Stryker Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.3

1. Featured Interview

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Stryker (Dallas, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

After having submitted my application online a month prior, I received an email from the recruiter wanting to set up a phone screen/interview. This first interview ran about 15 minutes and included a mini Gallup interview and just some general questions about my resume. It was a pleasant experience and she even included information on target salary and benefits for the role. At the end of our conversation, I was told that she would like to schedule me to speak with the hiring manager soon and we agreed on a date and time.

My next phone interview with the hiring manager was a couple of days later. I again spoke about the experiences on my resume and the position was described to me in more detail. This lasted about 15 minutes as well. Later that evening, I received an e-mail to schedule the formal Gallup test.

I completed the Gallup test a few days later. It lasted about an hour. It was pretty straightforward; I did not feign any of my responses in terms of my personality. At times I feared my honest responses might eliminate me based on my type A personality and introverted nature. A day after i completed the Gallup, I received an e-mail and call from the recruiter to schedule the on-site interview.

The on-site interview consisted of 8 30-minute interviews with a large gamut of people. I thought i would feel drained throughout the day, but honestly the time flew bye. Everyone I spoke with was my kind of person: direct, perceptive, and amicable. Throughout my experience, I got a real family sense among the employees and an excitedness to be working at Stryker despite some environmental stressors. I was presented with an excellent offer three days after my interview!

Computer Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Stryker.

Interview

The HR rep that I spoke with has been extremely unprofessional this entire time, and I am sick and tired of it. He contacted me because he saw my online application to set up a phone call. Asks me for my availability for the next two days, and I respond within 10 minutes of his email. He then proceeds to not respond again for two weeks. We play this game of email-tag just to set up an initial phone call for a month.

Finally, the phone call happens, and it's quick and simple. He said for second round, they use Gallup, an external behavioral interview company, for a 1 hour behavioral interview. Cool. I do that process within 3 days of the initial phone call, and the guy said I should hear back within a few days about the third round.

It's now been two and a half weeks since the second round, and I have sent two professionally worded emails already, asking about the status of my application. At this point, I have pretty much given up hope, but I am in awe at how unprofessional this phone-tag and email-tag has been. Unbelievable.

Interview Questions

• Do you like working in a team or independently? Elaborate.   1 Answer

Contract Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portage, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Stryker (Portage, MI) in April 2016.

Interview

The very beginning I had the opportunity to present to everyone I would be meeting with over the course of the day. I presented about myself, my experience and qualifications. I then proceeded to meet with different members of the teams within HCS. They asked questions about me personally as well as my experience and qualifications. I was asked a range of questions and given specific situations where I had to explain how I handled conflict in the work place or if I prefer to work with a team or individually.

Interview Questions

• What type of work environment was most conducive to my learning style?   1 Answer

Assistant Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Stryker in April 2013.

Interview

Interview process was standard.

First met with Regional Manager and Assistant Sales Rep went over resume, basic interview questions, and basic responsibilities of the role.

Second interview took place with director of sales and regional manager. Questions were a little bit more difficult. Some situational questions.

Third phase of interview process was to shadow an Account Manager for the day. Basically go from one hospital to another talk about job transition experience, very casual.

Interview Questions

• Was supposed to hear back after I shadowed for the day, but never did. Contacted the account manager I had shadowed and he said they were still finalizing their hiring decision. However, I still to this day not heard back from Stryker. Tried contacting regional manager several times, and account manager, but still did not hear back.   1 Answer

Associate Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Stryker in February 2017.

Interview

Very quick and straight to the point. Interviewer said they would call back by next week and nenver got a call - interviewer was very friendly. Parts of it felt a little rushed. Easy to prepare for if you do your research

Interview Questions

• Basic personality/behavioral questions. Ex: Are you a leader? How organied are you?   Answer Question

Associate Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stryker in June 2017.

Interview

This was one of the most intense interview processes I've ever had to go through. When all was said and done there were six different rounds--3 in person, 2 telephone interviews, and the telephonic Gallup interview. On one hand I truly appreciate the company wanting to make sure they are hiring the right person who will be the right fit for the team. However, the amount of time needed to complete all these interviews was unmanageable and, frankly, incredibly difficult for someone working full-time.

Associate Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mahwah, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stryker (Mahwah, NJ) in April 2013.

Interview

The interview/hiring process took about two months. Everyone was helpful and willing to answer my questions. I also did my homework but looking at these forums for information about the gallups interview.

Interview Questions

• They repeated a lot of the questions. They are just trying to make sure that you are consistent. So, don't doubt yourself and be consistent.   Answer Question

Associate Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kalamazoo, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Stryker (Kalamazoo, MI) in July 2010.

Interview

The interview required some quick responses. It was mostly behavioral and personality type questions.

Some Questions:
    How do you motivate your team members?
    How will you manage a critical situation or when you fail to produce what was expected from you?

Interview Questions

• How would you describe your basic leadership style? Give specific examples of how you practice this?   Answer Question

Associate Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mahwah, NJ

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Stryker (Mahwah, NJ) in February 2012.

Interview

I have NEVER experience a company that has such a poor process of interviewing people. Instead of meeting people face to face after an acceptable phone interview, they continue the "electronic" method.
    After a successfulk 1 hr HR interview, 2 weeks later came the 35 min interview with the hiring manger, phone of course. Then a week later was a gruling 1hr 50 min GALLOP INTERVIEW - personality interview.

I was never called to be advise how I did. I had to follow up and was told 3 different times they would advise me. They would be specific in their day. For example, we'll let you know by late next week. Or by Tuesday of next week at the latest. These time lines would come and go and NO repsonses from Stryker. I would follow up AGAIN.

If this is any indication of the company's behavior when it comes to getting back to people that have gone 3 steps into the process.... I would not want to work for them. You wonder if top management is aware of this poor communication process.

Interview Questions

• all there questions were around culture - not really technical   1 Answer

Audit Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kalamazoo, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Stryker (Kalamazoo, MI) in November 2011.

Interview

Incredibly thorough process. First phone interview with HR that was very pleasant and relatively informal. The second phone interview was with the hiring manager approx one hour long. Then I received email notification that I made it to the next stage - Gallop personality interview, more than 1.45 hours of gruelling questions. Next step was a day long interview with 6 different people plus a presentation. A call was received within a week that I was not selected.

Interview Questions

• What is the most difficult situation you have encountered in your professional career and how did you handle it.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in East Lansing, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Stryker (East Lansing, MI) in January 2016.

Interview

The first interview was fairly laid back - 25 minutes or so. It was the first of three interviews so there were a few harder questions but mostly generic interview questions and personality questions. The second interview is a phone screen with a third party company where they ask you more in-depth personality questions to get a better idea of who you are. The third interview is a technical interview where you meet on site with the engineering team of your discipline and they drill you with much tougher questions to probe your technical skills and knowledge.

Interview Questions

• What is something that was particularly complicated for you in your engineering courses and how would you explain that topic to a group of high school students who didn't know about the topic.   1 Answer