Stitch Fix - Remote Stylist | Glassdoor

Employee Review

"Remote Stylist"

Current Employee - Remote Stitch Fix Stylist in Austin, TX
Current Employee - Remote Stitch Fix Stylist in Austin, TX

I have been working at Stitch Fix part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexible, easy, professional development if you are looking to grow within the company. They are always hiring stylist and have high turnover so if you like it then you have job security.

Cons

Must work at least 15 hours a week. If you work full time, it can be hard to do 15 additional hours every week of part time work. Available inventory affects the enjoyment and ease of the job. Stylists start at $14 an hour and goes to $15 after a year.

Advice to Management

Lower minimum Styling expectation be 10 hours so more people who are underpaid at full-time jobs can Style.

Other Employee Reviews

Other Employee Reviews

"Client Experience Agent"

I have been working at Stitch Fix full-time

Pros

Really friendly, great perks, good pay for what the job is

Cons

Can be monotonous at times

"Remote Stylist"

I worked at Stitch Fix part-time (More than a year)

Pros

The extra cash was great, job was easy and fun

Cons

15 hours a week minimum was sometimes difficult as an extra job. Balancing family life as well as a full time job at the same time was possible but no fun. I applied for a leadership position (sevearal times)and was encouraged by my supervisor. Most recently, the interview process was 3 months long with a total of 8 in-person and virtual interviews for a position I basically do full time and meet all qualifications. I was not given an offer and was given no explanation as to why.

Advice to Management

For a business that "values feedback" you really should start giving constructive feedback instead of vague, generic, template-style emails to prospective leaders. The interview process is horrible, is it really worth anyone's valuable time to drag this process on for 3+ months, having a candidate (and former employee) interview with the same level field supervisors(whom said candidate has already met, interviewed with in the past and directly worked under) just to be asked the exact same, generic interview questions over and over? The email with the phrase "we don't see you as the perfect fit" was insulting further validated the fact that the entire process was a waste of time.

Discover more reviews about Stitch Fix.