Stitch Fix Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Stitch Fix Interview Questions

Updated Jun 16, 2018

2.7

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stitch Fix.

Interview

The interview was very quick and only done once. Was hired in less than a few hours. First they brought you in with two people waiting for you. Those two people asked questions about your past experiences and what you have done in the past year of working for your last employer. Overall it was a quick process and not that difficult.

Stylist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Stitch Fix (Pittsburgh, PA) in June 2018.

Interview

I interviewed at the Pittsburgh office in June of 2018. As mentioned in most of the other reviews, you are asked to arrange a Pinterest board for a hypothetical client. The interview lasts about an hour- you arrive, write a note to client x, and then you’ll interview with two lead stylists. I did notice that one of the interviewers came out and spoke to another applicant that she seemed to know already. She gave her a hug and said, ‘Don’t worry- you’ll be fine.’ I felt that was a tad odd, or at least the optics of potential nepotism seemed somewhat unprofessional.

Frankly, I thought I had had a great interview. The styling session was challenging, but I felt I was able to showcase my competency and my eye for fashion, as well as emphasize the importance of fit.

The hypothetical client was someone who was self conscious about their large chest and tummy after having a baby. I indicated that I didn’t want the client to feel like my choices for her stemmed primarily from the desire to disguise her problem areas, but that I wanted to find clothes that fit and flattered her. That sentiment was met with a fair amount of silence. I got the impression that they aren’t looking to hire fashion risk-takers, as this leads to more return items. A bit of a safe vibe.

I was really disappointed to receive a vague email three days later saying I did not get the position. It said to not apply for another six months so that I can ‘hone my skills.’ Whereas I would be happy to work on my ability to style different body types, I don’t believe that applying again would yield a different result. My impression is that this was more of a philosophical difference than anything. I received my first ‘fix’ in the mail a few days later and sent all of the items back, but it did give me solace that the company tends to err more on the side of ‘safe’ choices. And that’s ok. It’s just not for me, and I wasn’t for them.

The end.

Anyway, it is quite possible that I have a blind spot to some idiosyncrasy of my own, but I’ve never felt so good about an interview and not gotten the position.

Interview Questions

• [during the live styling session] What body type would you NOT put this item on?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Stitch Fix.

Interview

The first step of the process was a phone interview over Bluejeans. This interview was pretty laid back and was just to get an idea of what project you've done and interests as far as coding goes. There were some strangely open ended general questions as to how you approach problems but nothing crazy.

About a week later I was contacted with the homework assignment. I'm not a fan of companies giving a homework assignment as part of the interview process as it is unpaid work. The project is very open ended and general. I spent most my time on the backend of the project (Not a front-end developer). To be honest I didn't write specs for everything. I wrote specs for my code alone which should give the reviewers a good idea of how I write test code. The specs did reach 100% code coverage when run altogether but if certain individual files were run those files may have not reached 100%.

The only real complaint is the feedback about the project. The first comment was geared towards the front-end which was a very trivial issue such as displaying a little more info on one of the pages. The second was geared towards my specs which is completely fair. However I would rather feedback based on my merits (design patterns chosen, refactors made etc).

Remote Stylist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stitch Fix.

Interview

Interview was great! The women are very personable and easy to talk to. They ask you how you manage your time, what your day to day is like and you do a quick styling session. Plus they get back to you quickly!

Interview Questions

• What would you do if something unexpected happens such as you lose internet?   Answer Question

Warehouse Interview

Interview

The interview process was not very long. After meeting with a couple of managers they hired me. It was a low impact interview process. I felt safe during the process.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Remote, OR

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Stitch Fix (Remote, OR) in May 2018.

Interview

First interview was a non-technical phone screen in which background and culture was discussed. Interviewer was professional and pleasant. Second interview was a take home project. This project was reasonably, but lengthy. For me it came at a time when I was swamped with (paying) work, so I didn't give it as much attention as they clearly wanted. They were looking for specific things, which were all reasonable and if I had spent more time on it I probably would have implemented. I was quite pleased with the communication process, my contact always got back to me within 2 weeks and provided clear feedback as to why I wasn't offered a position.

Client Experience Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Stitch Fix (Austin, TX) in May 2018.

Interview

I applied online and received an email a few days later asking to do a phone interview. The phone interview was pretty basic and was mainly them giving me information. After that, I was asked to come in for a 1-2 hour interview. In this interview, I shadowed someone for 30 minutes and met with two people for about an hour. In that, I listened to a phone call that I had to analyze and then responded to a hypothetical email. All in all, pretty easy!

Interview Questions

• What's a piece of feedback you received and how did you react?   Answer Question

Warehouse Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Stitch Fix (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Upon walking in, I was directed into a waiting room that had a projector on with a PowerPoint of facts and info on StitchFix. It's actually pretty helpful as it advises of the company used for insurance and the different departments.
    Shortly after, I was brought in for an interview. I was asked to bring in two copies of my resume, which weren't used as the woman pulled up my resume on her laptop. She was a bit scattered, but I could tell she hadn't been doing the interviewing process for long (I've been there, I understand!)
    After a few questions and asking her of what they expected and the environment, she ran through the main points for stitch fix as the company. It was a more casual interview, but very open.

Interview Questions

• General question of work history.   Answer Question
    • Why did you want to apply and work with Stitch Fix?   1 Answer
    • Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Stitch Fix.

Interview

I was asked to write a sample note and was given info about the company. Then I live styled a Fix given some challenges by the leads doing the interview.

Interview Questions

• How would you style a client who requested a piece that would not be flattering on her body type?   1 Answer

Outbound Order Picker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Stitch Fix (Dallas, TX) in April 2018.

Interview

The process as a whole was gigantically great. It was filled with immensely great personality and the young lady told me she hadn't been there as long as some of the others but she is in love with the company. As far as I can tell so am I. The benefits are great as that's what I really needed and the laid back but hard working atmosphere was just wonderful to hear as I too love to enjoy my job, not just be another employee.

Interview Questions

• This company thrives on personality and hard work and sometimes things may get stressful but that where we come in. Will you tell me of a time where a situation got that way and you had to press on? What did you do and how did it turn out?   Answer Question