Employee Review

Current Employee, more than 3 years

Composites Department

May 25, 2017 - Composite Technician in Hawthorne, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I absolutely LOVE working at Space X. It will be almost 4 years as a Full Time Space X'er and I am living the dream of building Space Rockets. The free perks, full benefits, Space X clothing, drinks, food, stocks and everything else that Uncle Elon gives us is truly amazing, astonishing, unbelievable, mesmerizing and no words can truly explain what's it like to be part of the Space X and what we do. Thank you very much from the bottom of my Heart, Mr. Elon Musk.

Cons

There are no major cons but I wished that could have started a few years earlier.

Continue reading
    Be the first to find this review helpful
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

The biggest private space company also which tries to make space tourism real.

May 4, 2021 - Electronics Engineer in California, MD
    Business Outlook

Pros

The area of Space Technology (the area I want to work with the most) One of the biggest companies in the World that gives the ooportunity of great improvement in a great way to an engineer.

Cons

I think it is hard to be accepted to job as fresh grad engineer but I believe in myself to get over this.

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Best Company I've Ever Worked For

Apr 20, 2021 - Quality Control in Cape Canaveral, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Work hours are great, Team mentality, Everyone is not just friendly but they are personable too. Everyone is always helpful - when you new to rockets and don't know what or where to go or what your looking for - just ask someone, anyone. SpaceX stock grant is also great and they have ESP set up also for purchasing stock. SpaceX is a definitely an equal opportunity employer, they have people here whose entire head is tattoo'd, large ear lobe piercings and different nationalities. We even have a woman that was once a janitor that is now being trained to work on rockets. Training here is by far the best I have ever seen. They have online courses for everything from diversity to safety cable and hypergols. Managers & Supervisors hold monthly one on one meetings with you to make sure your doing ok and to give you advice for improving. Occasionally management holds outside events for employees ie. go-cart racing, paint ball or just hanging out after work for happy hour at a local bar-n- grill.

Cons

Wish the stocks could be vested a bit faster than they are, but heck ~ they are giving you free money to buy the stocks.

Continue reading
    3 people found this review helpful

Discover more reviews about SpaceX.