Stitch Fix Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Stitch Fix Interview Questions

Interviews at Stitch Fix

2.7

Community Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Stitch Fix.

Interview

Short. The phone screener didn't know what she was talking about. The first thing she said was "I'm gonna have you walk me through your resume..." followed by an awkward pause. It was hard to tell if it was a question to answer, or if she was going to follow up with a specific question. It was awful and uncomfortable!

Interview Questions

• Sometimes, people are less than thrilled. How would you deal with that in an online community setting?   1 Answer

Planning Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Stitch Fix (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

2 month long process. You will have a phone screen with hiring manager, onsite interview (or video interview if you are not in the Bay area) with 2-3 people, a take home project that takes a week to complete, and then another onsite interview with 4 people 1:1 and lunch with 4 people. Waited a week or more to hear back after each step. Took much longer than expected.

Interview Questions

• Rate your excel skills   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time you noticed errors in your data and how did you solve it   1 Answer

Associate Buyer Interview

Application

Interview

I applied for a position at Stitch Fix and was contacted by the hiring manager almost more than a month later. After the phone screen I was contacted a week later by a recruiter who set up the in-person interview (two weeks later). I was a bit surprised when I found out that the interview was going to be four plus hours... I understand that finding the right fit for the team is important, but this seemed excessive. I had to complete a project (took the weekend to complete) prior to my interview that I was to present to a panel the day of. On the day of the interview I was given an hour to analyze the business for the office that I was applying for and add recommendations to my project. I am an experienced merchant and this still wasn't enough time to form solid conclusions when you are not familiar with their dashboard and forms of reporting. I presented my project to a conference room of people who then proceeded with a panel interview. After that I had two one on one interviews.

The process was very uncomfortable and stressful. There were times that I felt that the interviewers were looking down on my experience and the companies that I had worked for, which should not be indicative of my talent and skill. Overall, I felt as though I was being judged and just set up to fail, which was very disappointing as I had really wanted to work for the company for some time.

Interview Questions

• Interview questions about current role and previous work experience.   1 Answer

Associate Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Stitch Fix (San Francisco, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Phone call with the recruiter, then another phone call with the Director of Buying, then 3 back to back hour long in person interviews with buyers/members of the team. Mine was via video chat because I was out of state.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with stress?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time when you had to deal with ambiguity.   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time when you received negative feedback.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Stitch Fix in May 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by the recruiter and had the same unpleasant experience as described by the previous interview candidate on Apr 23, 2016. Can't say any better. I read the review before proceeding, but didn't take it seriously. Time wasted as a result. Super rude and unprofessional.

Stitch Fix Response

Jul 21, 2016 – Director of Talent

Sorry to hear you didn't have a pleasant experience. We're always trying to understand feedback from candidates so we can improve our process. If you have any specifics would love to hear them. You... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stitch Fix (San Francisco, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

I had a phone screen with one of the Senior Engineers at the company. They asked straightforward questions, and were polite and professional. The questions were not too technical but more broad with respect to experience using different technologies.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience writing and working with tests?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Stitch Fix (San Francisco, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

First, they have a recruiter talk to you, it is a pretty quick and informal call. I don't think I actually spoke with anyone on the team I was interviewing for. Before you come onsite you have the option of doing a coding exercise over the phone or doing a "take home project". I opted for the take home project.

Interview Questions

• Write a simple mobile app that consumes RESTFUL JSON api.   2 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Stitch Fix.

Interview

The first step of the process was a phone interview over Bluejeans. This interview was pretty laid back and was just to get an idea of what project you've done and interests as far as coding goes. There were some strangely open ended general questions as to how you approach problems but nothing crazy.

About a week later I was contacted with the homework assignment. I'm not a fan of companies giving a homework assignment as part of the interview process as it is unpaid work. The project is very open ended and general. I spent most my time on the backend of the project (Not a front-end developer). To be honest I didn't write specs for everything. I wrote specs for my code alone which should give the reviewers a good idea of how I write test code. The specs did reach 100% code coverage when run altogether but if certain individual files were run those files may have not reached 100%.

The only real complaint is the feedback about the project. The first comment was geared towards the front-end which was a very trivial issue such as displaying a little more info on one of the pages. The second was geared towards my specs which is completely fair. However I would rather feedback based on my merits (design patterns chosen, refactors made etc).

Interview Questions

• Nothing out of the ordinary   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Remote, OR

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Stitch Fix (Remote, OR) in May 2018.

Interview

First interview was a non-technical phone screen in which background and culture was discussed. Interviewer was professional and pleasant. Second interview was a take home project. This project was reasonably, but lengthy. For me it came at a time when I was swamped with (paying) work, so I didn't give it as much attention as they clearly wanted. They were looking for specific things, which were all reasonable and if I had spent more time on it I probably would have implemented. I was quite pleased with the communication process, my contact always got back to me within 2 weeks and provided clear feedback as to why I wasn't offered a position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about you experience   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Stitch Fix.

Interview

Short video chat with manager about myself, the role and company. Followed by a take home feature request for a web app. Followed by pairing with an engineer.