UnitedHealth Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2,142 Interview Reviews

2.7

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Minneapolis, MN) in March 2015.

Interview

Getting a job at United Health Group is a long process, but it can be done, so if you're interested in working here, don't give up.

I applied online to a ton of open positions - they have dozens of open project management positions at any given time. For one of these positions, I received an email from UHG recruiting inviting me to a digital interview (this email went to my spam folder in Gmail, so CHECK THE SPAM!!!). Upon receipt of the email, you have 48 hours to complete the interview.

The digital interview is awkward. I'm lucky enough in that I have a new desktop Mac with a webcam. This whole process would be tough to do on a tablet or smartphone.

I thought I royally screwed the digital interview up, as I stumbled on my answers and didn't think I was articulate enough. It's very awkward talking to yourself. Keep in mind though, most of the other candidates also think it's awkward, so if you blunder through some of the questions, don't fret too much. And SMILE!

The questions are pretty easy -- very basic interview questions ("Tell me why you want to work here" "describe one of the projects you managed") and there's only 5 of them but again, it's awkward! Make sure you dress up (I work my suit) and be mindful of any background clutter.

Apparently they liked me enough to proceed to the next round. The next round consisted of two phone interviews -- one with HR and one with the hiring manager. My hiring manager was located across the country, so there would be no in-person with her. The hiring manager didn't ask me any silly interview questions - it was just a conversation about my skills. Again, I thought I bombed it, but I must've done well, as about a week and a half later, I was invited for an in-person interview with two team members.

The in-person was a breeze. It didn't seem like an interview. I just had a conversation with two team members on-site, about what I'd be working on when I initially start the role. I knew I had the job when I left, as one of the team members said he would start the process with HR that afternoon.

The next day, I had an offer from the UHG recruiter by phone. They make an offer, and THEN they do the paperwork after you accept -- it's background check by an outside firm and a drug test (pee in a cup).

All in all, this whole process took about 2.5-3 months, from initial online app to my start date. It's a long process, but it's a huge company and if you want to work here, keep applying.

Interview Questions

• Why are you leaving your current position   8 Answers

UnitedHealth Group Response

Jan 26, 2017 – Enterprise Talent Community Manager

Thank you so much for your comments. It is great to hear your feedback. Sincerely, Erika Cassidy, Talent Community Manager, UnitedHealth Group

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Interview

Interview process is pretty standard. Asking behavioral based questions. These are questions about situations that include where you were employed, what the situation was, how you handlers it, what you did to get there and the outcome. Pretty standard. Then a few personality questions and a couple things off of my resume.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that made you question your fairness or ethics.   Answer Question

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Interview

Video interview, phone interview, then interview with director, manager, and potential co workers. I was probably 5-10 years older than said co workers and they were a little insulting in that they assumed you didn't know certain things critical to the job, such as what user acceptance testing was. Seems very target like culture, director admitted they are very picky on who they hire which kind of felt like a dig to me.

Interview Questions

• What would I need if I wanted to paint this room black?   1 Answer

Quit Coach Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Interview

It was not too hard. They asked you some behavioral questions and have to do a role play. Office is really nice. Interviewer was nice. Interview was only 30 mins long. They called me back a week later.

Technology Development Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Boston, MA).

Interview

I submitted the application online through their company job page. I heard back within 24 hours to submit a digital interview. The digital interview consisted of 5 questions that were about your background, technology you have learned, etc. You were given 30 seconds to read the question and then 3 minutes to answer the question. The whole thing was recorded and sent to their recruiters. I didn't hear back for 2 weeks and they came to our career fair so I went and talked to the recruiter about it and gave her my resume and she said she would look over my profile. Make sure you contact them after your digital interview, otherwise I may not have heard back! I heard back a few days later and am now invited to an on site "assessment" interview for 3 hours. Looking forward to it!

Interview Questions

• When was the last time you learned a technology on your own outside of school?   Answer Question

Product Support Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Interview

They said I did good with the interview but I didn't get the position.

1st interview lasted for 40min.
    Interviewer: hr
    Questions about your work history and what will do on situations

2nd interview lasted for 30min.
    Interviewer: hiring manager and senior manager
    Questions: they will give you situation and they will ask what do you know about the company

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Irvine, CA).

Interview

After applying online I get an invitation to conduct an online self video interview, then phone interview with the recruiter, then phone interview with the hiring manager, in person interview with hiring mananger and their manager.

Interview Questions

• Everything went well with the hiring manager, but the even the manager warned me of her boss that's she's very "needy". I interviewed with the VP and though she wanted things streamlined and simple, she was anything but simple. She kept getting caught up on how many people I managed and we just couldn't get passed it unfortunately. I don't know think I would be able to work under someone with that style of leadership or lack of it.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Interview

I've been applying for CSR for the past month and would hear nothing back. I checked on their website again one day and they had just put up a job posting that same day for CSR. I applied and the next day I got an email stating they were interested and would like to give me a phone interview. A few days later I had the interview. The recruiter was nice and sweet, she said I answered great and to her I was perfect for the job. Now I would have to wait for a manager to review my phone interview/application & would get a call back/email in a few days to 2 weeks. Now it's time to wait. She asked me 3 situational questions, computer questions, and told me more about the job. Overall, it was quite easy. Felt more like a conversation rather than an interview. Hoping I get the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you had to control your emotions at work. (Angry/irritated customer/coworker or an unexpected situation) how did you deal with it?   Answer Question
    • Tell me a time when you had to be accurate at work. (A project, attention to detail kind of thing)   Answer Question
    • Tell me a time when you had to take on an extra task at work. (Voluntarily/Asked)   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Hartford, CT) in January 2017.

Interview

Initial interview was completely automated without human interaction. A link was provided to an app that needed to be downloaded and interview completed within 48 hours. A computer and webcam was used to read and record up to a 3 minute answer for the 5 interview questions. A practice interview is offered they the app prior to starting the recorded interview. HR reviews the recorded answers and decides whether to move forward with a candidate.

Interview Questions

• What type of working environment do you prefer to work in?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norristown, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Norristown, PA) in February 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter and asked to come in the next week for panel interviews. I accepted and we set a time.
    At the interview, I met with a panel of 4 people, the CSR supervisors for different regions, as they were hiring for all shifts after Optum360 took over Quest's billing department. They were all EXTREMELY nice and friendly! It was very easy to be open and talkative with them, and they made it feel like they really cared and paid attention to what you said.
    The interview itself was very easy -- they detailed the position, the requirements, the shifts, etc. They asked me which shift I would prefer, and we moved onto the interview questions. There were only 3, and they were all "Tell me a time when.." questions. I answered all of them, they asked if I had any questions and I asked some. After that, they said they'd be contacting people early the next week.
    Monday I got a call, Tuesday I accepted the offer, Wednesday I took my drug test, and Thursday I was definitively offered the position as my drug test and background check came back clear.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you took ownership of something while dealing with a customer.   Answer Question