Zumiez Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Zumiez Interview Questions

Updated Jan 18, 2018

2.0

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Zumiez.

Interview

The interview was a group interview, but there was only two of us. We had to describe ourselves, then we were asked to give 5 examples of open ended questions, then we had to make a sale to the managers. It was a very simple interview, it only took 12 mintues.

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Zumiez (Seattle, WA).

Interview

The interview process was presenting oneself as a salesman. So if you are than this isn't difficult at all. Just tell them what you know they want to hear, but has to be said with confidence.

Interview Questions

• Could you see yourself as a Manager of your own store? Do you have the time required to commit to this position while going to school?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Zumiez (Denver, CO).

Interview

Long hiring process it took a while for my information to go through and found out that was a normal process for the company. Interview process was quick and easy.

Anonymous Employee in Poughkeepsie, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Zumiez (Poughkeepsie, NY) in November 2017.

Interview

Was called in for a group interview alongside 5 other people whose ages ranged from 17 to 25. The interview was relatively informal. I suggest that you wear what you believe you will be wearing to work (skating/streetwear attire).

Interview Questions

• Introduce yourself.
      Ask three questions that can't be answered with "yes" or "no".
      Pick three items in the store and sell them to the interviewer.   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Zumiez.

Interview

It was a group interview where we played games and did “team building” exercises. It lasted about an hour, and we were all competing for a few jobs. Fun, and interactive. Really showed what the job would be like.

Technical Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lynwood, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Zumiez (Lynwood, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

The interview process was really easy and straight forward, the first part was where I was asked questions about my experience, the second part was where the manager talked about the company and the position, the last part was I was given a test to check my skill set as a Technical Designer(measure, review a TP etc.)

Interview Questions

• Why did you chose to become a Technical Designer rather than a Designer?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zumiez.

Interview

It was ok. They asked about open ended questions, they gave you a quiz on open ended questions and made us have a conversation with the manager and try to sell them something.

Anonymous Employee in San Juan, PR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zumiez (San Juan, PR) in July 2017.

Interview

The interview was really laid back. It was a group interview outside of the store with the manager and four other applicants. They asked some simple questions to see if we knew about the store or any of the brands. Fairly easy and very comfortable experience.

Interview Questions

• Which brand from our store is your favorite? Now try to sale that brand to us   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Grapevine, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Zumiez (Grapevine, TX) in July 2017.

Interview

The interviewer showed up about 45 minutes late,actual interview lasted less than 30 minutes and by the end of the day I got a call saying they would hire me

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zumiez (Melbourne, FL) in June 2017.

Interview

My first interview was solo with just the manager. We went over my resume, she was very personable, easy to talk to, and didn't ask anything too out of the ordinary. I was immediately asked if I'd like to attend the second interview and said yes. The second interview was a group interview towards the back of the store with myself and five other applicants. It wasn't as bad as I expected from some of these other interviews, I didn't have to sing, dance, or make up some type of chant. We basically just each went around talking about one interesting thing that would make us right for zumiez. We did an exercise where we had to pick one female item and one male item and sell it to the others in our group. Overall it was a good experience, unlike any other interview I've ever had.

Interview Questions

• She asked us if we could remember the names of every applicant in the group   Answer Question