UnitedHealth Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2,196 Interview Reviews

2.7

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Minneapolis, MN) in March 2015.

Interview

Getting a job at United Health Group is a long process, but it can be done, so if you're interested in working here, don't give up.

I applied online to a ton of open positions - they have dozens of open project management positions at any given time. For one of these positions, I received an email from UHG recruiting inviting me to a digital interview (this email went to my spam folder in Gmail, so CHECK THE SPAM!!!). Upon receipt of the email, you have 48 hours to complete the interview.

The digital interview is awkward. I'm lucky enough in that I have a new desktop Mac with a webcam. This whole process would be tough to do on a tablet or smartphone.

I thought I royally screwed the digital interview up, as I stumbled on my answers and didn't think I was articulate enough. It's very awkward talking to yourself. Keep in mind though, most of the other candidates also think it's awkward, so if you blunder through some of the questions, don't fret too much. And SMILE!

The questions are pretty easy -- very basic interview questions ("Tell me why you want to work here" "describe one of the projects you managed") and there's only 5 of them but again, it's awkward! Make sure you dress up (I work my suit) and be mindful of any background clutter.

Apparently they liked me enough to proceed to the next round. The next round consisted of two phone interviews -- one with HR and one with the hiring manager. My hiring manager was located across the country, so there would be no in-person with her. The hiring manager didn't ask me any silly interview questions - it was just a conversation about my skills. Again, I thought I bombed it, but I must've done well, as about a week and a half later, I was invited for an in-person interview with two team members.

The in-person was a breeze. It didn't seem like an interview. I just had a conversation with two team members on-site, about what I'd be working on when I initially start the role. I knew I had the job when I left, as one of the team members said he would start the process with HR that afternoon.

The next day, I had an offer from the UHG recruiter by phone. They make an offer, and THEN they do the paperwork after you accept -- it's background check by an outside firm and a drug test (pee in a cup).

All in all, this whole process took about 2.5-3 months, from initial online app to my start date. It's a long process, but it's a huge company and if you want to work here, keep applying.

Interview Questions

• Why are you leaving your current position   8 Answers

UnitedHealth Group Response

Jan 26, 2017 – Enterprise Talent Community Manager

Thank you so much for your comments. It is great to hear your feedback. Sincerely, Erika Cassidy, Talent Community Manager, UnitedHealth Group

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Interview

Interview process is pretty standard. Asking behavioral based questions. These are questions about situations that include where you were employed, what the situation was, how you handlers it, what you did to get there and the outcome. Pretty standard. Then a few personality questions and a couple things off of my resume.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that made you question your fairness or ethics.   Answer Question

Benefit Advocate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Eden Prairie, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Eden Prairie, MN).

Interview

1. Phone Screen 2. In person Interview-( here they basically go through your background, ask you situational questions where you have to give examples from your past to show how you dealt with a certain situation or problem) 3. Background Check 4. Drug Screen

Interview Questions

• The basically go through your background and see if you are comfortable working at a call center.   Answer Question

Client Services Interview

Interview

It was your typical initial phone call, and if you pass that, then I went into the office to meet with the management team. Depending upon the number of applicants, and the urgency of filling the position, they may call you within that week with an offer.

Interview Questions

• One of the questions which is common, is how do I give difficult news to the requestor.   Answer Question

Interview

very simple and down to earth interview. Starts with a phone interview. Very basic questions and then you are moved on to the face-to-face. Which was also very smooth. The interviewer was very enthusiastic and down to earth. The same day of the interview I was offer the position but as an alternate.

Client Service Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rocky Hill, CT

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Rocky Hill, CT).

Interview

My college department head was contacted by the alum hiring manager, I was recommended for the job. After a phone interview with a corporate recruiter who didn't know much about the actual job, I had an on site interview with multiple members of the team.

Interview Questions

• I had to analyze sample report data.   1 Answer

Nurse Practitioner Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Interview

Professional experience, well coordinated, interviewer very pleasant and easy to talk to.
    Process streamline with good follow up and clear instructions as to the next step.
    Organization very organized, despite having contact with several entities/ departments.

TDP Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Interview

I had a video Interview. You are shown the question, then 30 seconds to prepare for it and then 5 minutes to respond. Five questions total. There are no redo / rerecords

Senior Java Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Interview

They sent a link for video interview where we had to record ourselves.No body ever bothered to reply.
    Most of the other applications went un-answered from their job portal.All in all felt it was a waste of time applying on their job portal.May be one has a better chance through recruiters.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Interview

Had 2 interviews (telephonic & face-to-face); with a Senior VP. Generic Project Management related questions. How many projects have to handled at a time? How did you manage estimation? How did you track project progress?