Stryker Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.3

1. Featured Interview

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Stryker (Dallas, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

After having submitted my application online a month prior, I received an email from the recruiter wanting to set up a phone screen/interview. This first interview ran about 15 minutes and included a mini Gallup interview and just some general questions about my resume. It was a pleasant experience and she even included information on target salary and benefits for the role. At the end of our conversation, I was told that she would like to schedule me to speak with the hiring manager soon and we agreed on a date and time.

My next phone interview with the hiring manager was a couple of days later. I again spoke about the experiences on my resume and the position was described to me in more detail. This lasted about 15 minutes as well. Later that evening, I received an e-mail to schedule the formal Gallup test.

I completed the Gallup test a few days later. It lasted about an hour. It was pretty straightforward; I did not feign any of my responses in terms of my personality. At times I feared my honest responses might eliminate me based on my type A personality and introverted nature. A day after i completed the Gallup, I received an e-mail and call from the recruiter to schedule the on-site interview.

The on-site interview consisted of 8 30-minute interviews with a large gamut of people. I thought i would feel drained throughout the day, but honestly the time flew bye. Everyone I spoke with was my kind of person: direct, perceptive, and amicable. Throughout my experience, I got a real family sense among the employees and an excitedness to be working at Stryker despite some environmental stressors. I was presented with an excellent offer three days after my interview!

HR Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Stryker.

Interview

The first two rounds were excellent until I had to complete a Gallup personality test. I was led to believe I am a sure hire and to be myself during the Gallup interview. The questions are bit condescending and vastly different from what you take with Tesla Motors. Seems that if the profile is not a 100% match they will do a complete 180 degree shift and will provide no feedback. Very unfair practice as I believe the interview process with this company is to check the box as like in many high profile jobs- they already have the position filled but will go through the motions to believe someone has a chance. Very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Are you an overachiever or underachiever?   1 Answer

Communications Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kalamazoo, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stryker (Kalamazoo, MI).

Interview

I have applied for 2 jobs with Stryker - each well within my skill-set. HR was quick to respond both times and scheduled a HR phone interview. The first HR interview went well and I was referred to a 2nd phone interview with the hiring manager which also went well. I was informed that I had made it to the next round - the 'GALLUP' interview. This interview was totally weird as if you are speaking to a robot who asks random questions such as "How have you helped someone in the last 24 hours" - stuff that is not related to work at all and assesses your personality. The questions are rapid fire and hard to answer, and unsettling. Basically like a glorified Buzzfeed test. I failed the Buzzfeed test so didnt make it to a face-to-face interview. The job continued to be reposted for a few months.

I noticed another job advertised in my field with them a while later. Ignored it at first but again it was advertised for months so I thought I would apply. HR enthusiastically contacted me on the day I applied and a few from Stryker viewed my LinkedIn. They booked another HR screen. During the screen they asked if I had interviewed before and I mentioned the previous GALLUP. The interview was cut short and I received an automated rejection the next day. If this weird test is a deal breaker why not make the connection with people's talent profile/flag on the system rather than wasting my time. Totally weird process and a bit cult like.

Interview Questions

• How have you helped someone in the last 24 hours
      How honest are you?
      Would you rather lead a team or follow?   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Stryker.

Interview

3 telephone interviews, one onsite interview (if selected). One interview is with Gallup, which is almost entirely behavioral. There is also an online Gallup questionnaire at the very beginning of the interview process.

Interview Questions

• Talk about how you resolved an issue when working in a team.   Answer Question

Regional Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Stryker (Orlando, FL).

Interview

Overall interview process was fairly straightforward and basic...phone and/or face-to-face interviews with persons you will either report to directly or indirectly. The main focus of the interview process was a Gallup survey that took 90 minutes....this is the major factor and/or hurdle in the hiring process.

Interview Questions

• Are you better at leading others or being part of a team?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Stryker.

Interview

Hiring process is long and arduos. Process took 6 months and 8 interviews. It included meeting several reps, territory manager, regional manager and several phone interviews including gallup. In-person meetings were usually over coffee or breakfast. They were casual but I treated it very professional. Even though it was a relaxed manner, I knew I was being examined with fine tooth comb. Tip: Dress to impress and be preparred.

Interview Questions

• What are you an expert at?
      What makes you interesting?
      What happes if I dont hire you?
      What is your definition of service?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Stryker (San Jose, CA).

Interview

First, a phone screen with HR, then a Gallup interview, then a phone screen with the hiring manager, then a 5 hour day interviewing with 8 different people on site. I was requested to come back multiple days (terrible traffic to south San Jose) as well as several phone screens with various managers to find "where I would be a perfect fit for the company." The entire process ended up spanning over 2 months. Their hiring process doesn't respect the candidates time what so ever. When I went in-house they were very unorganized. When it finally came time to make me an offer they started at a very low salary and kept stressing that money isn't as important as the "great opportunity" I was receiving. I was so disappointed I stopped returning their calls. With that said, everyone I did have the pleasure of speaking with was truly top caliber, financial professionals. I just felt that if the company treats potential talent as bad as they treated me then how would they treat me once I was actually working there?

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Stryker in January 2018.

Interview

I got an email from a recruiter for a phone interview. After the phone interview, I had to schedule another phone interview with Gallop which takes an hour long. They just want to see your type A personality.

Interview Questions

• Explain a concept that was difficult to you.   1 Answer

Sustainability Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Stryker (Chicago, IL) in January 2018.

Interview

Very informal in application and redundant compared to the way it is detailed on their careers site. There is minimal communication post each interview step which is frustrating for any professional seeking employment.

Interview Questions

• Nothing formulated and more of a breakdown of your resume   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Stryker.

Interview

about a month or two process. phone, in-person, gallup then two more in person. Once you get through gallup its down hill. Will bring you into main campus where the officially offer you the position

Onsite Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Stryker.

Interview

During the interview, the employees asking the questions were very uptight and you could tell they were looking for a certain type of individual, I thought it went well but I prepared before. Their questions require preparation.