UnitedHealth Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

UnitedHealth Group Interview Questions

Updated Nov 18, 2017
2,457 Interview Reviews

2.7

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Interview

Interview process is pretty standard. Asking behavioral based questions. These are questions about situations that include where you were employed, what the situation was, how you handlers it, what you did to get there and the outcome. Pretty standard. Then a few personality questions and a couple things off of my resume.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that made you question your fairness or ethics.   5 Answers

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Interview

Fill out their application online or meet with someone at a career fair. Video Interview with six questions followed by an in-person interview round. 2, 1 on 1 interviews followed with a panel questionnaire with current workers

Interview Questions

• Tell me a little bit about your background, including work experience. Why do you want to work for United?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Interview

After you apply to the position and certain qualifications are met, the recruiter will most of the time call you within 2-3 weeks later. Sometimes UHG recruiters can be inconsistent. They may never followup with you.

Interview Questions

• Over the telephone, the recruiter will ask a couple of behavioral questions and about your work background. Towards the end of the call they will set up a face to face with a supervisor.   1 Answer

Patient Care Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Interview

Initial phone- recruiter; phone -manager, Basically checking if you are fine with doing things the Optum way (keeping hospital admissions as low as possible even if the participant needs it). Very “bottom line” oriented sensed from management rather than patient and employee oriented. Felt I would not be moving forward in process based on tone of conversation as it related to life and death.

Interview Questions

• What makes you feel you are a good fit for this position?   Answer Question

Associate Bus Process Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MD

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Columbia, MD).

Interview

Internal applicant. Had an interview with the hiring manager, coworker, & a third person that called in from out of state. Was kept in limbo, even emailed & inquired about status to the recruiter. No response. Received a form rejection email several weeks later

Medical Report Specialist Interview

Interview

After applying I receive an email response detailing the salary range, $16-$20/hr. I indicate my interest and proceed to schedule a phone interview on a given date. The interviewer did not call on the agreed upon time. I email the scheduler, who is apologetic and takes responsibility, then asks me to reschedule a 2nd scheduled phone interview on a different day. Same thing happens again. Interviewer doesn't call, again. I call the scheduler, leave a message, send an email with no response what so ever. I then email the interviewer who was suppose to call, she claims she was given conflicting info from the scheduler. The next morning, the interviewer calls me, out of the blue to tell me that because I don't have a degree in biology I cannot be considered.. Really?? At $20/hr.. This was the worse interview process I NEVER had...

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Interview

Process took three weeks. Applied through my college's jobs site. Received invitation for in-person interview in the Boston office two weeks later. Easy technical and behavioral interview; interviewers were very nice. Received a tour of the office after the interview, and an offer a week later.

Interview Questions

• Given a list of numbers, return "foo" if 3 is in the list, "buzz" if 5 is in the list, or "foobuzz" if both are in the list.   Answer Question

Marketing Communications Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minnetonka, MN

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Minnetonka, MN).

Interview

Basic questions about current and former positions and responsibilities. Ability to lead and motivate team. Began with a phone screen followed by two interviews with CMO and VP level employees. Friendly and encouraging during interview but behaviors changed drastically after starting position,

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you failed in accomplishing a work task.   1 Answer

Finance Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Interview

Applied to many internal job openings over a long timeframe with no luck. Applied to various roles in various divisions, but was passed over at times for external hires or that I worked in an unpopular business line which made it difficult to move across divisions.

Interview Questions

• Asked your typical interview questions, nothing out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Interview

Intimidating. There was a phone interview and then when you went in for the in person interview, you met with two supervisors in two separate interviews on the same day.