Stitch Fix Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Stitch Fix Interview Questions

Updated Sep 21, 2018

2.6

Community Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Stitch Fix.

Interview

Short. The phone screener didn't know what she was talking about. The first thing she said was "I'm gonna have you walk me through your resume..." followed by an awkward pause. It was hard to tell if it was a question to answer, or if she was going to follow up with a specific question. It was awful and uncomfortable!

Interview Questions

• Sometimes, people are less than thrilled. How would you deal with that in an online community setting?   Answer Question

Associate Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Stitch Fix (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

I applied for a position at Stitch Fix and was contacted by the hiring manager almost more than a month later. After the phone screen I was contacted a week later by a recruiter who set up the in-person interview (two weeks later). I was a bit surprised when I found out that the interview was going to be four plus hours... I understand that finding the right fit for the team is important, but this seemed excessive. I had to complete a project (took the weekend to complete) prior to my interview that I was to present to a panel the day of. On the day of the interview I was given an hour to analyze the business for the office that I was applying for and add recommendations to my project. I am an experienced merchant and this still wasn't enough time to form solid conclusions when you are not familiar with their dashboard and forms of reporting. I presented my project to a conference room of people who then proceeded with a panel interview. After that I had two one on one interviews.

The process was very uncomfortable and stressful. There were times that I felt that the interviewers were looking down on my experience and the companies that I had worked for, which should not be indicative of my talent and skill. Overall, I felt as though I was being judged and just set up to fail, which was very disappointing as I had really wanted to work for the company for some time.

Interview Questions

• Interview questions about current role and previous work experience.   Answer Question

Associate Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Stitch Fix (San Francisco, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Phone call with the recruiter, then another phone call with the Director of Buying, then 3 back to back hour long in person interviews with buyers/members of the team. Mine was via video chat because I was out of state.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Stitch Fix in May 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by the recruiter and had the same unpleasant experience as described by the previous interview candidate on Apr 23, 2016. Can't say any better. I read the review before proceeding, but didn't take it seriously. Time wasted as a result. Super rude and unprofessional.

Jul 21, 2016 – Director of Talent

Sorry to hear you didn't have a pleasant experience. We're always trying to understand feedback from candidates so we can improve our process. If you have any specifics would love to hear them. You... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stitch Fix (San Francisco, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

I had a phone screen with one of the Senior Engineers at the company. They asked straightforward questions, and were polite and professional. The questions were not too technical but more broad with respect to experience using different technologies.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience writing and working with tests?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Stitch Fix (San Francisco, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

First, they have a recruiter talk to you, it is a pretty quick and informal call. I don't think I actually spoke with anyone on the team I was interviewing for. Before you come onsite you have the option of doing a coding exercise over the phone or doing a "take home project". I opted for the take home project.

Interview Questions

• Write a simple mobile app that consumes RESTFUL JSON api.   1 Answer

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Stitch Fix (San Francisco, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

The interview process was challenging but overall good. The first round was a phone interview with the Accounting Manager. I was asked about my general qualifications and an overview of my resume. Shortly after that I was asked to come in for an in-person interview. At the beginning of my interview I was surprised with a pop quiz that had two word problems. I had 5 minutes to read it and complete the journal entries. Once that was completed I met with 4 members of the team for 30 minutes each. Again we went over my general qualifications and they got a feeling for my personality. The next day I was asked to come in for the final in-person interview but before I came in, I needed to complete a homework assignment and submit it to the Accounting Manager for review. When I came in for the final interview, I met with the Accounting Manager and we went over the submitted assignment. After that, I met with 3-4 members on the Accounting team for about 30 minutes each. About an hour after I left the final interview, I got a call with a verbal offer! The overall experience was challenging but so wonderful! Everyone was so welcoming and friendly, I couldn't have been more satisfied with how the interview process went!

Interview Questions

• Have you ever been faced with a challenging work environment or coworker? How did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Client Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stitch Fix (Austin, TX).

Interview

Pretty easy and straight forward. First was a phone interview/screening. Had to wait maybe 2-3 days and got back with an answer for them wanting me to do a in person interview. Went in, first 15 minutes was shadowing a CSA and then after that, they had me type out a mock response. After that, a full hour interview with 2 of the client leads. Took maybe a week and a half to get a response on when I would hear back.

Interview Questions

• How did you deal with someone who had a different opinion from you?   Answer Question

Client Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Stitch Fix (Austin, TX).

Interview

The entire process (from me applying online to accepting the job offer) took three days.
    I first received an email, asking me about my availability for a phone interview. The phone interview took about 20 minutes, and the interviewer asked simple questions about my previous experience. At the end of the call, she told me to expect an email to schedule for an in-person interview at their office in Austin.

The following day, I went to their downtown office and was given a tour by a fellow CSA. I then shadowed this person for about half-an-hour, which gave me insight on how to perform the job. I was then given a prompt and asked to write a response to a service experience issue.
    After I was finished, I then met with two interviewers. They covered my background, and gave me different scenarios of how I would approach and solve a problem in the workplace.

In all, it was a very easy interview.

I received a phone call within two hours with the job offer.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you disagreed with new policies set forth by your workplace? How did you handle the disagreement?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation; the offer was firm.

Jul 21, 2016 – Director of Talent

Awesome! Welcome to the team!

Client Services Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Stitch Fix (Austin, TX) in January 2016.

Interview

I was invited to a phone interview just a couple of days after submitting my resume. The phone interview was a piece of cake. However, the in-person interview (Which was about a week after the phone interview) was one of the most awkward interview experiences I've ever had. The first half was actually about 30 minutes of shadowing one of their current CSA's, and that was great. The second half was an interview with two of their managers. They asked extremely basic, "canned" questions that didn't seem particularly relevant to the position, and there was an awkward 1-2 minute pause after every answer I gave so that they could write it down. If they seriously can't remember which interviewees had good answers, then maybe they should consider recording them. I also found that they weren't conversational at all, like there wasn't a natural flow to the interview and neither of the interviewers were very warm people. There was a bit of an aloofness with both of them. I think they were too focused on the "right" answers, rather than considering me based on my presence, personality, and solid experience. I ended up finding a position that I love with another company, so I'm actually glad I didn't get this job! Just a warning that the interview process at Stitch Fix was very weird. I've found, over years of experience, that the best interviews I've ever had were more like really great conversations, rather than robotic Q&A's.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time that you disagreed with your supervisor and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Jul 21, 2016 – Director of Talent

Thanks for your feedback on your interview experience. We'll be sure to bring this up with the Austin team as something to watch for as we are always striving to improve our candidate interview... More