Event Network Reviews

Updated Apr 26, 2021

3.7
Event Network President Larry Gilbert
Larry Gilbert
Pros
  • "The Boston Childrens Museum is a fine Childrens(in 23 reviews)

• "Great coworkers, fun work environment(in 11 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Issues in stores can be hidden because a store director may not reveal it(in 12 reviews)

• "If you work part-time, which is most of the employees at the company, forget about it(in 10 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0

Mar 26, 2021 - Sales Lead in Saint Augustine, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Positive, supportive management with learning experiences.

Cons

Not many full time opportunities

People Services Team

Thank you for providing feedback, and for your time as part of the EN family. We look forward to more full time opportunities becoming available as stores and venues reopen from pandemic closures, and as attendance levels to continue grow.

2. 1.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Unconscionable company

Mar 3, 2021 - Sales Lead in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Currently can not find a pro in working for a company that does so little to put the safety of their employees first.

Cons

In light of the ongoing pandemic working for EN has proven how little they care about their employees safety and well being. At the location I am at the establishment is at a 25% capacity however in the small and narrow gift shop on the weekends the 5000 + guest we get on saturday and sunday seem to all cram into the shop at once. The museum security does nothing to try and limit the amount of people in the shop at once and an entirely exposed area near the cash wrap usually means people are invading personal space , shoving money into your face and talking directly at you. Voicing your concern to management or the joke that is HR goes no where. You are reprimanded with having fewer hours the following week. The safety measures are simply not in place. And coming to work feels like a death sentence. We are told to walk the shop floor and engage with guest when in reality it's the very last thing we should be doing. We are touching product all day that has been touched by thousands of other hands. And on most weekends we barely have enough to personal cover shift breaks and replenish.

People Services Team

Thank you for voicing your concern. Your health and safety are absolutely the top priority and we take this matter very seriously. All Store Directors and Store VPs have been notified in order to remedy this matter as fast as possible and ensure that every store and team member has the support they need. Our stores follow every safety protocol – from a mandatory mask policy and strict guest capacity, to social distance practices and rigorous cleaning schedule. Plexiglass barriers are installed at each cash wrap and PPE supplies such as masks, gloves, hand sanitizer and surface sanitizer are provided by Event Network and available to all store teams. We adhere to these policies and safety practices even on the busiest days and understand that more can be done in the areas you describe. We’re always listening. Back up is on the way. Thank you.

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

Wonderful Company

Jan 28, 2021 - Store Director
      Business Outlook

Pros

Having started as a part time sales associate I have had amazing opportunities with Event Network and turned a part time sales associate position into a full-time career as a store director. Over the span of ten years I was a part time seasonal sales associate, a sales lead, an assistant director, and a store director. These promotions were a combination of hard work and having managers and leadership that valued my ideas and opinions and pushed me to get to where I am today. I am now comfortable negotiating contracts with CFOs, working with product development, completing physical inventories, hiring, managing a team, budgeting, creating ecommerce websites, and marketing. I have had amazing opportunities to work with our store transition team to open up new venues and have traveled to help assist other store directors. Event Network has amazing store Culture and continues to push to do better wherever they can.

Cons

In comparison to other retail companies Event Network truly does their best to support their employees and help them succeed. If you work hard for them, you will get that back ten-fold.

1 person found this review helpful

People Services Team

Thank you for sharing your experience being part of the EN family! Your career growth and personal journey is inspiring, and we look forward to many more adventures together in the years ahead! With much gratitude, thank you for all that you do, every day.

4. 4.0

Associate

Apr 20, 2021 - Sales Associate
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great staff and manager, easy to work with

Cons

Can be tiring sometimes, but not terrible

People Services Team

We’re glad to hear that you had a great experience with EN staff and your Store Manager. Thank you for sharing feedback about your time with us!

5. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

It is what it is

Mar 24, 2021 - Team Lead
      Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible hours for part time, store director & assistant director at my shop were great and cared about employees, pretty easy job. Depending on store location you might be able to get a promotion. Annual appraisals always went well.

