Ethos Risk Services Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Good Opportunity"

Former Employee - Field Investigator in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Field Investigator in Chicago, IL

I worked at Ethos Risk Services part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Was flexible with my schedule and was nice to get "kudos" occasionally from senior management when I got good results. pay was decent.

Cons

communication and would like more assignments in my area.

Advice to Management

I dont like getting pulled at the 4hr time, keep us out for full days.

"Terrible"

Former Employee - Client Service Specialist in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Former Employee - Client Service Specialist in Saint Petersburg, FL

I worked at Ethos Risk Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Nice-ish employees. Laid-back-ish vibe. Not much else.

Cons

BEWARE!!! Total chaos. No communication or structure within management whatsoever. Contradictions out the wazoo. Unrealistic to ever be truly happy working here. Catty, dramatic and fake middle management. The measly attempt at "company culture" is sad.

Advice to Management

CEO is great and has incredible knowledge and experience. If only the rest of the company (specifically those in "Management" roles) reflected his professionalism and values...

"Not worth it, look elsewhere."

Former Employee - Investigator in Sacramento, CA
    Former Employee - Investigator in Sacramento, CA

I worked at Ethos Risk Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- $24/hour, that's about it. At the end of the day you will average about 19/hour with all the time you put in during the day.
    - Steady direct deposit

-----THAT'S IT-----

Cons

- .40 cents to the mile (Federal rate 54.5 cents/mile), you will never want to fill your tank to the brim even though the point is to have as much fuel if not more than your claimant.
    - 150 mile/day cap so any distance for the day over 150 you will need to get approval. Some supervisors will approve it and others will pretend they didn't see it and its too late to reimburse you so, so you lose out on your money.
    - Not paid for drive time unless it is over 3 hours I believe lol
    - Constant pretexting (WORST IDEA WHEN WORKING WORKERS' COMP)
    - $11 per hour for report writing time
    -Website is weird to operate for report writing

Advice to Management

If you want quality investigators, you gotta pay to play, OR supply vehicles and equipment.

"Surveillance Investigator"

Former Employee - Surveillance Investigator in Arlington, VA
    Former Employee - Surveillance Investigator in Arlington, VA

I worked at Ethos Risk Services part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

None. There is absolutely nothing positive.

Cons

This company doesn’t even deserve the title as shady; They’re much more than that. I was hired as a part-time Surveillance Investigator and attended the mandatory web seminar, which we were to be paid for attending. That was months ago and I haven’t heard from them since and haven’t been paid! Really??!! Who does that??? I can imagine what it would have been like if I really went through with working for them. The only reason I checked current employee is because that’s what I was told!! Stay away, stay far away!!!

Advice to Management

Get your act together for God’s sake. I can imagine how you treat your customers when you can’t even get your proposed employees on board.

Dear Investigator,

When you went through the hiring process there's a section where you're trained on time-sheets. We consider training an expense that you should have been paid for, however... More

"Shady, Unfair, and Dishonest Company"

I worked at Ethos Risk Services full-time

Pros

If you find enjoyment in low pay, high stress, and little reward, this is the job for you.

Cons

Ethos Risk Services is a company that does not listen to their employees. The company is ran and decisions are made by the higher ups. If you have any thoughts or ideas of how to change and correct problems, you might as well not say anything, because nothing ever changes. The same problems occur day in and day out. In regards to compensation, Ethos Risk Services is by far, paying all employees well below the national average in regards to what their position is. Make sure when you are hired, you are prepared to make the same pay year, after year, after year. Instead of making a salary or hourly rate, it is more like a fixed rate. And this "fixed rate" you initially receive, is not competitive in this industry, or any other industry, with the title you are hired for. Ethos Risk Services is also a company that does reward you for your hard work; however, not in the correct ethical way. If you are good at your job, you will be tasked with more responsibilities and duties; however, your pay will stay the same. If you are looking to establish yourself and work your way up in the company, this is the wrong place to look. There is very little or no room for advancement, and if you do advance, you will most likely receive a raise between the 1 and 2 percent range, or no raise at all. They are the first to look outside of the company, instead of looking at current employees to advance into those positions. There is also a lack of work/life balance. Do not be fooled, most of the salary paid positions are a 24/7 job. After the work day is completed, you are on call, and stay on call until the next business day. If you find enjoyment in potentially working throughout the evening and night, and fielding calls and emails while you are out at family functions or with friends, then by all means, apply to work here. Over the years, Ethos has also promised changes to many employees; however, like always, these changes never happen.

Advice to Management

There is a wide range of advice to give to Management; however, no one ever listens.......

Dear Former Employee,

We strive to be the most customer-centric company in the industry; which can sometimes translate to working longer hours and at odd times. However, these irregular hours are... More

"Wouldn't recommend"

I have been working at Ethos Risk Services part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Some growth potential. My manager is great!

Cons

Things change without advance notice. Medical insurance is horrible.

Advice to Management

Communicate BETTER! Look into new insurance plans.. If the company is growing, why not offer better benefits??

"Not a great place to work"

Former Employee - DSS in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Former Employee - DSS in Saint Petersburg, FL

I worked at Ethos Risk Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They will hire you right out of college

Cons

They hire young professionals our of college so they can pay you practically nothing

Dear Former Employee,

As a growing company we have job openings from senior positions all the way to entry-level. Much of our existing management team started at entry-level roles with us and... More

"Love Working for Ethos"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Petersburg, FL

I have been working at Ethos Risk Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Ethos is up and coming, and quickly. The vast growth will provide upward movement opportunities, more management roles/tiers, further entry level needs to fill and expand the team. There is a strong sense of community here at Ethos as well. The inner office team frequently spends time together outside of work for company organized and non company organized events causing a friendly, welcoming work environment to all.

Cons

As we transition into a larger company and true competitor within the industry, the natural growing pains can cause some setbacks internally.

Advice to Management

Adapt quicker to the foreseeable future in growth.

"Investigator"

Former Employee - Investigator in Pittsburgh, PA
    Former Employee - Investigator in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at Ethos Risk Services part-time (More than a year)

Pros

There aren’t any pros for this company!

Cons

Those positive reviews are somebody from the company trying to make them look better. If you have any sense at all, stay away from this company. Your pay is below market if your experienced, your mileage is capped off when you drive twice as much so you end up losing money. I have worked for numerous companies and Ethos is by far the worst. Unless you live in Florida don’t take this job. They do some shady stuff so you are unable to make any money, you end up dishing more out. The mileage is capped off at 60 bucks so if you drove 300 miles you would only get 60 bucks, that’s just sad and very wrong to screw your people who make you the money.

Advice to Management

Communicate, learn to answer your email and text.

"Assistant Operations Manager"

Current Employee - Assistant Operations Manager in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Current Employee - Assistant Operations Manager in Saint Petersburg, FL

I have been working at Ethos Risk Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great office climate. Open to new ideas.

Cons

Parking can be difficult and office space is limited.

Advice to Management

Training. Be open to training even from outside sources. Look into providing Forensic Collection services.