Stryker Reviews | Glassdoor

Stryker Reviews

Updated 20 Nov 2019

3.9
Pros
Cons
  • "Shift pattern can be hard to achieve a good work life balance(in 141 reviews)

• "No overtime and sometimes long hours(in 66 reviews)

"One of the best companies to work for [Forbes also recommends]"

Current Employee - Quality Engineer in Leesburg, VA

I have been working at Stryker full-time for less than a year

Pros

Work culture is good. Some things like working remotely in my Quality department is a good benefit whenever needed. The management leadership looks pretty good. The pay-scale is good and the work hours are flexible. The work is not physically demanding but it can mentally demanding during the deadlines. I work in the Orthopedics Spine division.

Cons

Holidays are few in a year due to Stryker's work policies. It does not directly hires immigrants. Most of the work is all documentation and Excel stuff in the Quality Environment. So, if you don't like documentation stuff much, then this job is not a good fit for the person. Career progress can be slow for contractors.

Continue reading
    Stryker2019-11-18

"Operations Associate"

I have been working at Stryker full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Stryker has one of the best working atmospheres I have ever been a part of. They know how to hire the right people and the people mesh together easily and well. They understand innovation and are great at identifying upcoming medical technology to help them continue to grow on a positive direction every year. Unlimited growth potential within any of its divisions once you are in.

Cons

Competitive to get into and the entry level positions can be tough. Attracts a lot of people who are competitive and sales oriented which is great to a point. Also due to the quick nature of the business, many people are trained "trial by fire" style which can be stressful. Finally with the competitive nature comes a lot of people who work outside normal hours for better or for worse.

Stryker2018-08-07
  3. "great starting point"

Current Employee - Onsite Specialist

I have been working at Stryker full-time for less than a year

Pros

great corporate benefits and financial package

Cons

Could have more opportunities for internal mobility.

Stryker2019-11-16
  4. "Great company and work culture"

Current Employee - Senior Analyst in Portage, MI

I have been working at Stryker full-time for less than a year

Pros

Work culture is positive and enabling. I started about 90 days ago and so far have been able to gain access and training to all things I have needed to succeed. On-boarding was well-planned and I have all the tools I need. Schedule is flexible and all co-workers are driven and helpful. I have been paired with mentors to help me succeed in my career long-term and am encouraged to accept learning opportunities that interest me.

Cons

The only con so far is that is is difficult to get IS resources or assistance for anything that cannot be solved by going to a walk-up desk.

Stryker2019-11-15
  5. "Incredible Culture"

Current Employee - Senior Finance Manager in Allendale, NJ

I have been working at Stryker full-time for less than a year

Pros

The mission and values resonate everywhere throughout Stryker from the very top to bottom of the Org Chart. Great place for career advancement opportunities. I get to work with an amazing team each and every day and I'm constantly motivated to do my best. I have felt welcomed and valued from day 1. Stryker is hands down an amazing place to be.

Cons

I don't have any Cons

Stryker2019-11-15
  6. "Organization about People"

Former Employee - Purchasing Manager

I worked at Stryker full-time for more than a year

Pros

Large company with lots of opportunities, benefits, and makes people feel important.

Cons

Locally there are no positions available.

Stryker2019-11-13
  7. "Been good so far"

Current Employee - Group Leader in Leesburg, VA

I have been working at Stryker full-time for more than a year

Pros

Been with Stryker for a year now, and I've enjoyed it. Company has a definite growth strategy, and do their best to motivate everyone towards the goal.

Cons

Health insurance isn't the best, but overall benefits package isn't terrible. Lots of places have worse.

Stryker2019-11-13
  8. "Amazing coworkers, culture, and work-life balance"

Current Employee - R&D Software Applications Engineer in Portage, MI

I have been working at Stryker full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Challenging projects that you can make tangible changes to, because they aren't internet apps, but rather physical medical devices. - Great coworkers... we all have to pass the same personality test, which for better or for worse, means we all get along very well - Work-life balance. I usually get in around 8ish and leave by 5 unless I have a pressing reason to stay. People like to get out and take advantage of the outdoors when it's not winter. - Flexible hours if you need to travel on a friday to visit friends out of town, see a doctor, etc - as long as you're putting in the work - Free onsite gym that's super nice w/showers - Amazing cafeteria in the new Instruments building that opened Oct 2019 - Cheap as heck to live in Michigan so even though you're making less dollars than your friends in CA or NY, your cost of living is a FRACTION of theirs, so you feel pretty rich here.

Cons

- Stryker is still working to consolidate/streamline their software design processes so different teams in the same building could have different version-control instances, etc... but we are getting there! - Because this is medical devices, all updates need to keep FDA and other regulations in mind, so this slows down the software update process compared to internet companies

Stryker2019-11-11
  9. "Great Place to work!!"

Current Employee - Purchasing Coordinator in Kalamazoo, MI

I have been working at Stryker full-time for less than a year

Pros

Awesome work/life balance! Everyone is friendly and helpful! Great management team. They acknowledge your hard work and support ideas and goals.

Cons

Have not come across any.

Continue reading
    Stryker2019-11-10
  10. "Great Company, Great Job, Great People"

Current Employee - Onsite Specialist in Brunswick, GA

I have been working at Stryker full-time for less than a year

Pros

Interview process was very relaxed; interviewer really conveyed his passion for Stryker and his enjoyment working here. Job has provided much autonomy and room to grow. Supervisors and coworkers are very intentional and care about the employees here. They want everyone to progress and move up in your career.

Cons

Being at a solo account can be challenging at times because there aren't any coworkers to rely on if days get busy, or if you are unsure in a certain situation.

Stryker2019-11-11