Whataburger - I would not recommend anyone to work at Whataburger, it fit into the category of "It's just a job". | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Whataburger

"I would not recommend anyone to work at Whataburger, it fit into the category of "It's just a job"."

Current Employee - Team Member in El Campo, TX
Current Employee - Team Member in El Campo, TX

Pros

The team members are easy to get along with. I enjoy training new employees. There are a few managers that I get along with incredibly great and i actually enjoy my job with working with these select few managers.

Cons

There are too many managers that do things their way and say its "Whataburger way" when it isn't and then when the employees do it the way one manager says its right we get in trouble by the GM and then we are told that the way we are doing things are not the right way. So its easier to say there are too many cheifs and not enough indians. Some of the managers have attitudes that aren't suitable for the work enviornment and that need to be left at home and away from the job.

Advice to Management

Need to communicate in a clear way and problems need to be addressed when they arise not wait 4 months before you decide to do something about it. need to treat the employees with the respect they deserve. Stop saying one thing when the handbook says something else. Summary: Get all the crosses communication wires straight and untangled

Other Employee Reviews for Whataburger

1. "It is difficult on most occasions, but a generally OK place to work."

Current Employee - Employee in Mesquite, TX
    Current Employee - Employee in Mesquite, TX

Pros

Good hours, good pay, fun staff.

Cons

Bad management, unfair treatment all around.

Advice to Management

Pay attenion to your job, not your favorite employee(s). Treat everyone fairly.

2. "My career with whataburger has been a long rough road."

Current Employee - Manager in Fort Worth, TX
    Current Employee - Manager in Fort Worth, TX

Pros

Whataburger pays their managers well and they have a pretty good benefit and 401k system. Overtime is a requirement for all managers so the paychecks are pretty good. Get paid every week rather than bi-weekly. Closed on Christmas.

Cons

As far as advancement within the company, I think it all depends on who likes you the most and not so much your skill level. Long hours and usually requires me to work odd hours as the company is open 24/7. Only closed on Christmas and no other national holidays.

Advice to Management

Better politics involved in the advancement within the company. I think that they need to interrogate their possible promotees more thouroughly