Entre Computer Services Reviews | Glassdoor

3.3
Andre Godfrey

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Employee"

Pros

My opinion...
    I have to work in an environment that flows with positive vibes and energy and Entre is that company. My coworkers are phenomenal and that is key on many levels. Now I'm not candy coating anything because I will remain anonymous and will gain nothing, but I love working at Entre Computer Services.

PS. Those who speak negative about the company may have left on not such good circumstances, but again that is my opinion.

Cons

At this moment I can not think of any

Advice to Management

There is nothing we can not achieve!

2. "Great Place to Grow"

Current Employee - Technology Specialist in Rochester, NY
    Current Employee - Technology Specialist in Rochester, NY

Pros

This company is well respected in our area and has strong leadership. We are encouraged to add to our certifications and build on our skills. The work environment is fast paced with a team centered approach to the delivery of services. I am proud to be a member of the Entre team.

Cons

I have no cons to add about working here.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

3. "Great place to work"

I have been working at Entre Computer Services full-time

Pros

Great place to work. Get treated respectfully. Flexible schedules.

Cons

No salary increases. no other cons.

"Nice place to work."

Current Employee - Senior Developer in Rochester, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Developer in Rochester, NY

I have been working at Entre Computer Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Entre is a nice place to work. As with many consulting companies, you have a variety of things to work on and is a fast-paced environment. Unlike some companies I've worked at, putting in a 40 hour week is not frowned upon. Management does a good job scheduling so projects can be completed on time without having to work extra hours.

Using the latest tech is encouraged at Entre, so you'll definitely keep your skills sharp working here.

Cons

There are no specialists developers at Entre, so you'll find yourself working on both the front end and back and, and working directly with customers. This is a plus for me, but could be a drawback to others.

Advice to Management

Entre is well established in Rochester, keep doing the same things we're doing well here in other territories.

5. "My Favorite Employer, Ever"

I have been working at Entre Computer Services full-time

Pros

Entre has been a great place to work. In my position, I feel empowered to succeed individually, but also have the comfort of working in a team environment where everyone is eager to help. I have a great work life balance and feel Entre has given me the tools necessary to do extremely well in my field, and compensates me fairly enough to provide a comfortable life for myself and loved ones.

Frankly, I felt compelled to write this review; and will encourage others to do the same after reading what seem to be strategically timed, slanderous comments with no real substance. For instance, the recent “Software Engineer” posting. I’ve been here nearly a year and we have the exact same team in that group. Who waits over a year to write a negative review on their last employer? This all makes me realize that Glassdoor has no way of substantiating that a review wasn’t written by a competitor, or the same disgruntled (likely fired) employee again and again.

The facts are that Entre is well respected in the industry, community and by its employees – many of whom have been here well into the double digits of years. I asked about longevity during my interview process and it was one of the most important points of my decision to come onboard, especially having another competing offer at the same time. We are the largest and oldest locally owned IT Managed Service company in Rochester and many of our employees and new clients come to us through less than desirable experiences with our competition.

Our ownership and management team cares for their employees, is well connected, and have been in business for quite a while. They’re obviously doing something right. I encourage anyone reading these reviews to come visit us at one of the many events we sponsor for Digital Rochester, the local HDI chapter, Rochester Rotary and many others.

Cons

Overall, from an employee perspective, there are not any cons that I can think of. My slight criticisms are directed more to the business side of things as I truly feel we could be even more successful, though insight into these decisions might be above my pay grade.

As with any company that’s been in business for as long a time as Entre, there are some procedures and metrics that need updating and improvement. Some additional investments in the business can go a long way to help grow the company. I know firsthand that training is offered to employees, but in IT I don’t think there can ever be enough. Marketing efforts could be improved quite a bit.

Advice to Management

Entre has a great name and almost everyone working in IT in Rochester has at least heard of the company – that’s an incredible accomplishment. Don’t be afraid to invest to build upon that.

Make the effort to bring in additional staff with past accomplishments in areas you’d like to expand into, perhaps even from outside of the traditional IT Managed Service industry. Pass critical ownership of strategic business operations to management staff and give them the ability to make change, within reason.

6. "Got my foot in the door but..."

Current Employee - Deskside Support Technician
    Current Employee - Deskside Support Technician

I have been working at Entre Computer Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This place gave me a start during a midlife career change, so have to give them props for that. Where I landed has a good and responsible chain of command. They throw a nice party in the winter.

Cons

No training or investment in/for employees, and they are way behind the area averages for pay.

Advice to Management

I am already starting to casually look for other opportunities, will probably make it more serious if things don't change.

"Software Engineer"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Rochester, NY
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Rochester, NY

I worked at Entre Computer Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Learned a lot. About how not to run a business or treat people.

Cons

Worst place I have ever worked, with the worst leadership. I used to have nightmares of friends or family dying. Now I have nightmares of having to work for these clowns.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing and eventually go bankrupt and spare everyone else the trouble of doing business with you.

"Horrible."

Pros

There are no pros. People work too hard to see zero results in return because management doesn't listen to their people.

Cons

Agree with all of the other 1-star reviews. Management has no clear direction and strongly lacks proper communication. HR has no control. Not a professional place to work. Being there is a waste of time.

Advice to Management

Good employees leave jobs for 2 reasons: Bad management and not getting the pay they deserve.

9. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Senior Staff Engineer in Rochester, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Staff Engineer in Rochester, NY

Pros

Growing firm, great people and customers, always opportunity to learn new tech. Looks out for employees.

Cons

none really - lot's to do - but that's what makes it interesting

Advice to Management

keep up the good work growing the business

"Agree with others"

Former Employee - Staffer in Rochester, NY
    Former Employee - Staffer in Rochester, NY

I worked at Entre Computer Services (More than 3 years)

Pros

Nobody works hard/long, so if you want a place to nap, come here. Everyone leaves by 4:30pm. You won't be paid much, but with the mediocre staff and terrible management, you can still look good. If you play the politics well and don't want to work hard, you'll do well.

Cons

Couldn't have said this better myself:

"Management and ownership lack vision an customer focus, sales staff is practically non-existent, ill equipped, and poorly trained. Staff is under-valued, under-paid, under-appreciated, and raises almost never happen. Owner(s) think they are doing their customers and employees a huge favor just by existing and take both for granted. Do yourself a favor and find somewhere else to work."

Advice to Management

Get out the 1950's. Treat people with respect, esp women. Believe it or not, you're not smarter than everyone else.