Wegmans Food Markets Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Wegmans Food Markets Interview Questions

Updated Feb 13, 2018

2.7

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wegmans Food Markets.

Interview

I was on the phone interview for an hour and a half, then they said they'd call if my app moved further. To get the interview it took 5 days, and it may take a week to get the second interview.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Wegmans Food Markets (Rochester, NY) in February 2018.

Interview

Applied online, got called to come in for an interview the following week. Had one interview for 15 min.then did a second one for 30 min. was offered a job right after.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wegmans Food Markets.

Interview

Applied online, received a call to schedule an over the phone interview. The phone interview took about fifteen minutes. I was asked basic questions such as availability, strengths and weaknesses, etc.

Asset Protection Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Frederick, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Wegmans Food Markets (Frederick, MD).

Interview

I received one phone call after I applied to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview was shorter than I anticipated, but I suspect it was because I answered their salary question honestly, based on the job requirements. I had researched everything before the interview and I suggested the salary range of a department manager. Asset protection is a different department in the store, but the person in that position cannot be tempted to turn away from activities that may be going on within that store because he or she may accept money to do so. To pay someone way less than other similar employees is a recipe for disaster in the security field.

Interview Questions

• If you were to be hired by Wegman's, how long would you plan on working there?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Wegmans Food Markets (Burlington, MA) in January 2018.

Interview

I have worked in the Food Industry for 8+ years with an emphasis on catering, and high volume food production. I also managed a Cheese Department for another well known grocery chain.

I am ServSafe Manager, Allergen Awareness and Restaurant, Catering & Culinary Management Certified.

I definitely have the experience for all of the positions I applied for.

I had a telephone interview that was over one hour long. I was asked the following questions. The woman I interviewed with was very nice and pleasant and I enjoyed speaking with her. I was told that the next step would be (1) if considered for employment I would then have an in person interview with Human Resources, if that went well (2) I would then have an in person interview with Manager(s) of the Department(s) I applied for; or (3) I would be notified that I was not selected as a candidate. Two weeks after my phone interview, I received an email indicating that I was not selected for ANY of the 8 positions I applied for.

Interview Questions

• • For each job I had listed on my resume, I needed to confirm start/end dates; job duties; what I found most challenging about the position; why I left and whether or not I provided a notice to my employer.
      • I had to thoroughly explain any gaps on my resume that showed I was not working at the time.
      • I needed to confirm the days of the week and times I was willing to work. I indicated 7 days per week from 6AM – 11PM and that I would be willing to work all holidays. Did I foresee my availability changing within the next 6 months.
      • What is my salary expectation – I answered $2 per hour less than I was making on my last job (I know that Wegmans pays on the low end)
      • What did I specifically know about Wegmans
      • Why do I want to work for Wegmans
      • Why should Wegmans hire me
      • Have I ever shopped at Wegmans – why or why not
      • What was my impression when I walked into Wegmans for the first time
      • What did I think of Wegmans Prepared Foods Section
      • Name a favorite product at Wegmans and describe why it is a favorite
      • Name a recent meal you had that was either horrible or fantastic and why I felt it was that way
      • What is the difference between good and exceptional customer service
      • Name a time when I provided exceptional customer service
      • Name a time when I received exceptional customer service
      • Name a time when I received poor customer service
      • Have I ever had a disagreement with a customer, if so, how did I handle it
      • What does teamwork mean to me
      • Name a time when I helped a team member
      • How would I handle a disagreement with a team member
      • How would I handle a disagreement with a supervisor
      • What does diversity mean to me
      • What are the advantages and disadvantages of working with a diverse group of people
      • What does food safety mean to me
      • If hired, did I have a problem with not being able to wear jewelry or perfume while working and having to wear a cut glove when doing food prep
      • Do I work better alone or as part of a team; do I have a preference
      • Do I prefer to work BOH with limited customer interaction or FOH with constant customer interaction
      • What would I do if I saw another employee steal something
      • Do I consent to a background check, CORI, and drug testing   Answer Question

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dulles, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Wegmans Food Markets (Dulles, VA) in January 2018.

Interview

I applied on their website for a hiring event at the Dulles, VA location. The next day, I received an email asking me to call HR to schedule an interview. After leaving a message and waiting a day, I received a telephone call to come in for a set time during the all day hiring event. Two staff checked people in on laptops, and were instructed to wait until someone is available, or taken to the lap tops for completing an application. They forgot about me, or skipped over me. After 45 minutes I asked about the status of my wait. A quick acknowledgement of a mishap, and I was again told t wait. This was a very perfunctory preliminary screening interview of 10 minutes. The staffer read certain statements and asked questions from the online application. They informed me that they cannot guarantee a certain number of hours for a PT employee. If you want or need benefits, you must apply for FT. Withing two weeks I will be notified if I make it to the next level of Store Management interview.

Interview Questions

• What hours are you available?   1 Answer
    • What are the advantages and disadvantages about working on a team where everyone is completely different?   Answer Question

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Johnson City, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Wegmans Food Markets (Johnson City, NY) in January 2018.

Interview

over the phone. asked basic questions like tell me about your last 2 jobs, why do you think wegmans would be a good fit for you. The interviewer seemed really nice.

Grocery Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wegmans Food Markets (Philadelphia, PA) in December 2017.

Interview

phone interview was offered, but with prepaid phone plan, the interview got disconnected after about 20 minutes from running out the minutes. soon an email stating to give them a call back within 5 minutes. but it took about 8 minutes for redeeming more minutes on the plan. as courtesy, i called back twice but no one was available. soon an email stating the application was rejected. no understanding provided.

Interview Questions

• why choose to work at wegmans   1 Answer

Front End Cashier Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wegmans Food Markets.

Interview

I was interviewed three times total: once over the phone, the other two in person. I can't remember who interviewed me the second time, but the last one was with the front end manager.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a work experience you had when something unexpected came up and tell us how you responded to it.   Answer Question

Part Time Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, VA

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Wegmans Food Markets (Alexandria, VA).

Interview

I applied it on Monday night and I received an email that I should call and schedule for an interview on Tuesday,so I went to the interview today and I’m waiting for their response. If they will hire me because I really need this.