UnitedHealth Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

UnitedHealth Group Interview Questions

Updated Apr 20, 2018
2,563 Interview Reviews

2.7

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Interview

Interview process is pretty standard. Asking behavioral based questions. These are questions about situations that include where you were employed, what the situation was, how you handlers it, what you did to get there and the outcome. Pretty standard. Then a few personality questions and a couple things off of my resume.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that made you question your fairness or ethics.   5 Answers

Data Entry Interview

Interview

The interview process consists of a phone interview with a recruiter. Which basically goes over your resume. If you selected you will meet with the hiring manager with the department you applied for . And if selected you will get an offer

Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Colorado Springs, CO) in April 2018.

Interview

A couple days after submitted resume I received a call back. A phone interview is done over the phone. If pass an inperson interview is given. Arrived early to interview. Noticed the atmosphere was not very pleasant because while waiting to be interviewed a couple of individuals came in and I smiled and said hi and they didnt smile back. They gave me this unpleasant look. Come to find out these were the individuals that would be interviewing. During the interview the job description was given with benefits but it was stressed how hard the job was and was asked did this job scare you off. I went through the interview anyway till the end. However, I could tell that I didnt stand a chance in being selected. Seems like to me this is the type of job where you will have to be buddies and the hangout gossip type. The atmosphere seems like it would be horrible to work in and you would be overworked and underappreciated and the pay is not even enough for the type of tasks you would be given. Every job has its challenges that is not a reason to not want to work in this position just because its hard. Just seems like I was pre-judged before I was even interviewed. This would be a company I would not want to work for and wouldn't have the confidence that you can grow.

Pharmacy Customer Intake Interview

Anonymous Employee in Naperville, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Naperville, IL) in April 2018.

Interview

Applied online, week later took assessments, then had a phone interview, next day had an interview with the manager. He took me on a tour of the call center. Explained the job in great detail.

Nurse Practitioner Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in April 2018.

Interview

I received a email approximately one month after I applied. I agreed to a phone interview. I was interviewed by a recruiter. I was told the information with be sent to hiring manager. And if he is interested she will notify me in a week or two. After the interview she sent me the benefit package to review.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in April 2018.

Interview

The UHG recruiter mistakenly mixed me up with someone else who has the same first name. She did this not once, but twice. Due to that, the hiring manager and I missed each other completely, and we had to reschedule. The interview (which was more of a phone screen) was rushed. It was 30 minutes instead of the full hour that was scheduled. It's clear they were trying to get through a huge list of candidates as quickly as possible. They didn't want to discuss my background too extensively, and just wanted to focus on three cookie cutter vulnerability questions. I felt I did ok on them, but not perfect. Received the canned thanks but no thanks email only a day later, and I'm actually glad I did. The environment sounds like your typical 24/7 IT sweatshop, including on-call and offshore resources in India. Good luck with that! I'm employed and making well over six figures anyway guys, and my current job isn't too bad (US employees only). UHG's recruiting and interview process is a total joke, and on top of that, insulting.

Interview Questions

• Describe what a crosssite scripting (XSS) vulnerability is, and what you can do to mitigate it.   Answer Question

Customer Service Advocate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Las Vegas, NV) in March 2018.

Interview

Applied online, completed the online assessment. Phone interview went well and recruiter set up the next interview. Face-to-face interview was very to-the-point and laid-back. The interviews said to expect a call within two weeks. After a week I e-mailed my recruiter to see if I was still being considered, and 20 minutes later she called me with an offer and information about the drug test.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time when you took personal ownership of a customer's problem?   Answer Question

Provider Data Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Greensboro, NC) in March 2018.

Interview

Smooth process. Submitted app online, completed an online assessment .....a few weeks later I was called and advised I would be doing a phone interview a few days later. Very nice person did the phone interview and advised on the spot they were recommending me for a face to face interview. A week later I did the in person interview and was well received. Got the offer the next day.

Senior Pharmacy Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (San Antonio, TX) in March 2018.

Interview

Process took about a week. 1st interview otp cover initial screening and basic questions regarding rating computer skills, and job work history. 2nd interview in person two people very simple behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Name a situation when you resolved a patient’s issue when initially dissatisfied   Answer Question

Business Operations Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minnetonka, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Minnetonka, MN) in March 2018.

Interview

I applied online and got a call from the recruiter asking me if I was still interested and she conducted a brief 10 minute interview. 3 Weeks later I received a call from another recruiter asking me schedule a time to do a one hour phone interview with hiring manager in another state. I then was schedule to do another phone interview with her peer in also in another state. Then I was invited onsite to speak with the lead and some other people in the office. All this in one week. I was then offered the position a day later.
    Overall it was a positive experience.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you disagreed with co-worker or leader and how you deal with it   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you handled a stressful situation at work   Answer Question