Wegmans Food Markets Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Wegmans Food Markets Interview Questions

Updated Sep 12, 2017

2.7

Interview

Mostly typical interview questions heavily centered around customer service experience and working on teams. Some stupid ones too. "What is a new dish you recently tried and how was the experience?" Had a phone interview then two in person interviews. Was strung along for a few weeks after the last one. About a month after it I got my kiss off email. In the end I feel that they just weren't willing to hire me as a full timer and at the rate I desired. I was adamant about wanting full time which they didn't scoff at but I still think that was what did me in. I had read they are reluctant to hire ft people yet they post the jobs anyway. Thanks for wasting my time!

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Allentown, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wegmans Food Markets (Allentown, PA).

Interview

After applying online and taking multiple personality quizs I received a phone call from Wegmans for a phone interview. The questions were typical for a phone screening. Later that day I received another call from HR to see if I was available for a in-person interview. The first in store interview had many of the same questions the phone interview did but worded differently. Basically looking for inconsistency in your answers. Days later I was called back to meet with the Manager of the area I applied for, again typical questions were asked, job duties were described and an offer for employment was given.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when a customer was upset and how you handled the situation.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wegmans Food Markets (Rochester, NY).

Interview

They interview was laid. We were laughing most of the time and a few days later they called me and said I got the job and a week later I had orientation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manalapan, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Wegmans Food Markets (Manalapan, NJ).

Interview

Interview was about 15 minutes with two other employees. The interview wasn't too bad. I wanted to work with Wegmans because they treat their employees well. They offered me the job a few days later, but I declined because it was not enough money for me.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you saw a co-worker stealing?   1 Answer

PT - Liquor Store Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Wegmans Food Markets.

Interview

First interview was over the phone and a follow up interview was done in person. A few questions were repeated to see if my answers changed. They would not commit to a specific salary, only asked what I thought I should be paid.

Interview Questions

• How can you assist someone who has no idea what they want?   Answer Question

Floral Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Wegmans Food Markets (Richmond, VA) in August 2017.

Interview

I went through the phone interview first with the recruiter. She asked a lot of standard situational questions. It was difficult to smile and be cheerful through the interview as she was very dry and seemed like she was having a bad day. I was actually really put off to work there after the interview. She said that they would email me in a few days after talking to the hiring manager and sending my information to them. It has been three days and nothing. I'm not sure if it's going to happen and I'm not sure if I want it to.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wegmans Food Markets in August 2017.

Interview

i applied last week had a phone interview two days after then had my face to face interview a week later and got a call saying i got the job the next day. The only thing i have to do now is orientation and training. on the phone interview they ask you about how to can handle school and work and normal things like that. the phone interview for me was about 15 minitues and the face to face was about 20. In the face to face they ask you situational questions so be prepared with examples

Interview Questions

• What do you expect from an employer?   1 Answer

Department Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montvale, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wegmans Food Markets (Montvale, NJ) in August 2017.

Interview

The interview lasted 30-40 minutes. Their were 2 interviewers in the room, reading interview questions off the computer. They ask basic questions, job related, company related. Be prepared to know something about Wegmans. Dress professional and bring a folder with your resume as well. Also ask them questions job related.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wegmans Food Markets (Gainesville, VA) in August 2017.

Interview

Applied online, then got an email asking me to call in to schedule an interview. Interview was about 25 minutes, and had a lot of questions, including a lot about former jobs and why i left them. Interviewer was very monotone, didn't seem friendly or interested in the interview. The interviewer told me that if I passed the interview, I'd hear back within 5 to 7 days through phone or email to set up an in person interview, but i had an email from her the next day saying i was no longer being considered.

Interview Questions

• Wegman's has a high standard for quality, what is one other store you consider to be on the same level as Wegman's   Answer Question
    • How long are you planning on staying with Wegman's   Answer Question

Interview

Typical interview, situational questions, all about developing others. It does take them forever to make a decision, they even longer for them to get you into the role you applied for.