Englert Reviews | Glassdoor

CEO

"Leafguard employee review"

Current Employee - Warehouse Manager in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Warehouse Manager in Denver, CO

I have been working at Englert full-time

Pros

A big part of why I love working here is the fact that even though it is a somewhat big company with multiple branches across the nation it still has a family business feel. It was also really nice to get an email from our CEO Brad Beldon to congratulate me on my 1 year employment and another to wish me Happy Birthday. That is a personal touch that makes a person feel important and part of the team / LeafGuard family. Benefits are also really good for the employees. My branch has really great people and it's a joy to work with them so coming to work is never a problem.

Cons

The company does not match 401k. Personally cannot afford benefits for my whole family. Sometimes I feel there is not much chance for advancement within the company and have to wonder if this could be a lifelong career.

Advice to Management

Continue asking for input from the employees. They are the ones working in the field and know what customers are wanting and feeling about our product. Not to mention it makes us feel relevant to the company. If I feel my voice cannot or will not be heard I would not feel as I am valued. When workers are happy to come to work and feel comfortable speaking with management they will usually perform better.

2. "Sales"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lexington-Fayette, KY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lexington-Fayette, KY

I worked at Englert full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Personal interaction with customers, satisfaction of selling product and helping customers needs

Cons

Lots of driving, no fuel reinbursment

Advice to Management

reward employees for excelling at work, faster service would increase business thru referrals

"Amazing Company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Perth Amboy, NJ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Perth Amboy, NJ

Pros

I have worked with and for Englert for well over 13 years now. I have never witnessed a company that has a family spirit the way that Englert does. I have seen the owner personally sacrifice so that someone in the company can have the gain. I believe the talent that the company has attracted is amazing and all have a devotion and passion that is simply unseen in the corporate world today. If anyone is considering a job with Englert

Cons

I can not think of anything, Great company to work for, I can not think of anything needs to be changed just continue to grow

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing it has worked since 1966, no since in changing it now

4. "Englert is a great company"

Current Employee - General Manager in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - General Manager in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Englert full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Englert is a great company to work for. The Owner and Executives are very much concerned about their employees, and helping them grow, both professionally and personally.
    I take a great sense of pride in working for this company, and I have worked for both Englert and now a LeafGuard owned location of Englert. The company has provided me with the opportunity to advance from within, giving me support and guidance along the way, and I know they have and will continue to do the same for others looking to grow within the company.
    In addition, Englert is exceptional in taking care of their customers, with unparalleled customer service that they provide. It’s easy to be passionate about working for a company that provides such great quality, customer service, and a caring relationship with their employees. That’s why Englert will celebrate 50 years in business this year, and looking forward to the next 50!
    I would recommend Englert and Englert LeafGuard to anyone seeking employment.

Cons

There are no downsides to working at Englert

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

5. "Customer Value Team Member"

Current Employee - Customer Value Team Member in Riverview, FL
    Current Employee - Customer Value Team Member in Riverview, FL

I have been working at Englert (More than 3 years)

Pros

Business casual , small office

Cons

non sufficient training, bad management

6. "Just OK"

Former Employee - Sales in Fort Washington, PA
    Former Employee - Sales in Fort Washington, PA

I worked at Englert full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There is some training provided. Sales can be difficult to get but your manager usually can help with closing.

Cons

Lots of changes and no one seems to know what they are doing sometimes. You have to work a lot of hours to make any money. Management doesn't seem to care much about their employees.

7. "Good company"

Former Employee - Installer in New Brunswick, NJ
    Former Employee - Installer in New Brunswick, NJ

Pros

owner was very easy-going and funny

Cons

owner should have cared more about the business

Advice to Management

pay your people more money and they will be better employees and care about the jobs they do

"Erratic management"

Current Employee - Customer Service, Inside Sales in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Customer Service, Inside Sales in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Englert full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Pay can be good, IF you are among those favored by the owner. When left alone without interference from corporates changing wishes, its as good as it can be considering the customer base and product.

Cons

Owner is always second guessing mid level managers and shifting goals based on emotion. Lots of nepotism at that level too. Little chance of improving your situation at a branch.

Advice to Management

Set a goal and stay with it. Stop letting emotion make you change your mind.

"Beware of this employer"

Former Employee - Corporate in Perth Amboy, NJ
    Former Employee - Corporate in Perth Amboy, NJ

I worked at Englert full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Somehow they are able to find terrific employees. Really enjoyed working with many of my peers.

Cons

Company seems to plow forward and do decent despite old school techniques. Owner believes its 1945. Surprised they have a shared bathroom, actually I don't believe the help downstairs is allowed upstairs. Beware of this employer if you are looking to continue to move forward in your career. This place can stunt a career. They keep you long enough to trap you so your not marketable and then they will cut you at the knees when it hurts most. And on your last day don't expect the person that fired you to do it. That individual won't be around to do it. Instead hiding behind her employees who disagree with the move.

Advice to Management

Sell

10. "Great place to work"

Pros

Great place to work and great benefits

Cons

There are no cons, I've been very happy here so far.