Cons

EN had us work at a pop-up shop outside the main store for a winter event in 20-30 degree weather. Alternatively, worked outside for summer store events at a pop-up when weather was 70-80 degrees outside (literally outside on a fold out table, no A/C, nothing). Depending on location, store inventory sucks.

People Services Team

Thank you for sharing your experience and for acknowledging the caring support you received from your Store Director and Assistant Store Director – we strive to always take care of one another. Annual appraisals are indeed another way we look out for our each other – congratulations on a job well done! We hear you, outdoor events can sometimes pose unavoidable weather circumstances – thank you for bringing it to our attention so that we can accommodate the needs of our team members. Your feedback helps us improve.

6. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

SL

Apr 16, 2021 - Sales Lead
      Business Outlook

Pros

Decent job, not too heavy workload

Cons

Pay could be higher. No full time hours

People Services Team

Thank you for recommending Event Network, and for nearly four years as part of the EN family.

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great Culture with a strong focus on growth and development.

Jan 29, 2021 - Director in Philadelphia, PA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Hierarchy is a clear line. Communication is constant. No executive is beyond reach. Everyone is an important link in the chain. Field opinions matter, nothing is just a blanket statement or slap dash plan.

Cons

Although succession planning and development are a part of everyday, advancement can be slow because of the culture that we are part of and the tenure of some staff.

1 person found this review helpful

People Services Team

Wow! Thank you for sharing your experience. Fostering a culture where everyone has a voice is very important to us all. And we agree – every style is different, but equally important. Feedback from our store teams is key to understanding the daily needs of our team members and guests – we absolutely value this transparency and open line of communication. Providing a clear path for career advancement is something we also value – but there’s always room to improve, and we’re listening. We want to see as many team members as possible build a long and happy career with us. Thanks again for sharing this feedback with us.

8. 3.0

Decent for college student

Apr 23, 2021 - Sales Associate
      Business Outlook

Pros

I worked with great people!

Cons

The management changed too many times. Low pay wage and the customers can be rude. Took a long time to get promoted to a new position.

People Services Team

Thank you for your time with us!

9. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great place to start but little growth

Apr 26, 2021 - Store Director
      Business Outlook

Pros

great partnerships, great floor teams

Cons

expensive benefits, pay needs to be more competitive

People Services Team

Thank you for being part of our EN family for 4 years, and for sharing your feedback with us. As Store Director, we know that your hard work is reflected in the great floor teams, happy partnerships and happy guests! Thank you for all that you do! We hear you, healthcare costs from providers have increased across the nation. We are proud that Event Network was able to minimize the rate increase to maintain quality benefits packages at a very competitive rate – in fact well below the average cost. Despite the unavoidable increase that we were able to reduce drastically, our benefits package is still among the most competitive and robust in the industry. Event Network was also able to cover a 100% of our team members’ and their family’s medical, dental and vision premiums while their store operations were affected by COVID-19. Event Network salaries are researched to ensure they are competitive and match industry and market conditions. Annual appraisals are in place and are meant to reward awesome performance! We have an action plan in place to address mobility throughout the company, and are actively looking at each role to ensure a clear path for advancement and personal development as well. If you have any questions about the benefits available to you, or the appraisal process, please email our People Services team at peopleservices@eventnetwork.com

10. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 8 years

Good company

Feb 27, 2021 - Director
      Business Outlook

Pros

Vision, leadership, green, culture, locations, bonuses

Cons

Covid, ability to move up, salary, became too corporate without the size, not always clear paths

People Services Team

Thank you for letting us know how much you loved your time with us, and for nearly 10 years being part of the Event Network family. We’re taking in all feedback, and listening carefully. We have an action plan in place to address mobility throughout the company, and are actively looking at each role to ensure a clear path for advancement and personal development as well.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 208 Reviews