Employee Review

1. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Not a bad side job but gets boring and repetitive

Jun 4, 2017 - Remote Stitch Fix Stylist in Los Angeles, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Working from home is the best and biggest perk of this job that keeps me going. If you have another job, have children or attend school then this job can be worked around it. You can literally work at any hour of the day or night. You also don't have to deal unpleasant co-workers or a supervisor breathing down your back. It's a great position if you're self motivated and an independent worker. If you get a good lead they it will makes your job more enjoyable. I've had a couple of not so good ones and those are the times when I get the itch to leave the company.

Cons

The serious lack of inventory makes it difficult to get the job done sometimes. The merchandise is not the best quality, a lot of it is boring, over priced and nothing clients can't find at discount retailers such as Target and Old Navy. Clients will consistently tell you they can get it cheaper somewhere else so it gets frustrating having to hear it all the time. They also tend to take out their dissatisfaction on the stylists so you have to let comments roll of your back and move on. The online system used to style can go down at times which really creates an issue if you have other commitments during our day or the week. There really isn't that much room to move up in the company unless you're goal is to get into management since the majority of the positions will be out of their main office.

Continue reading
    21 people found this review helpful
  1. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great job!

May 12, 2021 - Remote Stitch Fix Stylist in Sacramento, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Work life balance, you create your own schedule with flexible hours, discount, decent pay for a completely remote position, manager really cares, lots of training so you are knowledgeable about your job.

Cons

Nothing I can think of, I enjoyed my time at Stitch Fix.

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Soul Crushing

Apr 21, 2021 - Stylist
    Business Outlook

Pros

There are no pros. What are touted as pros "remote" "flexible scheduling" or anything else is a lie. This place will make you hate your life and time here before any pros even matter.

Cons

-They truly have no inventory available. Maybe 4 shirts for an old woman and ugly dresses you've seen the past 3 years. They tell you to get creative. -They once told us they didn't order sweaters for plus size clients because these clients "run warm". They actually said that believing it was perfectly ok. -They micromanage like you are a child. They expect you to churn out fixes with no time at all but also want to know where every single minute is spent. -Their proprietary styling platform has problems daily. When you can't work they ask you to clock out and move your hours to later in the day/week. They don't care that you scheduled yourself in advance (like you were instructed to) or that any other retailer would have to pay you to be there even if their systems go down. -The employee morale is lower than it's ever been and they don't care because as far as they see clients are buying enough product to look good on books for stockholders. -The leads are robotic and have no mgmt experience. it's all a popularity contest to make it to lead. -Oh, and the lingo they use here is awful. It's like the worst tech garbage that people say so they fit in with the "culture".

Continue reading
    13 people found this review helpful

Discover more reviews about Stitch Fix.