Stitch Fix Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Stitch Fix Interview Questions

Updated Feb 15, 2018

2.6

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Stitch Fix (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

I applied in November of 2017 and received an email inviting me to interview in early December about 2 weeks later. I needed to reschedule my original interview date the day of due to an unforeseen circumstance. I received a new invite to interview a week or so later and scheduled my interview for early January 2018. I was asked to prepare a style board on Pinterest for a sample client that included 5 pieces (4 of which were clothing). I also was asked to bring a lap top to my interview to use to present my Pinterest board. I arrived about 30 min early to my interview- mostly because I wasn't sure how long it would take to find parking and get to the interview location. The Lead Stylist brought to the interview space about 10 min before my scheduled time and I was asked to sign a confidentiality agreement due to the possibility that they would disclose proprietary information. They also asked me to write a short note for the client that I styled. We then moved into a separate conference room and started the interview. It was very casual and really was more of a conversation than an actual interview. They asked me 4-5 questions and then they asked me to explain how I would style three pieces that they had hanging. Finally, they asked me to present my Pinterest board and note for the client. I was able to explain my rationale to why I picked each piece. They gave me feedback about my board and note, which was helpful. The final question was if there was anything I wanted to make sure that they knew about me, which is a favorite question when I interview in my full time life. I used the time to recap why I would be a good fit and emphasized that I would love the opportunity to be on the styling team.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any travel plans during the next 3-5 months that would prevent you from being able to work 15 hours per week?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Stitch Fix (Minneapolis, MN) in February 2018.

Interview

Submitted my resume and application and within a couple days received an email reporting that they would like to schedule an interview but the process can take several months. If I was not ok with this, to notify them. Within a couple more days I received an invitation to schedule an interview and was given a "fix" to style.

easy to work with and very laid back and comfortable feel.

Interview Questions

• select items were provided and I was asked how I would style them   1 Answer

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stitch Fix.

Interview

Applied online. Received email setting up interview. Downloaded blue jeans which was an overall poor and difficult application to use. Had a series of interviewers set up to interview me - one of which decided day of the interview they didn't want to do the interview. Interviews that I had were with people who were obviously not paying attention and distracted (typing, eyes wandering, etc). Very unprofessional experience. They were nice and overall smart though!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stitch Fix (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

I Went to the office met with two ladies who I thought were very interested in hiring me but did not get offered the position. They asked me how I would style a couple garments and asked questions about my presentation.

Remote Stitch Fix Stylist Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Stitch Fix (San Francisco, CA) in January 2018.

Interview

Applied online in December and got an email a few days later letting me know that they wanted a face to face interview. The scheduling took about a month. Once I confirmed a time, they asked me to prepare a secret Pinterest board with items that I would send to a fictitious client. They also send me a profile of the client to work with. I was asked to pin 4 apparel items plus one accessory. Once I checked in to the office, I was asked to write the client a note as if I was sending her the items I picked.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you received feedback (good or bad) and how you handled it.   1 Answer
    • There was a "live" styling session before I presented my board. They brought in 3 pieces and handed me a card with their categories. I was asked how I would style each piece and who would i send it to.   1 Answer
    • Asked for an example of how I have gone above and beyond in customer service.   1 Answer

Remote Stylist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Stitch Fix (Austin, TX) in January 2018.

Interview

I was initially very excited about this interview. I arrived early & was ignored. After I inquired, the receptionist sent someone over. I was told they had somehow forgotten about my interview & informed me that they'd most likely reschedule. I politely informed them that I had rented a car and driven hours for the interview.

Two women interviewed me. One was very nice, and complimentary of my answers and experience (degree directly related to the position and yrs of direct experience) the other woman rude, condescending and rushed through the interview as it was, in her words, "the end of her work day." This made the interview awkward and unfulfilling.

I strongly urge you to review your hiring and interview process, as I have well over 10 years of direct experience in this industry, yet I was not offered a position.

In spite of my degree, and years of experience in this industry, I received a rejection letter. My experience at your office causes me to question your company's culture and hiring practice. To be honest, the way I was treated from the moment and walked through your doors, and the absence of anyone else in the building that looked like me tells me everything I need to know about your company.

Interview Questions

• We didn't realize we had you down for an interview today. Could we reschedule?   1 Answer

Remote Stitch Fix Stylist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

Interview

You’ll immediately type up your message to your hypothetical client then go into an interview room to discuss outfit options they show you so know what body type should and shouldn’t wear certain types of clothes. And how to play up one piece to make it look classic, edgy, etc.

Interview Questions

• They never asked strengths/weaknesses type questions.   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Stitch Fix.

Interview

I interviewed with Stitch Fix in 2017. Twice. The first time around I received a phone call that led to a video conferencing interview over BlueJeans. The interviewer was distracted the entire time, and continually asked me follow up questions that I had literally just answered. I didn't feel like I was being listened to at all. I thought to myself, no biggie. I met a few developers at RailsConf and thought they were really nice. Let's give the next round a shot.

The next "product" round was possibly the most awkward interview experience of my life. The interviewer had no idea how to propose their "thought experiment" in a way that lead to any meaningful conversation. I'm talking something that was a seriously easy problem to solve, and yet it was impossible to have a dialogue with this person.

In the end, I was offered a position over the phone in the San Francisco office which I declined.

Next interview...

I did not reapply. A recruiter at Stitch Fix reached out to me and asked if I was still interested in working remotely for Stitch Fix. I hesitantly said that I would entertain the idea, and we scheduled another interview using BlueJeans.

I attend the next meeting, and the interviewer was not told that I had already interviewed with the company. He was nice and actually listened, but he was completely thrown when I told him I had already gone through the process as answer to "What do you know about Stitch Fix?" He never really got back on track after getting blindsighted by this, and eventually we just talked about testing strategies that we'ved tried to use for service oriented design.

I end up moving onto the next stage: completing a homework assignment. I spun up a private repo, made three pull-requests to build the features discussed in the assignments, and merged them as I went through.

Ten days later, I get an email saying the reviewer of my homework assignment thought it was hard to review my git diffs (despite making three feature branches, squashing commits, and using pull-requests), and that unfortunately I wasn't a good fit. So yeah. There you go.

Normally I'd say take these reviews with a grain of salt, but I've read a few others that are spot on and I have a close personal friend who also interviewed with Stitch Fix after RailsConf and had a similar experience.

Honestly, you're better off.

Warehouse Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Stitch Fix (Dallas, TX) in December 2017.

Interview

The interview went pretty fast, they asked some good questions so be prepared for that. I had a interview for 1pm I was right on time when arriving but I was a little confused because I did not see a sign that said Stitch Fix lol. Anyways , I walked in receptionist told me where to go sit and wait, and she checked me in. I walked in room where there were two other people waitng to be interviewd. I waitied five minutes maybe and then a lady walked in and called my name. We walked inside this big conference room where I met another person waiting to interview me. I was interviewed by two people.

Interview Questions

• What does responsibilty mean to you?
      Tell me about yourself.
      Why do you want to work here?
      What motivates you?
      I cant remember all ..   Answer Question

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Stitch Fix (San Francisco, CA) in December 2017.

Interview

I had a video interview with two people from the team. They didn't have any enthusiasm or excitement, which felt really uncomfortable. I was offered the job at a certain rate, accepted it, then they came back and said management had already cut the budget for my position by 8%! Needless to say, I did not accept the job.