Zumiez Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Zumiez Interview Questions

Interviews at Zumiez

2.1

Photo Editor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Zumiez.

Interview

Typical phone screening which was then followed by an in person interview. Interview was loosely structured, which was fine, but then it took them two weeks to respond to my email inquiring if they had picked a candidate. Felt pretty unprofessional as my email more or less was left ignored and wasn't answered until I followed up a second time for them to tell me they went with a different candidate.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Zumiez (Waterloo, NY) in June 2013.

Interview

Called in for an in-person interview, one on one with store manager. Sat in front of the store on a couch and went over my background. Chill atmosphere, wore a button down with jeans.

Assistant Manager I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zumiez (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2018.

Interview

This was one of the best experiences I've had interviewing, ever. The GM is really friendly, laid back, had a chill vibe coming off too. The interview questions were traditional in the sense of pre-made however she customized her verbiage. The first one was a real introduction type of question, second was work introduction and the remaining were scenario/business/team questions.

Junior Marketing Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Zumiez.

Interview

Long interview process, lunch followed by two or three rounds of more standard interviews. Interviews were one on one or with 2-3 interviewers. The role was way more based on events than I anticipated. Even though I have worked a bunch in action sports, in skiing, it was not at all a cultural fit.

Interview Questions

• Describe your experience with event planning and executions?   Answer Question

Operator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Zumiez.

Interview

Hiring was quick and easy. Initially the company was a wreck being that they had just opened the warehouse in Corona, Ca other than that it was a very up and down company trying to put policies into place.

Negotiation

Since I was looking for a full time job with benefits it was a simple yes for me.

Inventory Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Everett, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Zumiez (Everett, WA) in January 2012.

Interview

I came in and interviewed with two of the lower level employees. They asked basic questions but most importantly they want to gauge your interest as to how much you are truly into the lifestyle. This I believe, plays a big role on whether or not you get to the next interview. I interviewed three times before accepting the offer, each interview emphasized again, the interest in the culture and a few technical questions about Excel here or there.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mesquite, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Zumiez (Mesquite, TX) in June 2014.

Interview

I apoliedy online,and about a week later I got a call from the manager.She asked me a few pre-interview questions,then called me in for a interview later in the day.I arrived a few minutes early,and she interviewed me outside the store.She basically asked my work experience, availability, why do I want to work here,tell me about yourself,any days I would not be able to work.She told me she would call if she was interested, but she never called back.I didn't really want to work there, so I kinda slacked off the whole interview.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Zumiez (Dallas, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

I get interviewed sunday but it took 2 weeks to get a call and i applied online. It was easy and the people were very outgoing and happy. We had a group interview.
    Everyone was very casual and i wore jeans with a blouse. Very interesting. My new job and i got it.

Logistics Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Corona, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Zumiez (Corona, CA) in March 2012.

Interview

I met some of the senior managers at a store I used to manage. I got a card, called the Logistics Manager, and a week later, I had an interview. The first interview was a 1 on 1, where we talked college course work, prior experience, professional aspirations. Then we took a tour around the DC, and afterward I was asked what changes I would make to improve business flow and logistics. The overall interview was positive, easy, and lasted about 2 hours, mostly just talking the state of the industry. The 2nd interview, about another week later, was a panel interview where other managers and supervisors would interview you as well. I feel this was more of a professional culture interview. It focused on past work scenarios, how you handle stress, gossip at work, what your work ethic is like, and prior employment. The attitude varied from person to person. Some were very cold, some were very excited to see me. 2 days later, an offer was made, with no room for salary negotiations (take it or leave it thing).

Interview Questions

• If hired, what would you do to improve logistics and product flow?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I wasn't given the option to negotiate. It was a "take it or leave it" deal.

Technical Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lynwood, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Zumiez (Lynwood, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

The interview process was really easy and straight forward, the first part was where I was asked questions about my experience, the second part was where the manager talked about the company and the position, the last part was I was given a test to check my skill set as a Technical Designer(measure, review a TP etc.)

Interview Questions

• Why did you chose to become a Technical Designer rather than a Designer?   Answer Question