SpaceX - SpaceX Spring Intern 2017 | Glassdoor

"SpaceX Spring Intern 2017"

Current Intern - Internship in Hawthorne, CA

I have been working at SpaceX for less than a year

Pros

You build rockets. You make history. SpaceX is one of the most high profile companies that you can work for, and there is nothing cooler than seeing all the progress that you make being talked about around the world. Saying that you're surrounded by smart people is an understatement. You are constantly challenged to be the best that you can be, and you will always have to be innovating to keep up. I've learned... so much in such a short amount of time it's amazing to think that I've only been here for a few months.

Cons

Three year anniversaries are treated like 30 year anniversaries. Highly intense work comes at the cost of high employee turnover. Prospects of moving up are also very low. You will most likely be stuck in your current job unless there is a shakeup or your superior leaves.

Advice to Management

At some point it's going to be harder to rebuild then to retain your worker base

SpaceX2017-04-14
  1. "Great environment and hard working teams"

Current Employee - Avionics Technician

I have been working at SpaceX full-time for more than a year

Pros

Experience in working for various departments

Cons

Hard moving up the ladder

SpaceX2019-09-12

"Demanding job, but well worth it."

Current Employee - Production Supervisor in Hawthorne, CA

I have been working at SpaceX full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The future of this company is wide open. The possibilities are endless and to be a part of it is super exciting. I look back on the years I have been here and I only wish I got out of the Navy earlier to start here earlier. Working here is tough, but it should be. This shouldn't be an easy job and the challenges you are faced with should be difficult. You will be expected to come in everyday and give it your all... without going overboard. This is one aspect I really enjoy about working here. I am never bored and I enjoy accomplishing our goals and overcoming every challenge we are faced with. Work life balance has significantly increased. Launch days are the best day of the week.

Cons

Location. I understand why SpaceX was started here, but I would really love for us to pack up and move everything to a more open area where everything, including our testing facility is in one central location. There are some awesome open areas between LA and Vegas. Traffic is horrible. It makes it really tough to commute.

SpaceX2019-08-20

Discover more reviews about SpaceX.