SpaceX - Liquid engine development | Glassdoor
  1. "Liquid engine development"

Current Intern - Propulsion Development Engineer in Hawthorne, CA

I have been working at SpaceX for more than a year

Pros

In general, the expectations are stressful and demanding but the work is awesome. There is no other company that parallels. You will learn a lot as an intern.

Cons

Pretty much everyone is overworked. The days are long and the work is intense. Workers are expected to be self reliant. For that reason, management sometimes is less involved. Could be a pro or a Con depending on what type of worker you are.

SpaceX2016-11-28
  1. "Great environment and hard working teams"

Current Employee - Avionics Technician

I have been working at SpaceX full-time for more than a year

Pros

Experience in working for various departments

Cons

Hard moving up the ladder

SpaceX2019-09-12

"Demanding job, but well worth it."

Current Employee - Production Supervisor in Hawthorne, CA

I have been working at SpaceX full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The future of this company is wide open. The possibilities are endless and to be a part of it is super exciting. I look back on the years I have been here and I only wish I got out of the Navy earlier to start here earlier. Working here is tough, but it should be. This shouldn't be an easy job and the challenges you are faced with should be difficult. You will be expected to come in everyday and give it your all... without going overboard. This is one aspect I really enjoy about working here. I am never bored and I enjoy accomplishing our goals and overcoming every challenge we are faced with. Work life balance has significantly increased. Launch days are the best day of the week.

Cons

Location. I understand why SpaceX was started here, but I would really love for us to pack up and move everything to a more open area where everything, including our testing facility is in one central location. There are some awesome open areas between LA and Vegas. Traffic is horrible. It makes it really tough to commute.

SpaceX2019-08-20

Discover more reviews about SpaceX.