KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great Place to Work

Dec 7, 2016 - Process Planner in Hawthorne, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Free Coffee and Yogurt all day and night.

Cons

Long working hours including weekends when required.

Continue reading
    Be the first to find this review helpful
  1. 5.0
    Former Intern

Great company and mission

Sep 23, 2022 - Intern
    Business Outlook

Pros

- People who work here are awesome - Work is satisfying and exciting

Cons

- Hours on some teams and at certain critical times can get a bit crazy

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

All Work No Play

Sep 21, 2022 - Quality Inspector in Hawthorne, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

SpaceX is a respectable, eye-catching name brand and for good reason. The product they are producing is unprecedented and they are miles above their competition. While you’re there you will develop the skills you need to succeed in the aerospace industry and build an attractive resume.

Cons

I really don’t know where to start. I had no idea what to expect but little did I know that this job would have destroyed my social life and emotional health. I’m still seeing a therapist as a result. The SpaceX standard is that overtime is mandatory not optional. You will be forced to work 10-12 hours per day, five days a week, clocking you in at 50-60 hours a week. Not only that, but management will attempt to guilt you into working a sixth day in a row on Saturdays. I was completely burnt out and couldn’t even muster the energy to do anything in my free time. With absolutely zero work/life balance I wasn’t able to see or spend time with my loved ones. The pay is embarrassingly bad and nowhere near being competitive. Thus why SpaceX employees leave to competitors for exceptional pay. They dangle a “raise” in your face for six months just to give you 19 cents. Management is atrocious. They don’t listen, but if you play the right politics, you might move up to where you want to be. I couldn’t condemn this place anymore. Stay away at all costs.

Continue reading
    4 people found this review helpful

Discover more reviews about SpaceX.

SpaceX Photos

+ Add Photo
SpaceX photo of: SpaceX employees celebrate the first-ever orbital class rocket landing
SpaceX photo of: From all the women at SpaceX who are helping to engineer the future of space exploration, happy International Women’s Day!
SpaceX photo of: CRS-11 Dragon captured by the ISS
SpaceX photo of: Falcon 9 touches down at Landing Zone 1
SpaceX photo of: SpaceX team cheers on another Dragon ready for launch!
SpaceX photo of: Falcon 9 launches from Vandenberg Air Force Base