Smile Brands - A great place to work | Glassdoor

Employee Review

"A great place to work"

Current Employee - Director in Irvine, CA
Current Employee - Director in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Smile Brands full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I've worked for Smile Brands for close to 12 years. I enjoy the family atmosphere and collective focus on supporting the practices and optimal patient care. There is plenty of advancement opportunities for individuals wanting to grow professionally. The Senior management is supportive and encouraging. Dentists like the complete freedom to provide custom treatment plans based on each patients unique needs. No corporate dentistry here. The pay is in line with the responsibilities and includes bonus opportunities.

Cons

No 401 K match opportunity.

Other Employee Reviews

Other Employee Reviews

"Orthodontist"

Current Employee - Orthodontist in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Orthodontist in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Smile Brands full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Specialist autonomy
    Work-Life balance
    DSO local office management expertise, including middle and upper management
    Advanced planning of schedules to allow for expected vacation/time off, etc.
    Embrace of technology like the iTero scanner for Invisalign and other orthodontic appliances
    DSO marketing and practice management

Cons

Orthodontic assistant compensation competitiveness for long term retention of highly qualified employees
    Orthodontic team bonus structure
    Lack of a non-owner specialist provider profit sharing

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work providing "Smiles For Everyone!" and continue to Celebrate.Everyday.Miracles.
    Invest more monetarily in support team members, (orthodontic clinical assistants, ortho specialty managers/treatment coordinators, patient relationship coordinators/schedulers), through competitive starting pay, increased regular pay raises, and more straightforward and achievable bonus structures
    Formulate and implement a non-owner specialist provider profit sharing arrangement

2. "Smiles for Everyone!"

Current Employee - Dental Office Manager in Pinole, CA
    Current Employee - Dental Office Manager in Pinole, CA

I have been working at Smile Brands full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The Company's mission is to provide "Smiles for Everyone!” The focus is on creating outstanding patient/office relationships to have patients for life. In addition, we have a culture in which we celebrate everyday wins and give our teams the tools to be successful.
    We offer a full benefit package. Another benefit is having many locations with diversity in employees making our company a good place to grow and collaborate.

Cons

Being a large company, we have many processes to follow and policies in place; therefore, employees have less autonomy. However, we encourage employees to share new ideas and/or provide input.

Discover more reviews about Smile Brands.