SpaceX Interview Questions

Updated May 24, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 1,020 of over 1,020.0 interviews

Employee Referral11%
3.4
HardAverageEasy

Anonymous Employee in Hawthorne, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SpaceX (Hawthorne, CA)

Interview

Interviewed with SpaceX at the end of 2021. The whole process took over 2 months, went through 6 rounds of calls + had to submit summary of achievements. Each call was about 30min and some got rescheduled last minute. Overall it was a good experience, but the whole process could be much shorter. Would recommend to bring up your compensation package expectations in the later rounds, to avoid unwanted surprises.

Interview Questions
  • Lot of behavioral questions. Definitely prepare details of your accomplishments and show enthusiasm. Everyone seemed friendly and laid back.
    Answer Question

SpaceX

Application

I interviewed at SpaceX

Interview

The interview had quite a few technical questions regarding fundamental mechanical engineering principles along with some brain teaser questions. The recruiter was very quick at getting back to me. The interviewers were technical leads in their role.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

What people are saying about SpaceX

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

SpaceX

Application

I interviewed at SpaceX

Interview

The interview consisted of a 4-5 separate person interview. Basic specific job qualifying questions. Basic tour of facilities and different departments. Overall experience was good, met with different supervisor within the department and outside of the specific department. I can imagine they want to know if you’re well rounded and can be part of the team. I do remember a definite excitement and even over excitement of wanting to work there is almost required.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

SpaceX

Application

I interviewed at SpaceX

Interview

Had multiple interviews. Each interview was more technical than the last. Was a bit annoyed when I got pretty far in the process and then just received an automatic email saying they were passing.

Interview Questions
  • Previous work experience and why I did certain types of analyses

SpaceX

Application

I interviewed at SpaceX

Interview

HR interview followed by 1 hour call with engineer followed by a coding test. The coding test was pretty difficult. I did not make it passed that, but the final step would've been an onsite interview.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

SpaceX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SpaceX

Interview

Scheduled an interview and HR messaged me and cancelled 1 minute before the interview starts because the position is filled. It seems there is a lack of communication between hiring manager and HR.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

SpaceX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SpaceX

Interview

Had a technical phone interview. Interviewer asked a lot of very technical questions, although they were willing to give hints if you didnt not know how to answer. It was hard, but not impossible if you're still in college and still have lots of theory in your head

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

SpaceX

Application

I interviewed at SpaceX

Interview

Only made it to first interview. Was asked to describe in detail my research experience, but was continuously told to speed up. Despite this being an entry position, he wasn't impressed that I had no production experience and it ended there.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

SpaceX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SpaceX

Interview

Was reached out by a recruiter then had two follow up interviews that were more technical with an engineer then the hiring boss, the final interview was a presentation, process is quick and interviews are within 2 days of each other

Interview Questions
  • Describe the design differences found in making a stiff structure and a structure where the primary design goal is strength

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SpaceX (Mountain View, CA) in May 2022

Interview

I only got through 2 interviews before getting the automated reject email. First interview was with a recruiter. She had to reschedule the interview to 2 hours later literally last minute. Maybe 2 technical question, rest was just describing resume and reason for applying. Very conversational. Second interview was setup about 3 days after, same week. This one was more technical with the HR and Operations Manger. Still, as long as you prepare yourself with the STAR method it'll be fairly straight forward. Also a positive experience, and conversational. Didn't make it past this point but during second interview, I was told how the whole process will go. First interview - Recruiter Second - HR Manager Third - Home assessment Forth - On site with 4 higher level management Fifth - Director Interview Sixth - Offer if pass

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 1,020 Interviews

SpaceX Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at SpaceX as 63.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 3.39 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Manufacturing Engineer and Intern rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Mechanical Engineer and Software Engineer roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at SpaceX takes an average of 32 days when considering 1,185 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Intern had the quickest hiring process (on average 22 days), whereas Manufacturing Engineer roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 26 days).

Common stages of the interview process at SpaceX according to 1,185 Glassdoor interviews include:

Phone Interview: 29.65%