Stryker Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Stryker

1,490 Interview Reviews

3.3

1. Featured Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Stryker in October 2018.

Interview

I was recruited by a manager at Stryker off of LinkedIn.. after a couple of phone interviews and then face to face interview I was put through Gallup personality interview. There was a lot of pressure around the Gallup interview, if you do not come back with a review showing you have the traits they're looking for - it's almost black and white that they cannot consider you any further. When I passed that, they were then trying to find the right position for me based on experience and my personal circumstances - which I found to be diligent and effective.. they really cared what role you were put into, rather than just filling a role. I interviewed with 3 managers for different divisions before finding the right path and having the final interviews with HR and the medical manager. I was also 8 months pregnant when I was recruited and they waited for me until I was finished maternity leave to start - which was also why I interviewed with a few managers trying to find a role that was best suited to what I was looking for It was a pretty intense time in my life, but worth every effort to work for such a great company!

Interview Questions

• It was mostly questions around being an achiever and knowing your product / industry well.   1 Answer

Stryker Response

Sep 13, 2019

Thank you for sharing your experience!

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stryker.

Interview

Three interviews. First was with a recruiter, basic personality stuff along with expectation questions. Second interview was with the team manager, asked me questions on my resume, some data structures as well as a good amount of 3D graphics (geometry and OpenGL). The third round was a coding tests on HackerRank, had questions on finding whether an element is part of a tree, finding the shortest path on a DAG, and smart pointers (deleting shared pointers)

Onsite Specialist Interview

Interview

Contacted by recruiter about a new position after applying a few months back. Classic phone screening followed by Zoom interview with regional manager. Have a few examples of challenges/successes for Gallup interview.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Stryker.

Interview

Typical interview, very few HR questions. They asked about my current job and explained the expectations of the position applied for. The interviewer was kind and professional. All questions were answered during the original call. No pay discussed.

Research Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stryker.

Interview

Two phone interviews and then took Gallup test. After taking Gallup test, interviews stopped. I was informed my skills and personality did not line up with whatever Stryker had in mind

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Interview

Applied online. Talent acquisition team was quick on response (couple days) with friendly/informative chat to start with. Invited to speak with hiring manager over the phone about a week later which was fine as well. The next and final step for me was the infamous go/no go Gallup interview. Don't be mad if you get stopped/saved at this step. If you've ever worked with someone that you'd describe as pompous,self unaware, good at talking the talk, coupled with an overinflated sense of worth, just imagine a whole company filled with them. *shudder*. If you don't know what I'm talking about then congratulation! You just might be a good candidate if you can also convince them you can walk the walk. Shortly after the Gallup, I was informed by talent acquisition Stryker was pursuing other candidates but without any specific reasoning. Total turnaround was about 1 month. In my book that makes it better than most companies out there.

MBA Interview

Interview

The interview process was pretty average, just very long. I think it took about 3 months. It started out with some phone interviews that were behavioral based except for one short case interview. Then they asked me to do the Gallup interview followed by an on-site interview, which was a full day event. I got the job offer a few hours after I left the office.

Accounting and Finance Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Stryker.

Interview

First- phone interview with Stryker employee that asked about past experiences, qualification, etc. Then a few days later I heard back and moved on to next round of interviews. This was a 45 minute phone interview with Gallup, who asked rapid fire behavioral questions.

Quality Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Stryker.

Interview

There are numerous steps in the interview process. The first step is a call with a talent recruiter who then sends you to have a 30 minute conversation with the hiring manager. If all goes well, they will ask you to take the Gallup interview. If you pass and the hiring manager likes you you will be asked to have an in-person interview

Associate Sales Representative Interview

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Stryker.

Interview

very long, took forever to hear back even after an interviewer already told me I was moving onto the next round. They were very nice but also either would not respond to emails or take forever to do so

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Stryker.

Interview

The interview process involved phone screening, a coding project that had to be completed within a week and a behavioral interview. I enjoyed the coding project as it involved completing a mini project implementing an algorithm. However, the behavioral interview was stressful and unpleasant as it involved having to provide one-liner answers to a bunch of questions rather than having a conversation with a person.

Interview Questions

• An hour-long interview on behavioral questions taken by third-party   1 Answer