Wegmans Food Markets Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 6, 2018

2.7

Sort:

Part Time Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wegmans Food Markets in February 2018.

Interview

Submitted online application and was called to schedule a phone interview within a week. I thought the phone interview went well, and I have a ton of experience. My phone interview was on a Friday, and by Monday I had an email stating they would not move forward with my application. I was left very confused as there was absolutely no explanation as to why I was not being considered further.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose Wegmans?   1 Answer
    • How long are you planning to work with us?   1 Answer
    • What does working on a team mean to you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Malvern, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Wegmans Food Markets (Malvern, PA) in November 2016.

Interview

It was relatively easy, I applied online then received a email to confirm a phone interview. I applied at another Wegmans store and they declined me as a applicant, it must be because I wanted $12 hour and they won't pay that much money.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose Wegmans?   Answer Question
    • Are you available on holidays to work?   1 Answer
    • The pay scale is between $9 - $10 is this acceptable?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wegmans Food Markets (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview process took about 2 weeks to all happen. First was a phone interview which took about 25-30 minutes. The questions in the phone interview weren't really just, Then I got a call 5 days later to schedule an interview at the location and that took about 22 minutes. Most of the questions asked were personal so they could get to know you as a person. The process was a good experience and pretty easy.

Interview Questions

• What was a recipe you recently tried? What were the results of it?   Answer Question

Part Time Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wegmans Food Markets in November 2017.

Interview

I applied online. I had a phone call asking to schedule a telephone interview on Monday and my phone interview was Friday. When I interviewed I felt confident that it went well. The guy who interviewed me had no personality, very bland. I was told that I would be called the next week. I called on a Tuesday to find out if a decision was made. I was told that they did not give that information over the phone and it would take at least 2 weeks for them to make a decision. That afternoon I got an email that they were not considering me for the job.

Interview Questions

• Can I work as a team member   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, VA

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Wegmans Food Markets (Alexandria, VA).

Interview

I applied it on Monday night and I received an email that I should call and schedule for an interview on Tuesday,so I went to the interview today and I’m waiting for their response. If they will hire me because I really need this.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work with Wegman’s?   1 Answer
    • Why did I quit my first job?   Answer Question
    • What is the advantages and disadvantages of being working as a group?   Answer Question

Part Time Cashier Interview

Interview

It was a very pleasant and organized process. After a few week of my application I received a call and had a phone interview scheduled. It was fairly easy and within a day I got a call back and received an in store interview which was also successful.

Anonymous Employee in Malvern, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wegmans Food Markets (Malvern, PA) in June 2017.

Interview

I sent in an application online and was contacted by HR the very next day to schedule a phone interview for later that week. The questions were pretty generic, the only thing that tripped me up was the interviewer asking the same question twice in a row. I got called for an in person interview a few days later. This time, they asked a lot of situational questions and this time was more awkward because they wrote all my answers down by hand instead of a computer. This can create really awkward silences! They called me the next day to offer me the position at 9.50/hour.

Interview Questions

• What was something you recently had to sell to someone? What were your main selling points?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had to quickly add something to your routine? How did you accomplish that?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had to work with a coworker or boss you did not get along with. How did you handle the situation?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work at Wegmans?   Answer Question
    • Why would you be a suitable candidate for this job?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had to complete something in a group. How did you organize the project, what was your role, and was it successful?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Glen Mills, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wegmans Food Markets (Glen Mills, PA) in May 2017.

Interview

First, I applied and 2 days later I went on the website and it said they would like to continue to the interview process. They called me the next day to do a screening and They just asked questions about my resume and my scheduling. Then after that she went I would like to schedule a phone interview, so we set up a date and a time. Then they called at the day and time we had agreed, we started I would recommend having like a success story ready because they will ask you questions regarding that. Since it is an over the phone interview you have to have a good voice personality that will make them want you to come in for the in person interview. So they were like we will contact you if we want to continue with me. So the next day the manager called me the next day and said we would like you to come into an in-person interview. If you get an in-person interview your most likely guaranteed a position. Then we scheduled it and I showed up. If you are under 18 remember to bring your working paper. Always have a smile on your face. Goodluck your probably going to get the job!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warrington, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Wegmans Food Markets (Warrington, PA) in June 2016.

Interview

Applied online and got a phone call a few days where they asked me a few questions and then scheduled a phone interview. The phone interview took 30 minutes and they asked a lot of hard, dumb questions. It doesn't make sense why they would ask me some of the questions. I'm trying to be a cashier and that's all. Anyway the lady on the phone seemed cranky and mean and the interview was bad.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Niagara Falls, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wegmans Food Markets (Niagara Falls, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

I had a phone interview Saturday and the called for a second interview Monday and now I have a interview tomorrow ( Tuesday ) so I don't know if I have the job yet

Interview Questions

• What does good customer service mean to you   1 Answer