Employee Review

1. 1.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Not a scam but pretty darn close!

Jan 19, 2018 - Insurance Agent in Dallas, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

None that are worth mentioning really. You get to make hundreds and hundreds of phone calls for very few appointments.

Cons

The leads are typically very aged and many never requested anything way of insurance. There is not as much independence and flexibility as they hype. It is 100% commission, there is no salary as many of their ads claim. Training is weak, the spend more time coaching you how to get appointments than on the products. The coverage is not near as good as the want customers to believe, even if you are healthy.

175 people found this review helpful

USHEALTH Advisors Response

Sr. Vice President

Thank you for your comments. I have to admit...as I read through your description...I found myself perplexed by many of your claims. I am personally unaware of any authorized advertisement that mentions a salary. We are open...honest and transparent about the fact that this is a commission-only career opportunity. I'm puzzled about your confusion on that point. Our company provides robust training for all agents...from the home office...and in local offices. While your local office may focus on teaching you how to get appointments (sort of an important skill to have as a sales professional), the company provides intensive training on all products...that are accessible to our agents at any time of their choosing. In fact...our agents must pass a rigorous examination process to certify their full knowledge of our products...BEFORE they are allowed to sell. Speaking of our products...we are very proud of them...and their unique ability to provide tailored coverage that meets the needs of our customers...when they are healthy...and more importantly...allows them to increase their benefits...when they have a serious health condition or accident that requires more coverage than their base plans might provide. I believe I speak for thousands of satisfied customers when I say this - I fail to see how our unique brand of coverage flexibility can be considered anything close...to a scam.

1. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

SELF-EMPLOYED WELCOME TO THE STILL DIVISION!

Sep 15, 2021 - Health Insurance Advisor in Dallas, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Be your own boss, free breakfast and lunch, incentives, prizes, celebrate wins, teamwork, team recognition, high energy, all driven individuals, and excellent leaders at the STILL DIVISION in Dallas, TX. Leaders are focused to help you succeed and mentor you to be your own boss. You need to train, learn and work to succeed just like a business owner. One of the best job opportunities in the US!

Cons

Not a con - Fact is you must have a Self-Employed Mentality

Continue reading
    Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Former employee, never going back

Jun 18, 2017 - Field Sales Leader
    Business Outlook

Pros

As a former agent who started at US Health in 2014 and then advanced high enough to open a top 10 office with over 20 agents I feel I have a lot of valuable information to share with anyone considering a career here. First of all, before I explain why I am never going back, let me say that for new agents thinking about joining the industry, or seasoned agents WILLING TO LEARN, this is probably the best insurance opportunity in America. NO insurance company I have ever worked for prior or since pays as much in commission as USHA and NO insurance company has a product that is as innovative. Also, I'm not going to rehash what everyone else has already said, it is not a 9-5 job and if you are willing to put in the work it WILL pay off. All that being said, your success depends a LOT on your up-line. I am the 5th or 6th manager that has left this particular division. At some point, you would think the company would listen to the complaints from the other agents in this division. Sadly that has not been the case. I have had numerous former agents calling me crying about what the office has become, but unfortunately, they are fairly stuck. My advice for anyone considering a career is to ask for a report from the office, and look for yourself at how many people they have and how well they produce. The best managers have teams with consistent sales. Choose one of those, otherwise you WILL regret your time here. Choose the right office and this job WILL CHANGE YOUR LIFE.

Cons

Unless you are a great self-starter and at the top 1% of the game, you will fail unless you choose the right team.

416 people found this review helpful

USHEALTH Advisors Response

Sr. Vice President

Thank you for your comments regarding USHEALTH Advisors. If you'd care to share your insights further, I'd like to gain more perspective on the issues you raised. Please email me directly. bill.shelton@ushadvisors.com. UPDATE: I'm happy to report that this individual did reach out to me. We had a very positive conversation that resulted in a subsequent posting here on Glassdoor. To get the rest of the story, please see the July 25th posting entitled "I am really impressed".

Discover more reviews about USHEALTH Advisors.