Event Network Reviews

Updated Apr 17, 2020

3.5
Event Network President Larry Gilbert
Larry Gilbert
Pros
  • "The Boston Childrens Museum is a fine Childrens(in 21 reviews)

• "Work environment, benefits & some genuinely nice co workers(in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • "In order to move up beyond store director (outside of purchasing), you must relocate to Park City, UT(in 10 reviews)

• "Great if all you want is a temp part time gig, but absolutely no career growth potential(in 9 reviews)

1. "Great company"

Former Employee - Sales Lead

I worked at Event Network full-time

Pros

Great company Great staff Fun environment

Cons

No cons I absolutely loved the job

Event Network2020-04-03

April 8, 2020People Services Team

Wow! We’re blushing over here…and proud to know that we exceeded your expectations. Thank you for your service with Event Network, and thank you for sharing your experience.

2. "Ok company"

I have been working at Event Network full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The environment changes by store which makes it bearable with upper management.

Cons

Little upward mobility. Lots of nepotism.

Event Network2020-04-17

April 24, 2020People Services Team

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We appreciate your service of many years, and would like to find out more information. Please feel welcome to email the People Services Team directly at peopleservices@eventnetwork.com to share your concerns. Growth and career advancement are areas we care deeply about, and we hold ourselves accountable to creating work environments that are fair and equitable. Nepotism does not align with our company values, and we want to prevent any kind of favoritism, real or perceived, from happening. Again, thank you for sharing your feedback – we hope you connect soon.

3. "Great Work Experience with a Great Culture"

I worked at Event Network part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Guest experienced focused and the store culture was the best part, everyone was nice and supportive. Upper management was great and always had a line of communication open.

Cons

I don’t see any cons.

Event Network2020-03-17

March 18, 2020People Services Team

Thank you for sharing your experience, and thank you for being a part of our family for 4 years! Our great culture is due to team members like you, who share feedback and participate in open communication.

4. "Don’t care about employees"

Former Employee - Sales Lead

I worked at Event Network part-time

Pros

Easy retail job. Enjoyed my co-workers

Cons

Management. They don’t care about employees and guaranteeing hours.

Event Network2020-03-29

April 2, 2020People Services Team

Thank you for the time you spent with us, and thanks for sharing your feedback. Each scenario is unique when it comes to arranging a schedule. We look at business need, seasonality and Team Member availability, but we’d like to learn more about your experience. Please email People and Services team at peopleservices@eventnetwork.com. At Event Network we care deeply about the well-being of each of our team members. For example, we offer our part-time team members health plan options, a 401(k) with Company Match, store contests and wellness challenges.

5. "Store Director"

I have been working at Event Network full-time for less than a year

Pros

Work life balance, commitment to the community, support from superiors, training materials available, fun place to work

Cons

Time zone difference for communucation

Event Network2020-03-13

March 18, 2020People Services Team

Welcome to the EN family! We love to hear that you feel prepared, supported and appreciated! Thank YOU for making Event Network a fun place to work and for bringing your best every day. The development and growth of our people is always a top priority – we are excited to demonstrate our commitment for years to come.

6. "Great experience on boarding and interviewing process"

I have been working at Event Network full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great communication, diverse teams, & problem solving

Cons

Slow processes & chain of command

Event Network2020-03-08

March 9, 2020People Services Team

Thanks for leaving a review, and welcome to the Event Network family! We’re happy to hear you had a smooth transition and feel supported by great communication. A chain of command and processes are in place to keep us safe and business humming, but we’re always open to ideas about ways we can improve our efficiency. Your insights are valuable and we ENCOURAGE feedback. Please let us know where you feel the slow-down occurs, and share any ideas you have about improving the processes with peopleservices@eventnetwork.com. Thanks again!

7. "Will Hire Anyone (which is not necessarily a good thing)"

Former Employee - Temporary Employee in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Event Network part-time for less than a year

Pros

Solid retail job, allows for experience using the cash register and interacting with customers

Cons

It seems that they will hire just anyone who can read. And some who can't. The coworker at the register next to me interrupted my interaction with a customer more than once to demand "say these numbers to me". I have seen coworkers on their phones, gossiping about customers while they were still in earshot and generally just very poor work ethic. Ten people were supposed to help with a project, but only four people showed up. And where were the managers? Where was the accountability? I was very disappointed that the bar was set so low.

Event Network2020-03-11

March 13, 2020People Services Team

Your feedback is very important to us. We take great pride in our hiring practices and the caliber of people who we call family. The experience you describe certainly falls short of our high standards, and we’d like to learn more about it. Please send us an email at peopleservices@eventnetwork.com so we can take a deeper look into the situation . Thank you for your time with us, and know that your perspective helps us improve.

8. "Guest Service focused but still a great culture"

Former Employee - Sales Lead in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Event Network full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The event network team I worked for felt like a family away from home. We got our jobs done, but allowed for a great culture to manifest at the same time! They will work with you on learning anything new that will help advance your position in the company.

Cons

i do not have any cons

Event Network2020-02-11

February 14, 2020People Services Team

We love hearing that you felt supported and that the team felt like family! Thank you for taking the time to share that with us.

9. "flexible job"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Event Network part-time for more than a year

Pros

It was a great job to have during school, it’s very flexible and you can choose what days you want to work (Or at my location I was able to).

Cons

The work environment was very faux-friendly. With people pretending to be friendly to your face but not so friendly once you leave. Or sometimes being outright passive aggressive to your face. Also the fact that they hound you about PWPs doesn’t help, it makes everything very competitive and people that don’t do good on PWPs can feel embarrassed or put on the spot. Also people can be really hypocritical, with management often telling new hires to not do stuff but allow their favorites to do the thing they just told someone else not to do. Favoritism is a big thing.

Event Network2020-02-23

February 24, 2020People Services Team

Thank you for leaving a review. We’re glad to hear that having a flexible work schedule helped make your experience with us worthwhile. We are listening, and care about all aspects of your experience. Please feel free to contact our People Services team directly at peopleservices@eventnetwork.com so that we can learn more about the atmosphere you describe. We take pride in our team culture and values, and hold all staff members to a high degree of professionalism. Thanks for helping us understand more, and for helping to make Event Network the best version we can be.

10. "Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Director

I have been working at Event Network full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great work/life balance, promotes from within, strong communication from home office, culture.

Cons

The commute (but that's on me)

Event Network2020-02-06

February 14, 2020People Services Team

Congratulations on more than 5 years with us! Strong communication, work/life balance, and growth… we'll take it! Thanks for sharing your experience. Have you considered trying to set up a carpool with coworkers? Good conversation makes the commute go by quick.

Found 170 reviews