UnitedHealth Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

UnitedHealth Group Interview Questions

Updated Jun 23, 2017
2,319 Interview Reviews

2.7

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Interview

Interview process is pretty standard. Asking behavioral based questions. These are questions about situations that include where you were employed, what the situation was, how you handlers it, what you did to get there and the outcome. Pretty standard. Then a few personality questions and a couple things off of my resume.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that made you question your fairness or ethics.   2 Answers

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Interview

There was a phone interview that lasted around 30 mins. The second interview was in person with 2 managers. Tey were both very pleasant. It was a very positive experience.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you would handle a difficult situation with a manager?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Interview

Applicants apply online and participant in a self-guided recorded video interview online for the first round. There is a screening call following and a very structured telephone interview for the second round.

Interview Questions

• Provide an example of a challenge you faced and how you overcame it.   Answer Question

Claims Representative Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Baton Rouge, LA) in June 2017.

Interview

Phone interview for 30 mins then in person in person interview lasted 30 mins. Some behavioral questions and about your dependability and loyalty. It is a fast process and easy interview. Training will be 16 weeks with 100% attendance yikes lol...

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to be truthful to a customer   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Dallas, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

Very unprofessional. When I walked in I was politely greeted by the receptionist. I saw the room that my interview was being held in and I saw the woman that had a interview before me walk out of the room. When the interviewer walked back into the room after the woman left she began to talk down about the woman she interviewed to the other woman who was also holding the interviews with her over the phone. The receptionist heard her talking down about the woman also so she tried to start a conversation with me so I wouldn't hear the interviewer talking in the other room but she was so loud over the phone that I still heard her. If this company wants to be professional they need to have a more professional hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• Same questions as the phone interview.
      -Why UnitedHealth Group?
      -What's your previous work history?
      Answer Question

Claims Associate Processor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Albuquerque, NM).

Interview

You spend a bunch of time submitting resumes , cover letters, and applications. Then you take a ton of assessments. You then wait for some third-party recruiting firm to randomly pull your application and set up an over-the-phone interview. You then cross your fingers that the idiot on the line makes the right decision and sends you to a face-to-face interview with someone in the office that you will work if you get hired (I applied and did phone interviews at least 5 times before getting a face-to-face). If the face-to-face interview goes well, they submit your file back to the recruiting firm and they make the final decision. I got hires as a back-up. The only reason I got a chance is because one of their first choices backed out before training started. After about a year and a half, I'm one of the only people in my training class left and I promoted about almost all of the remaining. Goes to show how effective recruiting firms are🙄

Interview Questions

• They ask behavioral questions exsclusively. I've done a lot of interviews with them and one of their favorites is:
      Tell me about a time that your supervisor did something unethical and what you did about it.
      1 Answer

Clinical Appeals Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Frisco, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Frisco, TX).

Interview

I applied online and about a week later I received a call from a recruiter to schedule a 10 minute "Phone Screen" for the same day. She called and went over application information, position requirements, and qualifications listed in the job posting.

She let me know the next steps will be to let a hiring manager review my file and schedule a second 1x1 interview. That process should take 1-2 weeks. Its normal for UHG to have a long, drawn out hiring process. Will update when final decisions are made.

Manager Interview

Interview

Video process for the HR staff. Lacked any probative value or on skills or background. Just seemed like another way to avoid finding the right candidate. Makes for Lazy recruiters

Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Minneapolis, MN) in June 2017.

Interview

I was instructed to ask for Brenda. Instead, I met with Jill, and the only reason I knew that was from her badge. She went through 10 closed ended questions then called for the next candidate. There wasn't any separation from the other candidates -- we were visiting in the lobby -- and there was not a conference room reserved for the interview. Overall, it was a waste of time.

RN Field Case Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, DE

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Newark, DE) in June 2017.

Interview

I interviewed 3 different times for a case management position in UHG. With my last interview I was offered the position after leaving the face to face interview with manger and two coworkers. Waited 6 days did the uds and tb spot. Over the course of two weeks the background screening was being performed and once everything was complete I received a email from talent and acquisition saying everything was completed and I am hired.

Interview Questions

• Name a situation you were in that was immoral or unjust.   Answer Question