Viasat Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Viasat

2.8

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Viasat (Atlanta, GA) in October 2020.

Interview

45 minute technical interview; enjoyable process & kind interviewer.... focus on the learning process instead of just getting the right answer. they target your knowledge level based on your resume

Interview Questions

• It was a long question that asked me to sort some values - encompassed both data structures & algorithms   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

I showed up to my college career fair, talked to one of the people at the booth, got an interview for the next day, the interview was about 1 hour. Not too formal, pretty easy questions. I think they don't like taking on freshman though

Interview Questions

• Basic string manipulation in Python   1 Answer

Interview

Short phone interview with a recruiter and then a forty five to one hour long phone interview with a software engineer. Nothing technical, just talked about projects, school, and such.

Engineer Interview

Interview

Walk around the place and enjoy a free cup of coffee. Five interviews in the day, each an hour long, pretty standard stuff. One of the hours was non-technical, but the rest were.

Quality Engineer Interview

Interview

mainly asked behavioral questions, nothing unexpected or out of the ordinary. Start with an HR interview, then move up to be interviewed by a hiring manager then move to onsite interview

Accountant Interview

Interview

HR scheduled interview through email, and phone interview with manager. It is about 30 min call, and behavioral questions mixed with technique questions. Mostly the technique question related with job responsibilities. Positive interview experience

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Carlsbad, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Viasat (Carlsbad, CA) in August 2020.

Interview

It was a great experience. I’m a more senior candidate and have been through a lot of other interviews and companies over the years. Viasat has a great process and people. As with any recruiting - be patient. There are tons of internal automated workflows that candidates don’t see and it can feel like a black hole of no information or updates.

My initial interviews were in Jan 2020 - right before COVID hit. It was an in person panel interview. Since I was referred by a current employee - that counted as my phone screen. It was about four hours long and I spent about an hour with each of the 4 interviewers.

Each was a fun conversation that spanned experience to I think generally assessing my personality for a git into the company culture.

After that - everything came to a halt due to COVID. I totally understood and told them that if things change in the future to reach to me. The did in July 2020.

They wanted to bring me in now that they have a better handle on how COVID will affect their business. I had salary discussions with Recruiting and went through the negotiations process. I was extended an offer and accepted.

Everything is very clear and easily done remotely. I appreciate everyone involved in the process to interview me.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Duluth, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Viasat (Duluth, GA) in August 2020.

Interview

Found the job online and applied. Soon after a HR recruiter with Viasat reached out and we set up a pre-screen. Basic questions were asked and I learned more about the role and company.

It went well, and was expecting to get to the first-round interview. However, the recruiter called me to let me know I didn't meet the years of experience qualifications since it's an entry-level role.

It was nice that they actually called me rather than just sending the generic email or ghosting. Seemed like they really did care even though I was in a very early stage of the process.

Seemed like a great place to work and overall was a good experience. Only problem is the Georgia location is in Duluth, and not even. It's on the outskirts of Duluth in the middle of nowhere. So that was my only issue if I had moved forward in the process.

Satellite Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Eureka, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Viasat (Eureka, CA) in August 2020.

Interview

It was an over the phone interview due to Covid, which was nice. It only lasted about 10 minutes. They were pretty friendly and pretty straight forward. I felt comfortable the whole time and there wasn’t a lot of pressure.

Interview Questions

• One question I was asked is if I was able to quickly problem solve   1 Answer

Software Intern Interview

Interview

It was an on -campus interview, and recruiters are very nice. Mostly technical problems, two coding exercise (algorithm), and one system design problem. They ask you to do white board programming, and communicate ideas during the process of solving the problem