UnitedHealth Group - My experience at OptumRx | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for UnitedHealth Group

"My experience at OptumRx"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in San Diego, CA
Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in San Diego, CA

I have been working at UnitedHealth Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Quarterly performance bonuses. Good fit if you enjoy being very busy all day. Job security.

Cons

A lot of passing the buck and if the next person does not do their part can fall on you. Poor training. Overall very low moral. Performance matrix that makes it almost impossible to provide proper customer care and meet your numbers. Right hand does not know what the left hand is doing. Lack of support from management. High turn over and a lot of mandatory overtime

Advice to Management

Support your employees, if something is not working take the time to fix it. Favoritism needs to stop. Take the time to update staff of changes and why these changes are happening.

Other Employee Reviews for UnitedHealth Group

"George Orwell is alive and well"

Former Employee - Social Worker in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Social Worker in New York, NY

I worked at UnitedHealth Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Salary and benefits were desent

Cons

No room for creative thought. The people who do well here are people who would do well in a "Stepford Wives" world.

Advice to Management

You manage to hire some really wonderful people, listen to them, and treat them with respect.

"terrible"

Current Employee - Health Advisor
    Current Employee - Health Advisor

I have been working at UnitedHealth Group full-time

Pros

i got out alive. yes.

Cons

i really do not know where to start with uhg. there is so much that is wrong about the health advisor model, and the lack of communication from supervisors and upper management. there is no team work, even though uhc tries to implement that. you don't get the sense that you work on a team because most health advisors on the team don't even know what they are doing, or they just don't care. the job aids and the sops are relatively simple to read but the amount of information that you have to sift through on a call that is only supposed to last 3-4 minutes is ridiculous. the health benefits offered to us suck, ironic. the micromanagement was all too stressful. 24/7 monitoring of what you are doing at all times was and will always be overwhelming. like, hey i need to take a bathroom break -but wait my break isn't until another 2 hours? I'M NOT A DAMN ROBOT!

they recently just released their compassion model which......is a JOKE. how do you expect health advisors to have compassion 24/7 when there really is no compassion shown to health advisors? "thank you for calling mbr services, to whom do i have the pleasure of speaking with?" is your opening and "was there anything else that i could help you with? were you satisfied with your services you received today?" is your closing. keep in mind , THATS MANDATORY and a QUALITY SCORE! So if you don't say your opening or closing your quality goes down. How do you measure compassion? HOW!? This is the most outrageous, ridiculous thing I have ever heard or been exposed to. we are the frontline, yet we are treated like robots and numbers. where is the compassion UHC?! TERRIBLE TERRIBLE place to work for. I would RUNNNNNN if you ever get a referral to work as a CSR or "heath advisor." If your quality isnt on par your metrics aren't being met which can affect your raise/bonus and shift bid. again, TERRIBLE and RUN. NOW.
    I lived everyday with excessive stress and anxiety when i worked here. That only peaked when there was mandatory overtime, which can last up to 6 months. basically what that means is that you will be rotting away at your cube talking to dissatisfied UHC members because nothing is streamlined in UHC! no communication between other departments (claims, notfications, etc) not to mention the notes left in auto doc or claims are impossible to read and understand unless you are the actual person who left the notes.
     the micromanagement, mandatory overtime, no real direction, just about everything about this job was terrible

I felt like i gained my life back when i left. And it was quite possibly the best thing that I could have done for the sake of my mental state.

I would not and could not recommend this health advisor to anyone until UHC starts to treat the frontline a lot better.

Advice to Management

train csr's on actual QUALITY as opposed to "Compassion." so many agents have no idea what they are talking about and its scary to know that real people rely on these agents for their health benefits and claims information. disgusting.