Wegmans Food Markets Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

1. Featured Interview

Store Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montvale, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wegmans Food Markets (Montvale, NJ).

Interview

Initial interview took place over the phone which led to an in-person interview in the following weeks. Very friendly and open interviews which made the process more comfortable and allowed for open communication throughout the interview stages.

Interview Questions

• What is one thing you've cooked recently and how did it turn out?   1 Answer

Front End Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ithaca, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Wegmans Food Markets (Ithaca, NY) in June 2020.

Interview

The interview went smoothly, had questions I could easily answer and was very honest. At the end of the interview I asked what a typical week would look like and they covered everything in depth. I hope to hear back from them soon.

Overnight Stocker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Wegmans Food Markets in June 2020.

Interview

The Interview process was a joke. The first part was a phone screen, where they just ask basic questions that really have nothing to do with position, it is mostly about your availability, random scenario questions, and your pay range. After the phone screen, you are scheduled for an in person interview, where they basically the same questions again, but for some reason, you are interviewed by two people instead of, one person. In both interviews, the interviewers were late which was a major red flag and it's very unprofessional, when employers don't respect candidate time and they don't take the time to even look over your resume and your information that you provided in the phone screen. I also thought their interview seemed very invasive; why did they need to know, every employment that you had in the last 3 years for a grocery store position? This is not the military; your only restocking groceries. Regardless, of all the red flags since, I been out of employment since the Covid virus spread, I ended up, accepting the offer. I just hope that, I won't live to regret it since, my interview process left a lot to be desired.

Interview Questions

• We run an employment check and background check and What was your employment for the last 3 years, regardless of length? ( they asked this question two times in my in person interview and one time in my phone interview which, just seemed excessive).   Answer Question

Front End Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wegmans Food Markets (Raleigh, NC).

Interview

1) Fill out online application.
    2 ) About a week later, receive and email to set up an interview
    3) Interview was scheduled (off site).
    4) Day of interview :
    The interviewers were to busy typing away at their laptops during the interview process.
    They seemed to be in a hurry and just worried about answering all the questions on the electronic interview form.

Stocker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Wegmans Food Markets in May 2020.

Interview

Very cold and monotone phone interview . Wasn’t like the others I’ve experience by a long shot. From the start it sounded like you were wasting her time and wasting your own because it seemed like a chore for her. It took about 30 minutes for them to keep going back-and-forth between previous job experience and random questions. It wasn’t a specific streamline of questions it went back and forth. For a place that claims to have employees love their job it wasn’t portrayed anytime throughout the call no reason for a call back because you already know the out come even after asking your name.

Entry Level Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Wegmans Food Markets (Buffalo, NY) in May 2020.

Interview

1st interview was on the phone and pretty b basic. A few days later I got an email that I wouldn't be called for the second interview which would have been in person.

Interview Questions

• Basic, including whether I could work all hours and all area locations.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Wegmans Food Markets.

Interview

I applied online, it was followed by an email request for a phone interview which was followed by an in person interview at the store with a recruiter. All behavioral questions and very lengthy process for a minimum wage job.

Fresh Foods Clerk Interview

Interview

Casual and positive, well organized and well communicated expectations. I had two interviews, one via phone and one via Skype. I was able to ask all of my questions.

Cashier Interview

Interview

I applied online. Then there was a short interview over phone. If the store is interested, a second interview in-person will follow. Overall, it was a very pleasant experience.

Part Time Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Wegmans Food Markets (Fairfax, VA) in March 2020.

Interview

I applied and they responded the next day stating they wanted to conduct a phone interview. The questions were kind of odd and didn't seem to align with the purpose of the interview. It didn't seem like the interviewer understood any of my answers, regardless of how well they were stated.

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Wegmans Food Markets (Philadelphia, PA) in March 2020.

Interview

I filled out the online application and got a phone interview by the end of the week. It lasted about half an hour. They sent an email out declining me about a week after the phone interview.