Stryker Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.3

1. Featured Interview

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Stryker (Dallas, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

After having submitted my application online a month prior, I received an email from the recruiter wanting to set up a phone screen/interview. This first interview ran about 15 minutes and included a mini Gallup interview and just some general questions about my resume. It was a pleasant experience and she even included information on target salary and benefits for the role. At the end of our conversation, I was told that she would like to schedule me to speak with the hiring manager soon and we agreed on a date and time.

My next phone interview with the hiring manager was a couple of days later. I again spoke about the experiences on my resume and the position was described to me in more detail. This lasted about 15 minutes as well. Later that evening, I received an e-mail to schedule the formal Gallup test.

I completed the Gallup test a few days later. It lasted about an hour. It was pretty straightforward; I did not feign any of my responses in terms of my personality. At times I feared my honest responses might eliminate me based on my type A personality and introverted nature. A day after i completed the Gallup, I received an e-mail and call from the recruiter to schedule the on-site interview.

The on-site interview consisted of 8 30-minute interviews with a large gamut of people. I thought i would feel drained throughout the day, but honestly the time flew bye. Everyone I spoke with was my kind of person: direct, perceptive, and amicable. Throughout my experience, I got a real family sense among the employees and an excitedness to be working at Stryker despite some environmental stressors. I was presented with an excellent offer three days after my interview!

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Stryker.

Interview

- Applied to job online
    - Recruiter from Stryker called 1 week later and did a short interview on the phone then scheduled a face to face interview with the hiring manager
    -Did a face to face interview with hiring manager the next week and was asked to take the Gallup Interview
    - I have taken the Gallup interview, but have not been contacted by Stryker to let me know what the results were

Interview Questions

• Have you ever faced adversity? Explain.
      Why do you like sales?
      What’s the most important part about meeting with a customer for the first time?
      What are some of your recent achievements?
      Have you ever had to be forceful or aggressive with someone/customer? Explain.
      Do you plan out your work week in advance? Explain.
      Can you get people to help you because they like you? Explain.
      Do you consider yourself a leader?
      How would your success at Stryker be measured?
      Are you competitive?
      Do you feel financially stable?
      Do you think about numbers on a daily basis?
      Are you an overachiever or underachiever?
      What is your biggest success in life?
      How are you customer oriented?
      How do you measure your success each day?
      Do you prefer a base salary or commission based salary?
      On a scale of 1-5 how responsible are you?
      Should employees be compensated based on performance or progression?
      Are you honest? How do people know you’re honest?
      Do you keep promises?
      Have you helped other during the past week? How did you help them?
      Do you like scores/numbers that tell how people are doing?
      Are you persuasive? Give an example of how you were persuasive.
      Should you treat all surgeons the same?
      Do you defy limitations? Explain.   Answer Question

Surgical Sales Representative Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Stryker.

Interview

Applied on LinkedIn and received a follow-up email requesting a phone interview. Interview lasted about 45 minutes and contained some basic questions along with a few STAR format questions. After completion of the phone interview I was asked to participate in a Gallup phone interview consisting of 95 tell me about a situation when and STAR questions. Very difficult and taxing but also very helpful because it helps you to understand more of what drives you. The following day I received an email saying that my personality was not an optimal match with their organization but they were grateful for my applying.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about how you dealt with the conflict with a coworker. Tons of situational questions so be ready to have lots of examples from your current and previous employment   Answer Question

Associate Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Walnut Creek, CA

Interview

Phone and in-person interview. Phone interview with a recruiter went well and she was very easy to talk to. The in-person interview was 2 on 1 and was a little more intense, with some difficult questions asked. In the end they were looking for someone with more experience in the industry.

Interview Questions

• Do you like to be the best? What if being the best isn't your personal best?   Answer Question
    • When you are angry does everyone know you're angry?   Answer Question

Project Manager Northeast Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Flower Mound, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stryker (Flower Mound, TX) in August 2017.

Interview

There was a phone interview along with a mini-Gallup test. That progressed to a full Gallup test, which was scheduled for two hours. Three business days after taking the Gallup, I was told I progressed to the face-to-face interview, and I was flown to Texas. I did six individual interviews in Texas, four F2F and two via the phone.

Stryker is doing incredible work, and it's a very exciting environment with the opportunity to help others. I was impressed by the culture and the collaborative DNA. These people wave at/greet one another, and it's very positive. There seems to be a lot of potential for changing positions and promotions, and everyone I interviewed with had held several different job titles during their tenure. I met several of the other candidates for my position, and they were all directed, smart, and personable.

So while I didn't get the job, I can highly recommend the company and I found the interview process challenging and interesting. Stryker knows who they're looking for and they have a process for finding her/him.

