Stryker Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.4

1. Featured Interview

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Stryker (Dallas, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

After having submitted my application online a month prior, I received an email from the recruiter wanting to set up a phone screen/interview. This first interview ran about 15 minutes and included a mini Gallup interview and just some general questions about my resume. It was a pleasant experience and she even included information on target salary and benefits for the role. At the end of our conversation, I was told that she would like to schedule me to speak with the hiring manager soon and we agreed on a date and time.

My next phone interview with the hiring manager was a couple of days later. I again spoke about the experiences on my resume and the position was described to me in more detail. This lasted about 15 minutes as well. Later that evening, I received an e-mail to schedule the formal Gallup test.

I completed the Gallup test a few days later. It lasted about an hour. It was pretty straightforward; I did not feign any of my responses in terms of my personality. At times I feared my honest responses might eliminate me based on my type A personality and introverted nature. A day after i completed the Gallup, I received an e-mail and call from the recruiter to schedule the on-site interview.

The on-site interview consisted of 8 30-minute interviews with a large gamut of people. I thought i would feel drained throughout the day, but honestly the time flew bye. Everyone I spoke with was my kind of person: direct, perceptive, and amicable. Throughout my experience, I got a real family sense among the employees and an excitedness to be working at Stryker despite some environmental stressors. I was presented with an excellent offer three days after my interview!

Sales Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Stryker.

Interview

Had to reschedule phone screen twice. Each time the recruiter was tied up and did not bother to communicate that until I reached out through email to see what was the deal.

Onsite Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stryker (Kansas City, MO).

Interview

be patient throughout the process, communicate with them weekly to stay in the loop, be yourself and stay positive, process is long but the position is worth it in the long run

Onsite Specialist Interview

Application

The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Stryker.

Interview

The interviewing process was very quick. Phone interview followed by an in person interview with a regional manager followed by a phone interview with another regional manager followed by the Gallup pole all in four days. The waiting process after took a few weeks but you have to be persistent and follow up with everyone you have talked to weekly. They want to know that you have a deep desire to get this gig. Make sure you show off as well. Highlight your accomplishments especially if they are sales goal oriented. Be persistent.

Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stryker (San Jose, CA).

Interview

Apply via online within one month got the email from HR and schedule a phone interview. During the phone interview, I was introducing myself, my experience, and education. Few question about my programming experience. I eventually got rejected due to visa status.

ASR - Surgical Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Stryker.

Interview

Interview process was long and rigorous - they make sure of who they hire. Starts with phone interview, moves to series of in-person, a Gallup assessment, ultimately ending in a ride along with a rep (all dependent on making it past the first step)

Production Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Stryker (New York, NY).

Interview

Began with a phone screen with the hiring manager, then moved to another phone interview with the unit manager, Gallup interview, then an on site visit with multiple interviews. The interviews flowed well; no longer than 30 minutes each minus the Gallup interview which was 90 minutes. The recruiting managers and interviewers were all well organized.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Stryker.

Interview

The interview was different than any other I have had. I was briefly asked to summarize my background but I wasn't asked any questions about it. Instead I was given a series of rapid fire personality questions. After this, the interviewer explained the job and benefits. Unfortunately, for the work that they are looking for project managers to perform they do not offer appropriate compensation so I ended up turning down the invitation for a second interview. They explained that they are looking for someone who takes their work home with them and is willing to work up to 70-75 hours a week. They also want the project manager to be willing to drive over a territory covering a few hundred miles in their personal car. They offer no compensation for work over 40 hours even though they expect far more.

Additionally, the job title is misleading. A project, by definition, is a one-time and temporary effort resulting in a unique product or service. Stryker's project managers travel around to different medical facilities overseeing the installation of their suite of medical devices. In this case, the development of the medical device suite would have been a project but the constant installation process falls under operations. A more appropriate title for this work would be installation operations coordinator rather than project manager.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Stryker (Tulsa, OK) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied online and was invited for a phone call with a company recruiter the next day. I scheduled for the call about a week later and the recruiter called me promptly on time. I tried to be cheerful and excited but she was not receptive. It was a scripted interview with a question about my work experience then some personality questions. She didn't leave any room after I'd answer one question to ask me the next. She also did not answer my questions I had for her very well. She was extremely short in her answers and didn't really give me full information about the job.

Interview Questions

• Why I want a career in sales, some feedback I've gotten from bosses or employers, how I'm improving on that feedback, my two biggest achievements   Answer Question

Digital Communications Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stryker in April 2017.

Interview

Phone screen with HR. Phone screen with hiring manger. Gallup Interview
    I was not impressed. I think they may be looking for millennials. I did not appreciate being asked my age and race. I don't care if it was for classification purposes. If that was truly the case, they should have asked about Veteran and Disability Status. HR said that the interview would be specific to the job and that different skills or answers would be suited for certain jobs and hiring managers. However, Gallup said that they look for a certain type of person for all jobs. If you're ruled out, you're ruled out for everything.

Interview Questions

• Before setting up the interview, I was asked: How old are you? What is your race?
      During the Gallup Interview: Do you like working? Do you honor your commitments? How much do you agree with this statement: Sometimes you have to lay the law down? How much do you work? Are you persuasive? Do people come to you with problems?
      1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stryker in April 2017.

Interview

Phone interview. It was about 20 minutes. I spoke to the recruiter. She asked great questions. Some I was a little thrown off by but overall good experience. She went into detail about the job description and answered all my questions.

Interview Questions

• On a scale of 1-10 how important is winning to you?   1 Answer