1. "Great Experience So Far"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Thumbtack full-time for less than a year

Pros

Opportunity to drive significant impact towards a clear and tangible mission. Local services and the gig economy are going to be a huge space in the years to come. Transparency and accessibility of leadership team. CEO/VP of Product will regularly sit in experiment reviews, product reviews, and sometimes even just routine team meetings. Humble and compassionate coworkers. Our recruiting process does a rigorous job in screening for both technical and cultural fit. Ambition and drive to do something that hasn’t been done. It’s been said multiple times, but we’re not trying to make micro adjustments to existing technological solutions. We’re trying to shoot the moon and build something radically different.

Cons

Codebase is nearing on 10 years now, so we need to be more deliberate in how we trade off tech debt with product development.

Continue reading
  1. "Amazing company with lots of growth opportunities!"

Current Employee - Strategy in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Thumbtack full-time for less than a year

Pros

The people are the best. They're kind, smart, and motivated. Everyone I come into contact with is a self starter. There is a lot of opportunity to grow your career here. The company is at an interesting point going from a scrappy start up mode to building the processes to help it scale and mature. It's the perfect time to be here!

Cons

I miss the office! Our office environment was the best from free lunches, casual hallway chatter, and collaborative brainstorm sessions. I miss it all!

Continue reading

Thumbtack Response

Social Media Support Manager

We appreciate your review so much! We really do have the best of the best working here at Thumbtack. Thanks for the support and hard work you provide to the company as we grow. :)

2. "Great place to learn and advance"

I have been working at Thumbtack full-time for less than a year

Pros

Lots of opportunities to take ownership over work and learn from very smart people, great team-oriented culture, big focus on employee resource groups and community building

Cons

Decision making process feels burdensome sometimes, particularly around planning. Seems like there are current efforts to address this though.

Thumbtack Response

Social Media Support Manager

Thank you so much for taking the time to review Thumbtack. We are so glad you see the opportunity to take ownership and grow in your position. We also appreciate the candid feedback on the decision-making process. It's very important to us that everyone at the company has a chance to "Say What You Mean". We're lucky to have you!

Discover more reviews about Thumbtack.