Interview Questions

• If you pass the Gallup, the interview questions will not pose a problem for you. Be articulate, succinct, and honest.   Answer Question

Regulatory Affairs Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Stryker.

Interview

Had a total of three phone interviews. One with a talent scout from another state, one with the hiring manager, and one with their 3rd party 'Gallup' interviewers. After the third interview they never called back, never emailed, had a friend who worked there and they claimed they had. Decided to email them, no response. Bad look for the company.

Interview Questions

• Do you think you work harder than others? Do you like planned work or go with the flow? How competitive are you?   Answer Question

Product Management Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stryker.

Interview

Contacted by an internal recruiter to schedule a 30 minute call. Spoke with her at our scheduled time. Contacted within a week by another internal scheduler to set a call with the hiring manager at the Fremont, CA office. Spoke with him at our scheduled time. My application was coded as "no longer under consideration" on the company site after 7 weeks after the interview. During that entire time, I received no response to my calls or emails to either recruiter/scheduler, initiated upon the recruiter's request we talk after I spoke with the hiring manager. Completely confused as this company has a great reputation for employee engagement and and hiring great talent. This experience was not great.

Interview Questions

• Hiring manager asked why I haven't applied to offices geographically closer to my current location. Seemed like a very odd question since the divisions are completely different.   Answer Question

Associate Strategic Contracts Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kalamazoo, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stryker (Kalamazoo, MI) in July 2017.

Interview

Disappointing. Absolutely disappointing. I expected a company which prides itself on having strong values and ethics to exercise these values and ethics, but it was not apparent during this interview.

I received an invitation for an interview, which I accepted and provided what was called (by the recruiter) "a fantastic response." On the day of the interview, I was taken aback by how the interview went. There as no discussion about the company, the position, nor my qualifications. All that occurred was a Gallup screening, where there were very generic questions that had nothing to do with how I would succeed with the company. I even tried to bring up discussion about the company and the position by asking 3 follow-up questions, and the responses were vague and one-worded.

I firmly believe this was very discriminatory for people with disabilities (including myself) because if you don't give the right answers to the Gallup exam, then they will send you a rejection form letter in less than 24 hours. There was no evaluation of my skills nor my qualifications and I expected better from this company.

Medical Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stryker in July 2017.

Interview

Recruiter not very organized. Wanted to go through my resume like a story. Very poor layout, didn't talk about any of my jobs, accolades, or experience. Didn't describe job, or have any details about a new position recently created. Didn't ask if I had any questions. This is second job interviewed for and second job I don't pursue due to recruiters.

Interview Questions

• Let's go through your resume... like a life story   1 Answer

Surgical Sales Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Stryker in July 2017.

Interview

Was contacted by internal recruiter. Did a phone interview that proceeded to F2F interview with hiring manager. Was in another city, 45 minutes away from me. Was not given any instruction of where to wait for manager at hotel meeting location. I arrived early and sat in hotel lobby. I noticed the manager and another person with her conducting an interview. I couldn't help but keep looking over as I waited patiently (their interview lasted 15 minutes over our scheduled meeting time). I noticed the manager was EATING an apple while interviewing this candidate . I have never in my life seen something like this .
    It appeared The interview was over because they all stood up. Only to wait another 10 minutes to watch them chat friendly/casually with each other. This was nerve-racking to watch . Maybe they should've picked a more private area to meet rather than the first table as soon as you walk through the front door of the hotel ?!?!
    I was motioned to come over to the table. Manager never even stood up when I walked to their table. She had on SHORTS and a Cotton TSHIRT! I was immediately put off. As I was there dressed in a suit . This is a fortune 500 company, and I highly doubt this is how they want their hiring managers dressed at an interview. The other person in the interview was another rep.
    I sat down and she immediately began saying how this was only a 30 min interview. Just to see if they "like me enough to see me again" was turned off from the start. I felt very pressured for time .
    Horrible interview questions. She insulted me by saying she wasn't getting a personal connection with me. And if I walked out the door she'd feel like she never met me. At this point I really didn't know what else to say. I asked the rep next to me what a day in the life was like an as he answered The manager proceeded to get on her phone and check emails/texts.. The interview was over and I was told I would hear from them on Monday . I sent a follow-up email to both the manager and the rep thanking them for their time and looking forward to hearing from them. I never got a reply, never received a phone call or email from anyone stating what the next steps were if any. After three days I finally reached out to recruiter via email, only to receive a cookie-cutter cut-and-paste reply.
    So glad I did not get this job to work under this manager. While Stryker maybe your wonderful company this manager was a complete unprofessional example to what their company stands for to a potential candidate!

PM Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Stryker.

Interview

Awesome experience. I would highly recommend this process to other companies in the industry. There were no surprises and I really enjoyed talking to my colleagues. It felt like a team right from the first day.