SpaceX - Better than a semester at school | Glassdoor
  1. "Better than a semester at school"

Current Intern - Intern - Hourly in Hawthorne, CA

I have been working at SpaceX for less than a year

Pros

- Comprehensive industry exposure - Real responsibilities - Future employment opportunities - Working close to production - Good pay - Inside look at Mars efforts - Living and working with other interns - Subsidized meal prices - Seeing Elon Musk in person - Free frozen yogurt

Cons

- Long hours - Steep learning curve - Some self-teaching - Little room for error - Strict deadlines - Not in a great part of LA - Free frozen yogurt

Advice to Management

Try and get a better understanding of what your employees do and do not know so that you can provide them with all of the resources that they need to become more valuable to you.

SpaceX2016-10-24
  1. "Great environment and hard working teams"

Current Employee - Avionics Technician

I have been working at SpaceX full-time for more than a year

Pros

Experience in working for various departments

Cons

Hard moving up the ladder

SpaceX2019-09-12

"Demanding job, but well worth it."

Current Employee - Production Supervisor in Hawthorne, CA

I have been working at SpaceX full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The future of this company is wide open. The possibilities are endless and to be a part of it is super exciting. I look back on the years I have been here and I only wish I got out of the Navy earlier to start here earlier. Working here is tough, but it should be. This shouldn't be an easy job and the challenges you are faced with should be difficult. You will be expected to come in everyday and give it your all... without going overboard. This is one aspect I really enjoy about working here. I am never bored and I enjoy accomplishing our goals and overcoming every challenge we are faced with. Work life balance has significantly increased. Launch days are the best day of the week.

Cons

Location. I understand why SpaceX was started here, but I would really love for us to pack up and move everything to a more open area where everything, including our testing facility is in one central location. There are some awesome open areas between LA and Vegas. Traffic is horrible. It makes it really tough to commute.

SpaceX2019-08-20

Discover more reviews about SpaceX.