Wegmans Food Markets Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 22, 2017

2.7

Part Time Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, VA

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Wegmans Food Markets (Alexandria, VA).

Interview

I applied it on Monday night and I received an email that I should call and schedule for an interview on Tuesday,so I went to the interview today and I’m waiting for their response. If they will hire me because I really need this.

Front End Cashier Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wegmans Food Markets.

Interview

I was interviewed three times total: once over the phone, the other two in person. I can't remember who interviewed me the second time, but the last one was with the front end manager.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a work experience you had when something unexpected came up and tell us how you responded to it.   Answer Question

Part Time Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wegmans Food Markets in November 2017.

Interview

I applied online. I had a phone call asking to schedule a telephone interview on Monday and my phone interview was Friday. When I interviewed I felt confident that it went well. The guy who interviewed me had no personality, very bland. I was told that I would be called the next week. I called on a Tuesday to find out if a decision was made. I was told that they did not give that information over the phone and it would take at least 2 weeks for them to make a decision. That afternoon I got an email that they were not considering me for the job.

Interview Questions

• Can I work as a team member   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Wegmans Food Markets (Burlington, MA) in November 2017.

Interview

They interviewed a bunch of people all at one time just a few feet away from each other. The girl that interviewed me was VERY serious. The questions did not do a great job of correctly analyzing ones character.

Interview Questions

• A really good or bad memorable meal that you recently had for the first time.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wegmans Food Markets.

Interview

I had a basic phone interview three months after submitting an application online. I had an in person interview with an HR representative, followed by an interview with the deli department manager.

Interview Questions

• Can you give an example of a skill you have taught to someone?   Answer Question

P/T Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fredericksburg, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Wegmans Food Markets (Fredericksburg, VA) in October 2017.

Interview

An unfortunate issue is that Wegman's will never call you for an interview you if your recent work history for the 5 or more years is blank. I have been retired since 2007, and and I just received an email from Wegman's HR notifying me that they consider my application to be incomplete due to a lack of work history for the last five years; therefore, they are unable to proceed in the interviewing process with me. THAT is very bad form IMHO.

Interview

Mostly typical interview questions heavily centered around customer service experience and working on teams. Some stupid ones too. "What is a new dish you recently tried and how was the experience?" Had a phone interview then two in person interviews. Was strung along for a few weeks after the last one. About a month after it I got my kiss off email. In the end I feel that they just weren't willing to hire me as a full timer and at the rate I desired. I was adamant about wanting full time which they didn't scoff at but I still think that was what did me in. I had read they are reluctant to hire ft people yet they post the jobs anyway. Thanks for wasting my time!

Cake Decorator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hornell, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wegmans Food Markets (Hornell, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

It was pretty easy over all. I was contacted by hr first through prone then email to set up and interview time. I met with her the next day and then she recommended me to have a second interview with the bakery manager. Five days later I was interviewed by manager and her baker. Offer of employment was given on the spot.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wegmans Food Markets in October 2017.

Interview

The phone interview took about twenty minutes, I thought it went well, although I was pretty nervous. It was a Thursday so I had to wait all weekend to hear back and first thing Monday morning I got an email that I wasn't being considered anymore. It was disappointing because I thought I did well and I know they're short handed.

Interview Questions

• What are the advantages and disadvantages of working on a team?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Allentown, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wegmans Food Markets (Allentown, PA).

Interview

After applying online and taking multiple personality quizs I received a phone call from Wegmans for a phone interview. The questions were typical for a phone screening. Later that day I received another call from HR to see if I was available for a in-person interview. The first in store interview had many of the same questions the phone interview did but worded differently. Basically looking for inconsistency in your answers. Days later I was called back to meet with the Manager of the area I applied for, again typical questions were asked, job duties were described and an offer for employment was given.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when a customer was upset and how you handled the situation.   1 Answer