Found 3,716 of over 4K reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "The pay was good for a first time job with no experience as a teen in high school." (in 333 reviews)
- "Great people to work with and challenging" (in 160 reviews)
- "Flexible hours their willing to work with you and understand that there are things that may happen that can keep u from coming in" (in 143 reviews)
- "The benefits are great with Whataburger and money is there to be made plenty of hours" (in 120 reviews)
- "Easy to get hired and flexible scheduling" (in 95 reviews)
- "Bad management and very tiring" (in 238 reviews)
- "I took a position in the real estate segment... my “team” was unwelcoming... my manager was rude & cold." (in 197 reviews)
- "Little training offered for HQ personnel." (in 40 reviews)
- "Too much favoritism for certain races and not for all" (in 38 reviews)
- "No breaks and scheduled on days I’m not supposed to be there" (in 33 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Whataburger and is not affected by filters.
- 2.0Dec 4, 2023Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee, more than 1 yearSchertz, TX
Weekly Pay Employee Discount 50% Flexible Schedule Plenty of hours
Can only use discount at home store unless you’re management Don’t get any bonuses even though your hard work contributes to the bonuses Stressful work environment Care more for speed rather than quality of food Bump orders off the screen causing confusion Management is lazy
- 2.0Sep 13, 2023Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsAustin, TX
Consumers are nice. Always busy
My manager make me do nothing but fry station. She won't let me do the online orders, take out the meals or anything. When was taking the meal out in the lobby I heard her saying "we're getting backed up on fry station". And we won't back up on fry station. Well she have other people working on grill and taking front counter orders and she even made the person work on grill. makeup table and order taking. When I was taking out the food she stopped me and said to let her take care of it. She was making the manager take the food out. The old Operating Partner had me taking out online but my manager won't let me take out the online and my new Operating Partner won't let me take out the online. Was doing just fine doing fries and online orders at the same time. Wasn't overwhelm or anything. And she tell other people they are going to be multi-tasking after telling me to stay on fry station. (which is all she wanted me to do) She told this on girl multi tasking is a prep, but she never wants me to multi task. I do not like to be under utilized. And I got get over how nasty this one employee was to me. The best thing she ever did was move an hour and a half away from me. Less misery for me at work.
- 3.0Dec 3, 2023Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee, less than 1 yearLewisville, TX
Good people at least 30 to 38 hours a week and it weekly pay
Pay rate is low and not giving out overtime barely breaks are given
- 3.0Nov 30, 2023Team LeaderFormer Employee, more than 1 yearCuero, TX
Met some interesting people, got weekly pay, could try new food.
Took waaaay too long for Mt combined raises to kick in.
Whataburger Reviews FAQs
Whataburger has an overall rating of 3.4 out of 5, based on over 3,800 reviews left anonymously by employees. 54% of employees would recommend working at Whataburger to a friend and 45% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.
54% of Whataburger employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Whataburger 3.1 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.3 for culture and values and 3.4 for career opportunities.