Employee Review

Current Employee, more than 10 years

A great place to work

Aug 21, 2017 - Director in Irvine, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I've worked for Smile Brands for close to 12 years. I enjoy the family atmosphere and collective focus on supporting the practices and optimal patient care. There is plenty of advancement opportunities for individuals wanting to grow professionally. The Senior management is supportive and encouraging. Dentists like the complete freedom to provide custom treatment plans based on each patients unique needs. No corporate dentistry here. The pay is in line with the responsibilities and includes bonus opportunities.

Cons

No 401 K match opportunity.

1. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Great Culture; A Place to Grow your Career

Jun 8, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

-Collaborative culture of Smiles For Everyone -Fun events and comradery -Leadership team are great at communicating the vision -Room to grow

Cons

-Big company; sometimes slow to move and change -Old technology -No 401(k) match

Smile Brands Response

Human Resources Business Partner

We're so glad to hear that you had a positive experience working at Smile Brands! Communication is key to success and we appreciate your feedback that leadership communication is great. On that note, we hear you on your concerns about being slow to change with regards to technology and benefits. We are actively working on providing updates for office tech and surveying employees to see how we can improve our benefits offerings for the team. If you have any suggestions, please feel free to contact us at WeCare@smilebrands.com.

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

GREAT COMPANY TO WORK FOR

Apr 1, 2021 - Office Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

For me, smile brands as been a great company to work for. I am happy to say that I hope to be here for the rest of my working career. I have found that there are many pros but to list a few I would say that smile brands creates a culture of trust. When I am told something will get done, it does. When I ask a question, I get answers. This is important to have from an employee perspective. In order to have trust you have to work with great people, and that is something that I have encountered here at smile brands. In order to have this trust and the great people to work with, it has to come from above, I know I can trust my DMO and I know I can trust that my DMO will provide what I need in order to get my job done correctly. I have found that I can I have a normal work life balance and that my job does not effect my life outside of my office or my work environment. I have had all the opportunities given to me to grow and learn which is another important pro @ smile brands. Smile Brands has been a great place for me to work and to grow in my career in the dental field.

Cons

would love to switch to digital charts but other than that, nothing to complain about!

Smile Brands Response

Human Resources Business Partner

Thank you so much for your review! We are happy to have you on our management team and love that you have a trusting and communicative partnership with your DMO. We definitely hear and acknowledge you on the fact that some offices are still using paper charts. We are in process of working through this and converting offices to more updated systems. Your DMO can let you know more!

Discover more reviews about Smile Brands.