Stryker Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.3

1. Featured Interview

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Stryker (Dallas, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

After having submitted my application online a month prior, I received an email from the recruiter wanting to set up a phone screen/interview. This first interview ran about 15 minutes and included a mini Gallup interview and just some general questions about my resume. It was a pleasant experience and she even included information on target salary and benefits for the role. At the end of our conversation, I was told that she would like to schedule me to speak with the hiring manager soon and we agreed on a date and time.

My next phone interview with the hiring manager was a couple of days later. I again spoke about the experiences on my resume and the position was described to me in more detail. This lasted about 15 minutes as well. Later that evening, I received an e-mail to schedule the formal Gallup test.

I completed the Gallup test a few days later. It lasted about an hour. It was pretty straightforward; I did not feign any of my responses in terms of my personality. At times I feared my honest responses might eliminate me based on my type A personality and introverted nature. A day after i completed the Gallup, I received an e-mail and call from the recruiter to schedule the on-site interview.

The on-site interview consisted of 8 30-minute interviews with a large gamut of people. I thought i would feel drained throughout the day, but honestly the time flew bye. Everyone I spoke with was my kind of person: direct, perceptive, and amicable. Throughout my experience, I got a real family sense among the employees and an excitedness to be working at Stryker despite some environmental stressors. I was presented with an excellent offer three days after my interview!

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Stryker.

Interview

- Applied to job online
    - Recruiter from Stryker called 1 week later and did a short interview on the phone then scheduled a face to face interview with the hiring manager
    -Did a face to face interview with hiring manager the next week and was asked to take the Gallup Interview
    - I have taken the Gallup interview, but have not been contacted by Stryker to let me know what the results were

Interview Questions

• Have you ever faced adversity? Explain.
      Why do you like sales?
      What’s the most important part about meeting with a customer for the first time?
      What are some of your recent achievements?
      Have you ever had to be forceful or aggressive with someone/customer? Explain.
      Do you plan out your work week in advance? Explain.
      Can you get people to help you because they like you? Explain.
      Do you consider yourself a leader?
      How would your success at Stryker be measured?
      Are you competitive?
      Do you feel financially stable?
      Do you think about numbers on a daily basis?
      Are you an overachiever or underachiever?
      What is your biggest success in life?
      How are you customer oriented?
      How do you measure your success each day?
      Do you prefer a base salary or commission based salary?
      On a scale of 1-5 how responsible are you?
      Should employees be compensated based on performance or progression?
      Are you honest? How do people know you’re honest?
      Do you keep promises?
      Have you helped other during the past week? How did you help them?
      Do you like scores/numbers that tell how people are doing?
      Are you persuasive? Give an example of how you were persuasive.
      Should you treat all surgeons the same?
      Do you defy limitations? Explain.   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Stryker.

Interview

Fairly standard to start, phone screen with HR, phone screen with hiring manager, then Gallup profile interview (a little strange with rapid fire quick answers), then in person. Recruiter was responsive throughout the process.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you went above and beyond what was expected.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Stryker in September 2017.

Interview

Went and talked to the college representative at the career fair. Applied online to two locations, same position that same day. Took a couple Gallup polls online through company emails. About a week after talking to the representative in person, I received a follow up email to set up a phone interview. Excelled in the first interview in the application process, and have set up an interview for the Gallup portion. Still participating in the selection process.

Interview Questions

• What was the hardest engineering concept you have learned so far, and can you explain it in simpler terms?   Answer Question

Onsite Specialist Interview

Interview

By far the most unprofessional experience of my life. Go to Starbucks meet with one other person talk about a job. The main qualification for the job was having working thumbs. But yet we still had to talk about pointless things. Even talked about where the interviewers grandparents grew up. Unless you know someone on the inside they just put you through the process to waste time and increase numbers

QC Lead Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stryker.

Interview

Associate of talent acquisition contacted me in order to schedule a phone interview. Associate phoned on the correct day for the phone interview. After interviewing me for thirty minutes the associate was interupted by what sounded like her supervisor. After she stepped away from the call she came back on and stated her supervisor needed her to cover the switchboard. I thought switchboard? What kind of operation is this. The associate stated she would call me back in 30 minutes. The call never came. I emailed her and we scheduled the interview for three days later. She never called. I emailed two more times but never heard a response.
    Before accepting any offer from this company please read this review. This was unprofessional to say the least.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume?   1 Answer

Surgical Sales Representative Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Stryker.

Interview

Applied on LinkedIn and received a follow-up email requesting a phone interview. Interview lasted about 45 minutes and contained some basic questions along with a few STAR format questions. After completion of the phone interview I was asked to participate in a Gallup phone interview consisting of 95 tell me about a situation when and STAR questions. Very difficult and taxing but also very helpful because it helps you to understand more of what drives you. The following day I received an email saying that my personality was not an optimal match with their organization but they were grateful for my applying.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about how you dealt with the conflict with a coworker. Tons of situational questions so be ready to have lots of examples from your current and previous employment   Answer Question

Associate Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Walnut Creek, CA

Interview

Phone and in-person interview. Phone interview with a recruiter went well and she was very easy to talk to. The in-person interview was 2 on 1 and was a little more intense, with some difficult questions asked. In the end they were looking for someone with more experience in the industry.

Interview Questions

• Do you like to be the best? What if being the best isn't your personal best?   Answer Question
    • When you are angry does everyone know you're angry?   Answer Question

Project Manager Northeast Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Flower Mound, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stryker (Flower Mound, TX) in August 2017.

Interview

There was a phone interview along with a mini-Gallup test. That progressed to a full Gallup test, which was scheduled for two hours. Three business days after taking the Gallup, I was told I progressed to the face-to-face interview, and I was flown to Texas. I did six individual interviews in Texas, four F2F and two via the phone.

Stryker is doing incredible work, and it's a very exciting environment with the opportunity to help others. I was impressed by the culture and the collaborative DNA. These people wave at/greet one another, and it's very positive. There seems to be a lot of potential for changing positions and promotions, and everyone I interviewed with had held several different job titles during their tenure. I met several of the other candidates for my position, and they were all directed, smart, and personable.

So while I didn't get the job, I can highly recommend the company and I found the interview process challenging and interesting. Stryker knows who they're looking for and they have a process for finding her/him.

Interview Questions

• If you pass the Gallup, the interview questions will not pose a problem for you. Be articulate, succinct, and honest.   Answer Question

Regulatory Affairs Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Stryker.

Interview

Had a total of three phone interviews. One with a talent scout from another state, one with the hiring manager, and one with their 3rd party 'Gallup' interviewers. After the third interview they never called back, never emailed, had a friend who worked there and they claimed they had. Decided to email them, no response. Bad look for the company.

Interview Questions

• Do you think you work harder than others? Do you like planned work or go with the flow? How competitive are you?   Answer Question

Technical Support Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stryker (San Jose, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

I had a Phone screen with Recruiter and was told that I should hear back by the end of the week in regards to the next step. Since I haven't heard back by Friday 4pm, I have sent an email to check on status. Received auto reply saying that recruiter is on vacation until Tuesday. I was waiting until Thursday and sent another email just to see where I stand since I am interviewing at other places as well. Still to this date (2 weeks later) I haven't heard from them. Why is it so hard to click on "Reply" button and just say that I don't qualify? At least I know where I stand... Sheesshh

Interview Questions

• How do you keep your team motivated?   1 Answer