Whataburger Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Whataburger Interview Questions

Updated Sep 22, 2018

1.8

Corporate Position Interview

Interview

The process to even get to that point is terrible. Attempts to collect info from uploaded resume. Bad Taleo integration means spending an hour filling out hundreds of text boxes with input validation that must be corrected time and time again until it likes the way it's submitted. A gigantic PITA for a position in the corporate office.

Interview Questions

• Was the application process/experience positive?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Laredo, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Whataburger (Laredo, TX) in June 2013.

Interview

Process was fairly simple and straight forward. Applied through whataburger website and got a call within 2-3 days. Was asked to stop by the restaurant , interviewed on the spot and was asked when I could start for training. (The next day)

Interview Questions

• What are some of your strengths that will help you on this job?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Universal City, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Whataburger (Universal City, TX) in January 2013.

Interview

I walked in and asked for an application. I filled it out inside of the building and asked to speak to the hiring manager. Tip- Make sure to smile and appear friendly.

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Whataburger (San Antonio, TX) in June 2013.

Interview

It was very brief interview. I actually became good friends with the managers I interviewed with. I had 2 managers sit & interview , because they were training him on how to interview. Very straight forward questions. Such as experience, tell me about yourself. Availability. Very easy interview.

Interview Questions

• What experience do I have pertaining to the fast food industry?   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waxahachie, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Whataburger (Waxahachie, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

Was just asked about experience and if I was comfortable preforming tasks needed for job. The whole interview felt rather informal but that is expected with fast food. I was better dressed then the team leader interviewing me.

Interview Questions

• Would you be comfortable lifting 50 pound boxes when unloading the truck on delivery nights.   1 Answer

Lead Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Whataburger (San Antonio, TX).

Interview

I applied through a recruiter, I received a screen interview over the phone, most of the questions were technical and a couple about my personality and goals.
    The questions were like, describe the web services process, the life cycle of the .net web pages, the type of sessions managed by asp.net, why are you leaving your current job, etc.

Interview Questions

• I would say all the questions were really basic, nothing out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Ocean Springs, MS

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Whataburger (Ocean Springs, MS) in January 2014.

Interview

When I came in to ask if they were hiring I got an application. However their application process is online now. I was told to come in during the week for an interview, now they'll call you for this I believe. My interview was at 5 if I remember correctly, however I came in 15 minutes early. I waited almost 45 minutes to an hour to be interviewed. There were two people being interviewed before me. The interview was quick typical qquestions were asked. "Why are you right for this job?" etc. It was mostly conversation other than questions. Manger later told us he like to get to know people based on them rather than asking usual questions. I was told to come in for orientation later in. Howver this was well over a year ago and I believe alot has changed. P

Interview Questions

• Why are you right for this job?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Whataburger (Dallas, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

It was simple. Quick and easy for me and i got along well with the manager. I had impressed them with my ability of speaking wasn't shy like i used to be and i was completely honest.

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Whataburger (San Antonio, TX) in March 2011.

Interview

Quick and Easy. I dont want to put 50 words but I guess I have to type something so this site will use this review even though I did it long ago and hardly had to do anything besides them saying when is the earliest you can work, and just doing paper work.

Interview Questions

• Do you know how to do math in your head?   1 Answer

Administrative Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Whataburger (San Antonio, TX).

Interview

Their recruiting office initially reached out to me via a telephone interview after seeing my resume on a job board. Over the next 6 weeks, I went to 3 more interviews with staff - supposedly still working on filling the position. Although it seemed to be taking an inordinate amount of time, I thought I was in the running for the job. They scheduled yet another interview, with the HR VP, which I viewed as a positive sign. However, the interview was a disaster, and it seemed that the VPs job from the outset, was to simply disqualify me. After five minutes, I should have walked out. Afterwards my comments to the original recruiter were that, if they needed someone to be the litmus test interviewer, then they shouldn't have wasted so much of my time (taking off work for interviews) and the time of the staff I met with. I don't know if they have an inadequate HR department, or their procedures need to be re-vamped, but it certainly left a bad taste in my mouth and I wouldn't recommend anyone to look their direction for a job.

Interview Questions

• Among the many negatively slanted questions was "I see that you are high energy and like to stay busy. But I think you are very impatient. What are you impatient about?"   1 Answer