off of her own assumptions. They are missing the mark on hiring some great people because of the inexperienced/judgmental recruiters they have in those positions. It's a shame, but based on some of these other reviews I think I dodged a bullet on this one.

Interview Questions

• Assuming she knew my strengths and what I was good at she literally said "I'm picking up on some of your strengths, but what are your weaknesses?" And in hindsight I realized she didn't really understand my strengths because she didn't give me the time of day to even explain them to her.   Answer Question

Senior Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ramsey Solutions in July 2019.

Interview

The process started with a 1 hour phone screen with a recruiter. Two weeks later I was invited to take a coding test on hackerrank.com. One week later I was invited to a technical screen with two engineers in the position I was interviewing for. One week later I was invited to interview with two engineering managers. One week later I was invited to interview with a senior leader. One week later I received a rejection email.

Interview Questions

• Do you live the principles Dave Ramsey espouses?   Answer Question
    • What do you want to do?   Answer Question
    • If I talked to someone who knows you well what would they say is your blind spot?   Answer Question
    • If I talked to someone who knows you well what would they say you bring to the table?   Answer Question
    • What is something hard you've worked on?   Answer Question

Frontend Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ramsey Solutions in June 2019.

Interview

I only went through the phone screen. It was the usual "Why do you want to work here?" and "Tell us about applications you've worked on" questions. Nothing unusual, great experience.

Office Administrator Interview

Interview

Scheduled a phone screener, they asked standard questions until they asked about the Bible. Told them I was not a Christian and didn’t receive a second interview. Would not recommend.

Interview Questions

• They read a bible passage and then asked for my feedback. In essence they were asking if I was a Christian which is definitely illegal.   Answer Question

Marketing Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ramsey Solutions.

Interview

The process is frustrating in its length and lack of communication. I've interviewed twice. The first time, I participated in three calls and after inquiring about status was told they were going with a different candidate.

Most recently, I was interrupted partway through my "about me" explanation because he wanted to know why I applied for this marketing position instead of another which was more of a generalist's job description. Without feedback on the original position, HR rep reached out to schedule a second interview for the position for which he thought I would be better suited. It was a step down in job title, but he said the salary would be in the same range. I never heard from him again up after this second interview, not even a generic HR "we're sorry to inform you" email.

Other things to know: they'll ask you what baby step you're on, to see a copy of your budget and will want to share a meal with you and your spouse. In my opinion, it's a way to find out the things they're not legally allowed to ask in interviews: relationship status, whether you have children, sexual orientation, what church you attend, etc and to guage what salary they could get away paying you instead of what your experience dictates.

They're constantly hiring marketing positions, but I would think twice before wasting time on interviews with a company that doesn't bother responding to candidates and who pries so much into your personal life and finances.