Employee Review

Current Employee, more than 3 years

Amazing Company

Oct 14, 2020 - Inventory Buyer in Kalamazoo, MI
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great pay and benefits. The job you do impacts everyday lives in a positive way

Cons

stressful, not much career development

Continue reading
    Be the first to find this review helpful
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great Internship

May 17, 2021 - Regulatory Affairs Intern in Cary, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great team with excellent commitment to bettering healthcare

Cons

I have yet to find a con with working

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 2.0
    Former Employee

Like joining a cult

Apr 9, 2021 - R&D Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Having Stryker on your CV can help you get a higher salary and better work conditions at another company. I did work with some great people, although most of them burned out and left (careerists/politicians tend to get most of the promotions, not the people who actually do their job well). I did gain a lot of experience and I learned a lot there, but it came at a price (salary and health).

Cons

Cult-like atmosphere, which I attribute to the Gallup personality test (yes, you need to pass a personality test to work there!). The reason for all of the high ratings is they hire a large proportion of new grads who don’t know it can be different and are easier to brainwash. Everyone always smiles and talks about how “great” it is at the “Stryker family”, and seem oblivious to the toxic management, cutthroat environment, poor work-life balance, and below average pay (after working there almost 4 years with no advancement prospects, a local company recruited me with a 60% pay raise and title bump, and then promoted me again one year later... if only I had known my worth earlier!). Managers manipulate their employees to sacrifice their health and personal life for project, telling them how “lucky” they are to be there... oh, and you better be there for happy hour, or you’ll quickly become an outcast. So in retrospect, it really feels like I left a cult.

10 people found this review helpful

Discover more reviews about Stryker.