Stryker Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.3

1. Featured Interview

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Stryker (Dallas, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

After having submitted my application online a month prior, I received an email from the recruiter wanting to set up a phone screen/interview. This first interview ran about 15 minutes and included a mini Gallup interview and just some general questions about my resume. It was a pleasant experience and she even included information on target salary and benefits for the role. At the end of our conversation, I was told that she would like to schedule me to speak with the hiring manager soon and we agreed on a date and time.

My next phone interview with the hiring manager was a couple of days later. I again spoke about the experiences on my resume and the position was described to me in more detail. This lasted about 15 minutes as well. Later that evening, I received an e-mail to schedule the formal Gallup test.

I completed the Gallup test a few days later. It lasted about an hour. It was pretty straightforward; I did not feign any of my responses in terms of my personality. At times I feared my honest responses might eliminate me based on my type A personality and introverted nature. A day after i completed the Gallup, I received an e-mail and call from the recruiter to schedule the on-site interview.

The on-site interview consisted of 8 30-minute interviews with a large gamut of people. I thought i would feel drained throughout the day, but honestly the time flew bye. Everyone I spoke with was my kind of person: direct, perceptive, and amicable. Throughout my experience, I got a real family sense among the employees and an excitedness to be working at Stryker despite some environmental stressors. I was presented with an excellent offer three days after my interview!

Process Quality Engineer Interview

Interview

I am still currently in the process of being interviewed for the role, but my first interview was with HR. It was very personality/behavior-based, in addition to a few of the typical "What interests you about the company/role?" and "tell me more about this area of your resume..." types of questions.
    I had a few questions asked where I was asked to rate myself on a scale of 1-10 for a particular personality trait, and the rest were more open ended and I could choose to (or in some cases I was asked to) elaborate on a particular answer if I wanted.

Interview Questions

• On a scale of 1-10, how competitive are you? How organized? How creative?   Answer Question
    • After a job is done, do you ever feel like you could have done better?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you went above and beyond.   Answer Question

RISE Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Stryker.

Interview

Very polite and friendly contacts, had two phone interviews each lasting around half an hour. Interview addressed resume and behavioral situations as well as a few general engineering multiple choice questions.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Stryker.

Interview

- Applied to job online
    - Recruiter from Stryker called 1 week later and did a short interview on the phone then scheduled a face to face interview with the hiring manager
    -Did a face to face interview with hiring manager the next week and was asked to take the Gallup Interview
    - I have taken the Gallup interview, but have not been contacted by Stryker to let me know what the results were

Interview Questions

• Have you ever faced adversity? Explain.
      Why do you like sales?
      What’s the most important part about meeting with a customer for the first time?
      What are some of your recent achievements?
      Have you ever had to be forceful or aggressive with someone/customer? Explain.
      Do you plan out your work week in advance? Explain.
      Can you get people to help you because they like you? Explain.
      Do you consider yourself a leader?
      How would your success at Stryker be measured?
      Are you competitive?
      Do you feel financially stable?
      Do you think about numbers on a daily basis?
      Are you an overachiever or underachiever?
      What is your biggest success in life?
      How are you customer oriented?
      How do you measure your success each day?
      Do you prefer a base salary or commission based salary?
      On a scale of 1-5 how responsible are you?
      Should employees be compensated based on performance or progression?
      Are you honest? How do people know you’re honest?
      Do you keep promises?
      Have you helped other during the past week? How did you help them?
      Do you like scores/numbers that tell how people are doing?
      Are you persuasive? Give an example of how you were persuasive.
      Should you treat all surgeons the same?
      Do you defy limitations? Explain.   Answer Question

Engineering Manager Interview

Interview

Despite being obviously qualified, I didn't even get a phone interview. Only a reject email. This is not the first time. Seems like discrimination. I cannot explain the disconnects.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Stryker (Denver, CO).

Interview

Call with hr followed by call with hiring manager. Take a Gallup personality interview then if you pass then move onto in person interview. Hiring manager showed up 20 minutes late to the interview claiming his calendar on his phone got erased and he forgot about the interview. Was called the next morning and was told that the hiring manager wanted to do lunch. That never happened even after continually following up. Was contacted by hr 2 months after interview and was told the position had been cancelled. Pretty poor leadership and execution

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Stryker.

Interview

Applied online, submitted resume and cover letter. Received email within a couple fof hours for an invite to set up phone interview. Interviewer called not a second to late or to early. She was very nice and polite. She asked me some typical questions and then I replied, then I asked her some questions about the position. Was told that i would receive email within a couple of days. I did recieve an email within 2 days.

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Stryker (Chicago, IL) in October 2017.

Interview

Formalized interview process with 2 HR representatives. Ultimately, was told Stryker would not be moving forward with me because, per their feedback, I was "too task oriented". WTF!? As an engineer who, according to Stryker, is too task oriented it makes me wonder exactly how that is a negative attribute for a prospective employee. Maybe I should have said I love spending time around the water cooler wasting the day away. SMH

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Stryker in October 2017.

Interview

Brief recruiter call with explanation of interest and career experience. Followed up by a ridiculous over an hour long Gallup Interview. No concrete feedback, just told me in so many words that I was a progressive thinker but I did not possess the characteristics required by Stryker to continue interviewing. The irony of the interview is that you are told to by the recruiter to be truthful for the Gallup Interview because that's what the company wants to hear, but had I manipulated my answers to what I thought they wanted to hear I am sure I would have had a better chance passing the profiling. I met every qualification in the job description but because of the Gallup results did not accurately reflect my managerial capabilities and it was unable to quantify my skill sets, I did not receive another interview.

Engineer I Interview

Interview

Simple straight forward process: online application, general phone interview, and on-site interview with multiple staff members. I entered a training program which made things much simpler. In person interviews were conducted at various levels in the company, ending with introductions to senior employees and a job offer.

Interview Questions

• They asked me some simple math formulas and past experiences.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kalamazoo, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Stryker (Kalamazoo, MI).

Interview

It is rather extensive but worth it. They are looking for a specific fit and their process allows them to successfully find people that will fit well within their company culture.

It starts with an on campus interview which is simple, typical behavior questions. Then the Gallup. Then On-site.