Employee Review

Current Employee, more than 1 year

Best job ever

Sep 30, 2020 - Coordinator in Erie, PA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Wegmans is an awesome place to work! The benefits are great and it is such a fun place.

Cons

Wegmans has pretty low wages

1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Great place to work!!

May 17, 2021 - Prep Cook in Chantilly, VA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Treat their employees very well..lenient scheduling

Cons

None that I can think of

2. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Retail is retail

May 12, 2021 - Bakery Associate in Bel Air, MD
    Business Outlook

Pros

401k access. Accommodations for part time employees with scheduling restrictions. Safety taken reasonably seriously. Protective equipment readily available to employees.

Cons

Lower management (team leads) were typically of questionable quality. My location had a serious good-ol'-boys problem. Employee incompetence was rarely addressed. Customers consist of many bougie karen-types. Part time employees have little in the way of advancement options and semi-annual "raises" barely accounted for inflation. Also, and I'm only adding this because I'm asked to rate this company on "diversity and inclusion" in the next section of this review, my location almost never hired black applicants to customer facing roles (unless they fit a specific 'inoffensive' profile). It was blatantly obvious that they were willing to hamper the advancement of certain employees to ensure that the yokels of Harford county MD wouldn't have to interact with anyone with more than a few molecules of melanin. I didn't realize this until I started doing inventory work in the back of the store and realized just how immense the racial disparity was.

Continue reading
    Be the first to find this review helpful

Discover more reviews about Wegmans Food Markets.