UnitedHealth Group Interview Questions

Updated Jan 19, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 3,903 of over 3,903.0 interviews

Campus Recruiting9%
2.7
HardAverageEasy

UnitedHealth Group

Application

I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group

Interview

Video-heavy and no telephone discussions, particularly in light of the pandemic. Several rounds meeting with senior leadership which was expected. That’s really all that needs to be said on a GD platform

Interview Questions
  • **CANDIDATES, BEWARE!!!** The Interview process wasn't the issue; it was the UNFORGETTABLE offer experience at the end, when I was clearly the last candidate standing. A Fortune 10 - I repeat Fortune 10 - company who can easily afford to compensate top talent at market rate...couldn't even offer a competitive salary, or sign-on bonus, or 6-month review in lieu of bonus, or mgmt bonus until 2 YEARS down the road. In fact, this company couldn't - wouldn't - negotiate at all (what company worth their salt offers ANYONE a sophisticated position without expecting SOME kind of negotiation?) Their reason for being sooo hinky: "Internal Equity" issues. They blamed their inability to negotiate with candidates on their current workforce. To add insult to their own brand injury, the HR recruiter had the audacity to rebuke me for reaching out to the would-be HM to seek clarity on the very bizarre job offer email and non-negotiating. "You go through ME", they said. How odd, since the HM was the actual boss - NOT this unprofessional HR person who "thought" they were higher than the HM. I shared this shocking news with some career experts. Their response: "You were wise to RUN from that company". Shame on UHG for condoning such a horrible candidate experience. If you want to attract talent to find their "Life's Best Work", perhaps you should first pitch top candidates YOUR best offer package.
    Answer Question
136 people found this interview helpful

UnitedHealth Group

Application

I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group

Interview

I found the job posting on LI, which included the LI estimated pay range and the pay range provided by the company for certain states. I applied and the next day received an invitation to do a HireVue video screening, which is more of a performance than an interview and stressful even as a usually confident interviewee. I submitted it and a few days later I got an email asking for my availability to interview with the hiring manager. We scheduled it for a week out. In between, a recruiter called me out of nowhere and asked me for a salary range. I had put negotiable in my application, which was true. I was surprised and asked her to give me their range, which she said she couldn't do and talked around how it's so large a range that it wouldn't be helpful and again asked my target. So I gave her a number at the top of the range they'd shared for residents of CO. She said we're probably too far apart and that I should be pulled from this one and then proceeded to tell me the exact number the hiring manager is targeting that she had previously said she couldn't share and then tried to tell me that LI ranges are auto-generated and unreliable. I had to direct her to her own job description to see that it was supplied by them and ask if they're misrepresenting their salary ranges? She said she's not able to make any changes about the salary ranges posted and that she hopes this doesn't sour me on continuing to apply to the company because they're a Fortune 100 major employer. But honestly, if they don't have any feedback mechanisms to listen to their people (i.e., act on her feedback that the range they provide is not even close to accurate -- a 50K difference) then maybe the company culture isn't that great either.

Interview Questions
  • Pretty typical "give example of when you" behavior questions
1 person found this interview helpful

What people are saying about UnitedHealth Group

Join the conversation on

Healthcare Consultants

1y

works at

UnitedHealth Group

I have worked at UHG for a number of years. Both as a management consultant with an Optum advisory services and on the UHC side in a more of a traditional business role. Considering a move to IBM Watson health as a client executive. Wondering if anyone has had experiences within both companies and can provide any insight to help me make this decision.

9 Comments

Join the conversation on

UnitedHealth Group

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group

Interview

Beware of company. They lead you on about getting the job offer, and then ghost you for weeks, just to deliver a generic rejection letter. No explanation. HR is highly unorganized.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

UnitedHealth Group

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group

Interview

UHG never follows up with applicants. Can’t even email you to say you didn’t get the job. I had to look back on my application to see that they were no longer accepting applicants. They ask some easy questions as well as some hard ones.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time you anticipated a problem that you were going to have to face. How did you anticipate this problem? What did you do? What did you learn?

UnitedHealth Group

Application

I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group

Interview

It was very relaxed. There was one person and he was very personable. Great company and great benefits. would recommend to anyone thinking about working for this company in the future absolutely

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

UnitedHealth Group

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group

Interview

The interview process is quite unique in that I have never seen one done this way. It's rigorous. It's time consuming, but convenient and has more pros than cons. If you are serious about snagging a job for this company, you will put in the time.

Interview Questions
  • How does your background experience make you a good candidate for this role?

UnitedHealth Group

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group

Interview

Simple process starting with some online questions then going to a video/phone interview. After that they called back to discuss expectations and other factors. Overall one of the few companies who put in more effort for hiring instead of just letting the filters do it during covid.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

UnitedHealth Group

Application

I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group

Interview

First round - Behavioral (3-5 questions) Second round - Small coding assessment Final Round - One-on-one interview with software engineer. Overall, not too bad. The coding assessment was easy, nothing to worry about.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

UnitedHealth Group

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group

Interview

applied online first, then got an email about a week later asking for a digital interview, and after that heard back from them about a week later, overall positive experience.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

UnitedHealth Group

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group

Interview

The initial screening was great and HR rep was friendly. Next step was video interview, there were two interviewers but just one asking questions, this interviewer was unfriendly and seemed in a rush. She only asked me two situational questions and nothing regarding my experience. Every question that I asked they couldn't provide an answer for.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 3,903 Interviews