Whataburger - I would not recommend anyone to work at Whataburger, it fit into the category of "It's just a job". | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

There are newer employer reviews for Whataburger

"I would not recommend anyone to work at Whataburger, it fit into the category of "It's just a job"."

Current Employee - Team Member in El Campo, TX
Current Employee - Team Member in El Campo, TX

Pros

The team members are easy to get along with. I enjoy training new employees. There are a few managers that I get along with incredibly great and i actually enjoy my job with working with these select few managers.

Cons

There are too many managers that do things their way and say its "Whataburger way" when it isn't and then when the employees do it the way one manager says its right we get in trouble by the GM and then we are told that the way we are doing things are not the right way. So its easier to say there are too many cheifs and not enough indians. Some of the managers have attitudes that aren't suitable for the work enviornment and that need to be left at home and away from the job.

Advice to Management

Need to communicate in a clear way and problems need to be addressed when they arise not wait 4 months before you decide to do something about it. need to treat the employees with the respect they deserve. Stop saying one thing when the handbook says something else. Summary: Get all the crosses communication wires straight and untangled

Other Employee Reviews for Whataburger

1. "It is difficult on most occasions, but a generally OK place to work."

Current Employee - Employee in Mesquite, TX
    Current Employee - Employee in Mesquite, TX

Pros

Good hours, good pay, fun staff.

Cons

Bad management, unfair treatment all around.

Advice to Management

Pay attenion to your job, not your favorite employee(s). Treat everyone fairly.

2. "Not worth the hassle"

Current Employee - Team Leader in Keller, TX
    Current Employee - Team Leader in Keller, TX

Pros

When Policies are followed you will learn skills valuable at ALL jobs.
    When management understands their roles your working team will be strong and work environment will be the best you'll ever find.
    There will Always be a shift to match your schedule.

Cons

Policies are rarely followed unless upper management is in for a Focus Walk.
    Few managers are willing to step back and look at what is best for the team rather than what they'd rather be doing.
    If you have a sudden change in schedule they are unlikely to help you in adjusting your schedule.

Advice to Management

To upper management: Follow up with your GM's and Managers. You probably don't know how they're running your business when you aren't around.
    To GM's and below: Remember your guiding principals. Remember that without your team members, you don't have a job, and while no one is irreplaceable, that doesn't mean that they aren't a valuable part of your team.