Employee Review

Former Employee, more than 3 years

Zumiez corporate office review

Jan 26, 2015 - Accounting in Lynnwood, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Cool creative atmosphere at home office, skate area outside, great product discounts, interesting co-workers. In-house deli food was awesome!

Cons

My department was "encouraged" to work through lunch often and we were told to put a lunch period on our time sheet, even when we didn't take a lunch. While I have no problem working over-time to push through a deadline, we were made to feel like every day was a deadline. People were always leaving my department, by being fired or quitting for another position. There was no real work-life balance. If you were sick and had accrued time off, you were told that you should make up the hours you lost when you went to the doctor, instead of using your sick days/vacation time. This seemed very unreasonable and inflexible,The overall attitude in my department was really negative. The department manager was unfriendly and out of touch with the team. And last but not least, the pay was low compared to other similar corporate jobs. There were no paid holidays unless you were a salaried manager..

Continue reading
    7 people found this review helpful
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee

Good place for HS/ college students

Aug 17, 2021 - Sales Associate in Glendale, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

great team, commission, good pay. It fun environment and lots of cool people

Cons

little room to move up, management would affect the whole team.

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 4.0
    Current Employee

Awesome environment, friendly people, below average benefits

Sep 4, 2021 - Corporate Office Employee in Lynnwood, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Nice office space, people bring their dogs and are chill and super friendly. Casual communication style and casual dress (shorts + flip flops are common) from people at all levels. People work very reasonable hours. This is not your standard corporate office in seattle. As far as the work itself, that will depend what team you are on and what your role entails which varies a lot. for me, I've been very happy with the role, people and environment.

Cons

Compensation is below market and many of their benefits have long waiting times (e.g. 90 day wait until health insurance and dental kick in, 90 day wait time until you start accruing vacation time). Very below market for salaried corporate employees and not competitive with the seattle market. Be aware and be sure you ask questions relating to this during your interview process, may give you leverage to negotiate. Their office chairs are also quite uncomfortable. Can I just bring my own from home?

Continue reading
    Be the first to find this review helpful

Discover more reviews about Zumiez.