UnitedHealth Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

UnitedHealth Group Interview Questions

Updated May 26, 2017
2,288 Interview Reviews

2.7

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Interview

Interview process is pretty standard. Asking behavioral based questions. These are questions about situations that include where you were employed, what the situation was, how you handlers it, what you did to get there and the outcome. Pretty standard. Then a few personality questions and a couple things off of my resume.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that made you question your fairness or ethics.   2 Answers

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Minneapolis, MN) in March 2015.

Interview

Getting a job at United Health Group is a long process, but it can be done, so if you're interested in working here, don't give up.

I applied online to a ton of open positions - they have dozens of open project management positions at any given time. For one of these positions, I received an email from UHG recruiting inviting me to a digital interview (this email went to my spam folder in Gmail, so CHECK THE SPAM!!!). Upon receipt of the email, you have 48 hours to complete the interview.

The digital interview is awkward. I'm lucky enough in that I have a new desktop Mac with a webcam. This whole process would be tough to do on a tablet or smartphone.

I thought I royally screwed the digital interview up, as I stumbled on my answers and didn't think I was articulate enough. It's very awkward talking to yourself. Keep in mind though, most of the other candidates also think it's awkward, so if you blunder through some of the questions, don't fret too much. And SMILE!

The questions are pretty easy -- very basic interview questions ("Tell me why you want to work here" "describe one of the projects you managed") and there's only 5 of them but again, it's awkward! Make sure you dress up (I work my suit) and be mindful of any background clutter.

Apparently they liked me enough to proceed to the next round. The next round consisted of two phone interviews -- one with HR and one with the hiring manager. My hiring manager was located across the country, so there would be no in-person with her. The hiring manager didn't ask me any silly interview questions - it was just a conversation about my skills. Again, I thought I bombed it, but I must've done well, as about a week and a half later, I was invited for an in-person interview with two team members.

The in-person was a breeze. It didn't seem like an interview. I just had a conversation with two team members on-site, about what I'd be working on when I initially start the role. I knew I had the job when I left, as one of the team members said he would start the process with HR that afternoon.

The next day, I had an offer from the UHG recruiter by phone. They make an offer, and THEN they do the paperwork after you accept -- it's background check by an outside firm and a drug test (pee in a cup).

All in all, this whole process took about 2.5-3 months, from initial online app to my start date. It's a long process, but it's a huge company and if you want to work here, keep applying.

Interview Questions

• Why are you leaving your current position   8 Answers

UnitedHealth Group Response

Jan 26, 2017 – Enterprise Talent Community Manager

Thank you so much for your comments. It is great to hear your feedback. Sincerely, Erika Cassidy, Talent Community Manager, UnitedHealth Group

Cs Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Interview

Easy peasy lemon squeezy. Just answer how you think they want you to answer the question...and you'll get the job. Just like any other interview. Sell yourself. Get the job. Period. Make up any scenario for the questions they ask.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Interview

There was a phone interview that lasted around 30 mins. The second interview was in person with 2 managers. Tey were both very pleasant. It was a very positive experience.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you would handle a difficult situation with a manager?   Answer Question

Clinical Administrative Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Las Vegas, NV) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied online at UHG career site on a Friday, that Monday to fill out an assessment for Microsoft Window 7 and a Behavioral questionnaire about six days later I get an email stating they want to set up a phone interview, On my phone interview it was very quick was asked just about my previous background, and then told the start date and expected pay, was told my information will then be passed to the Hiring manager and if I don't hear anything in a week I was told to notified my recruiter, I got the call six days later to come in for a face to face interview the next day, I then had an interview with the department manager, Team Lead, Clinical Supervisor. Finally got the call two days later!!!!! One thing I can say it UHG is a very hard company to get into but once you do it was worth the wait!!!!

Interview Questions

• Tell me what you would do if you seen a familiar policy that you know is not being done correctly, and your team lead tells you to ignore it and just do it the wrong way, what would your next step be if you absolutely know they are wrong?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Kingston, NY

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Kingston, NY).

Interview

it's through an outsourced company based in India. You do not meet anyone until you are interviewed. It's all done by phone and email. You send your resume, wait months then they call you to set up a skills test.

Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

Completed two phone interviews for telecommute position. Standard interview questions. Past work experience, behavioral situations, etc. Hiring manager was pleasant and very informative of the position. Still pending a response, hopeful to hear back soon.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation that you helped make a customer happy   Answer Question

Solution Acrhitect Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Interview

Video chat to yourself - ick. They have answer questions into your webcam and then after the contracting HR person reviews they may forward to hiring manager if you are likely fit. Then you do a group phone interview with several people from the department and the manager. If they like that interview you finally come in for face-to-face interviews. That was four interviews and took five hours.

Interview Questions

• NDA does not permit me to share questions.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Interview process was very simple and did through a hirevue webcam.. Basically interview was done by webcam in which potential employees were asked 5-6 basic simple questions.. No in person interview just all online with webcam and phone interview

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you experienced a irate customer and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Interview

After filling out the application and taking the online assessment, I received a phone call from a recruiter wanting to set up a phone interview. Phone interview went well which let to an in person interview with the hiring manager. Next day following the in person interview, a contingent offer was made through talent acquisition

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had to be very accurate. What did you do and what was the outcome?   Answer Question