UnitedHealth Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

UnitedHealth Group Interview Questions

Updated Jan 18, 2018
2,504 Interview Reviews

2.7

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Interview

Interview process is pretty standard. Asking behavioral based questions. These are questions about situations that include where you were employed, what the situation was, how you handlers it, what you did to get there and the outcome. Pretty standard. Then a few personality questions and a couple things off of my resume.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that made you question your fairness or ethics.   5 Answers

Pharmacy Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Tampa, FL).

Interview

$15-hour call-center job. Non-negotiable. I do NOT recommend this company.

The call came from a person in the Philippeans who conducted the interview & sounded like they were reading from a script, monotone voice and not friendly. Very robotic.

If that's the first impression UHC gives, then that is how they treat their employees (like a number).

High quality employers who want to hire top talent do their best to make a positive impression and engage the prospect. UHC just wants robots on the phones.

Interview Questions

• This position starts at $15/hour, are you okay with that?   1 Answer

Customer Care Advocate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Miami, FL).

Interview

Applied online, spoke with a recruiter about job requirements. If you pass you will meet with the hiring manager. The phone interview was good and direct to the point i terms of pay and job reaponsiblity. Was given a call by Ed Gateva (recruitment manager) as he wanted to schedule a face to face interview with manager. I asked if we can reschedule it because i was traveling for the holidays. He agreed and said he would give me a call back. Never got a call back so ive left several voicemails and have yet to hear back. Very sad because I think i was perfect for the job but due to lack of communication on his end was unable to interview to get the job.

Hospice Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in King of Prussia, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (King of Prussia, PA).

Interview

Must have a strong passion for nursing and caring for the whole person. Be honest and confident in the process. It took about 2-3 weeks before I started work but got an offer letter within one week. Best place I’ve ever worked at as a nurse.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time where you broke the rules or had to deviate from company policy for the good of the patient.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Columbus, OH).

Interview

This was an initial phone interview, it was not, face to face. Overall while it was simple back and forth questions, it was what I would consider lengthy at about 45 minutes.

RN Case Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in December 2017.

Interview

Applied on a Sunday afternoon, on Monday at 7:30 received request for digital interview. I completed the interview within the 48 hour recommendation. A recruiter set up a telephonic interview the following Tuesday. On Thursday, I interviewed (telephonic) with the hiring manager. An offer was extended by end of business. The recruiter and manager were highly engaging and informative. Honestly, it was a seamless.

Interview Questions

• Tell about a time you overcame adversity to keep a promise?   Answer Question

Clinical Administrative Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Remote, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Remote, OR) in December 2017.

Interview

It’s a lengthy and thorough process but worth it!

- Apply online and track your status in the portal.
    - If you meet the qualifications, you’ll take two assessments; a UHG intro one and a Windows one.
    - If you do well on the assessment, a screening recruiter will contact you for a 15-20 minute qualification verification.
    - If you meet the recruiters assessment, they will refer you for an interview with the hiring manager. My recruiter told me he would refer me, but they may be cautious with making promises.
    - Another recruiter contacts you to set up the actual interview. This job was telecommute so my interview was via phone. I’ve heard some are WebEx and most are in person.
    - The main interview is about an hour. Mine ran a little long because we were chatty. Mostly behavioral and them telling you all about the job. Really fun and interesting stuff.
    - The hiring manager will tell you what the timeline is if you ask. For my interview, the decision was made the next day.
    - Waiting. It took two weeks for basic qualification verification but then I received a call with the offer.
    - The offer was great and didn’t need to negotiate. My role is in a unit I’ve worked in before so I was given the high end of the range.
    - Background and drug screen. This moves pretty quickly. They verify education before sending you the drug screen info. Drug screen is two business days to complete. I scheduled mine within 24 hours.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you resolved a complex issue that required you to go the extra mile.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you faved an ethical dilemma and how you resolved it.   Answer Question
    • What is your level of proficiency in computers?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Interview

first you apply online then take a test, you have a phone interview after that The person who conducted the interview sounded like they were reading from a script, monotone voice and not at all friendly

Interview Questions

• When was a time you were emotional but had to control it,   Answer Question

Certified Pharmacy Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sugar Land, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Sugar Land, TX) in December 2017.

Interview

Applied online for CPhT call center job for OptumRx in Sugar Land, TX. Application required Rx based competency test on data entry, correct dose calculations, drug look-a-like/generic & sig codes. Recruiter called me 40 mins after I submitted the application to schedule a phone interview.
    Phone interviewer explained salary & schedule expectations verified I could commit to the hours and then focused on behavioral questions (40 minutes). THIS is the chance to talk about money NOT at the in-person interview. Recruiter said she’d forward a recommendation to the Hiring Managers for face-to-face interview.
    In person interview with two people in conference room. It wasn't an intimidating vibe, instead, it was conversational; focused on what the culture was like, training & how your placed in an area in production based on how you do in training; they also explored opportunities for growth, enthusiasm for prospective candidates. They were honest about the heavy workload & stress the job would entail. Tardiness will NOT be tolerated. If you're a late person move along on your job search. LOTS of behavioral questions. Many opportunities to talk about my skill set & experience. Data entry focused, KPI & performance metrics were emphasized. Interacting with frustrated (heated) customers is to be expected, you need to be able to be compassionate & deescalate. (40 - 45 minutes, business professional dress)
     I was offered the job the next day, then consent to full background check, including past employment and education verification as well as drug testing at a diagnostics site local to me. Four days from start of application, phone interview and face to face and job offer.
    *TIPS*Be prepared! Use your resources to KNOW THE COMPANY-- the email they send with company info, UHG Careers on YouTube has many company culture and position specific video I used and incorporated in my responses. Prepare you behavioral question responses- the event that happened, your response and the outcome! Be calm, confident, humble, honest, and ASK QUESTIONS! I left the interview feeling like if I commit to them they will invest in me.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself and what motivated you to apply with UnitedHealth Group   Answer Question
    • What's your weakness and how do you over come it   Answer Question
    • Tell about a time you dealt with a particularly frustrated customer and how you handled the situation   Answer Question
    • Tell about a situation where you've had to or knew a co-worker to consider compromising honesty or integrity on the job   Answer Question
    • How often was your performance evaluated on your previous job? How do you respond to criticism or coaching?   Answer Question
    • Is there anything going on in your life that would prevent you from being to work on time or cause you to call in?   Answer Question
    • What do you do when there is "nothing to do"   Answer Question
    • How have you dealt with tension in the work place?   Answer Question
    • Why do you think you're a good fit for this position?   Answer Question
    • Can you commit to overtime and an occasional Saturday shift?   Answer Question
    • Why did you leave your last job   Answer Question
    • Do you prefer to work in a team or independtly   Answer Question

Claims Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in December 2017.

Interview

After receiving a call to set up a phone interview, I received a call on morning at the time arranged to talk. Right off the bat I could tell the connection was bad but proceeded with the dialog, I had to continually ask for a repeat of the question or comment. Further it was impossible to establish any rapport with the interviewer. The total conversation ran about 35-40 minutes. As soon as I got off the phone I knew there was no 'connection.' And 48 hours later I received the Dear John email...
    One of the worst interview experiences I have ever had!

Interview Questions

• What is an additional task you have been asked to perform and how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • What has been a recent business success?   Answer Question
    • What were your job duties at (previous job)?   Answer Question