Viasat - Amazing Company, Smart People, Meaningful Work, and Room to Grow | Glassdoor
  1. "Amazing Company, Smart People, Meaningful Work, and Room to Grow"

Current Employee - Data Scientist in Carlsbad, CA

I have been working at Viasat full-time for more than a year

Pros

Beautiful campus, laid-back culture, smart people, leadership with a clear vision, and exciting future business opportunities. Also, the benefits are great, especially healthcare. In terms of Data Science, I have been impressed with ViaSat's transition into a data-driven company. There are already a lot of talented Data Scientists and Engineers at the company who are making a big impact across multiple business sectors.

Cons

The fast-pace, high impact work can lead to stress and longer hours occasionally, but I enjoy it since I know my work is important to the company and I am making a difference.

Advice to Management

Better brand recognition could help bring in more top talent, especially in Data Science. ViaSat is one of the best companies to work for in San Diego area, as reflected by Glassdoor ratings, yet I didn't even know about the company until a friend told me about it a couple of years ago!

Viasat2019-09-09
  1. "amazing co workers and boss"

Current Employee - Computer Lab Aide in Carlsbad, CA

I have been working at Viasat full-time for more than a year

Pros

You are among the best and brightest every day and every one of your ideas is considered at some level. These jobs are what you make of them.

Cons

open ended job titles can be frustrating

Viasat2020-01-26
  2. "They are very professional and upfront about their hiring processes. If you meet the requirements we can proceed."

I worked at Viasat

Pros

The culture and atmosphere is ecstatic. Everyone is excited about the next-gen innovations that's underway within the company.

Cons

If there were cons no one would be excited about coming to work everyday.

Advice to Management

Share the wealth. Let the team of people know just how awesome they are everyday and that they're changing the game with the way they do business everyday.

Viasat2020-01-17

Discover more reviews about Viasat.