UnitedHealth Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2,699 Interview Reviews

2.7

Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Concord, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Concord, NC) in April 2011.

Interview

Online application; two interviews; very predicable questions, including best assets/worst habits or characteristics, etc. First interview is with general HR member, then second interview is with coach/supervisor of account specifically applied. The questions on the second interview become more geared to that account with some hypotheticals on different situations. Second interview may be with one or two managers.

Interview Questions

• For the sales position interview, I was given a common object and instructed to make an impromptu sales pitch giving all details and advantages of the object. My object was an ink pen.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation at this level.

Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Irving, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

They kept me waiting for over 2 hrs to go into the interview room apparently they had a lot of people interviewing HOWEVER after I went in and had the interview which was very basic gave scenarios of my work experience and answer what would yuo do type of questions, they offer me a higher pay position than what I had applied for and im talking 4 dollars per Hr higher pay.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a coworker steals and you see him?   1 Answer

Community Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Interview

Long and no call back. Long disorganized phone interview. Waiting to hear back but no calls and they don't respond to email. I'm not sure what else to say to get to 50 words. Hope this is ok. And now I sit and wait for a call back but have not received one. Hoping soon they will call.

Corporate Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

Submitted resume and was called in for an interview with HR Manager. First interview went well. Then came in for a second meeting with HR Manager, met the team and was given a tour of the building. Later offered the position. Interview process was not that difficult. Building was beautiful and well kept.

Interview Questions

• Why do you feel that you are qualified for the position?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiations are possible on the salary level.

Contract Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Detroit, MI) in October 2014.

Interview

First I had a phone interview where I briefly discussed my qualifications and my interest in the job on a broad basis. I was asked at this point what my salary expectation was. A few days later I was asked to complete a video interview where I was asked some knowledge and behavioral questions, and my responses were recorded and sent to the hiring team. I was later thanked specifically for completing that video. I was then called in for an in person interview where I spent over an hour discussing a great deal of matters, from past education and experience, to expectations of the job, to future goals. It was very conversational and felt like I was getting to know the hiring team personally. About a week later I was asked to come in for one more interview. At that interview we discussed my interest in the job and what motivated me. I believe this interview was more informational for me so that I could be sure that the position I was applying for would work for me. About a week or two later I received an email from HR with a conditional offer (drug test). A few days later I received a phone call to negotiate salary and it was final. Next I had a call with the hiring team to determine start date.

Interview Questions

• Your past experience is all over the board. What motivates you?   1 Answer

Contract Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Albuquerque, NM).

Interview

Hiring process was great. Started off with a phone interview and then an in person meeting with the local contracting team. The phone interview was conducted by the VP and the Director, both who live and work out of Colorado.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They accepted my offer and there was no need for negotiation.

Contractor Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in February 2015.

Interview

Questions to review technical work history; only general questions were asked and none of the interviewers was knowledgeable on the technical subject matter to ask me those questions. Interviewers were friendly and courteous.

Interview Questions

• What kind of projects did you work on?   1 Answer

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Minneapolis, MN) in June 2016.

Interview

There were two parts. The first was an online questionnaire conducted through UHG's employment website. The second was a video interview also conducted through the website, which the candidate had to complete within five days of receiving the email informing him or her of such. There was no human contact with a company representative during either phase.

Interview Questions

• The online questionnaire asked questions designed to see if the candidate fit UHG's overall culture and philosophy. The video interview focused on how the candidate handles work situations, what he or she considers his or her greatest achievements and challenges, etc. The candidate is encouraged to let his or her personality "shine."   1 Answer

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Minneapolis, MN) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied and few days later received invite to 6 question video interview; less than week later invite to phone interview with recruiter. This was a very brief interview where she was just confirming experience and required education. She was typing while I was an swerving, very distracting. They set up hiring manager interview at same time as they set up recruiter interview. The hiring manager interview was comfortable, behavior based. She didn't go into specifics of job, just the department. Was told she was interviewing 7 candidates. The next step was the attorney interview which I wasn't called for. I'm sure most feel like they did well but I was really bummed, sounded like a great position and department. It's been over a month since my last interview and I had followed up several times about my status. My online status finally switched to "no longer under consideration" but never received email.

Patient Advocate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minnetonka, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Minnetonka, MN) in October 2015.

Interview

3 interviews lots of standard questions - The total process took about 3 weeks. I was offered the next interview at the end of each one. They asked a lot about keeping calm and how to handle upset patients that call in.

Interview Questions

• Are you good with listening to people and being calm   1 Answer