Everlane Reviews

Updated Sep 16, 2020

3.9
Everlane Founder Michael Preysman (no image)
Michael Preysman
Pros
  • "Unlimited vacation (could be a pro or a con)(in 7 reviews)

• "Leadership will meet with you, take note of the zones you like, and overall work hard to make it the best work environment for you(in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • "The business is growing so much, there are definitely growing pains as they continue to hire more creative thinkers(in 5 reviews)

• "Because everyone here is so dedicated to the success of the company, it can be difficult to maintain a healthy work/life balance(in 3 reviews)

1. "Yes"

Former Employee - Partner in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Everlane part-time for less than a year

Pros

Great Environment for students and working adults

Cons

Late Hours because of the city

2. "motivating workspace"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Everlane part-time for less than a year

Pros

able to grow and develop my role

Cons

limited interaction with other teams

3. "Everlane Ambassador"

Current Employee - Ambassador in Austin, TX

I have been working at Everlane part-time for less than a year

Pros

Positive environment, good discount, good brand ethos

Cons

They’ve been under fire for being unethical

4. "Easy Job"

Former Employee - Brand Ambassador in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Everlane part-time for less than a year

Pros

Easy side job. Great community

Cons

Little room for growth. Inexperienced management

"Dysfunctional Launch Pad"

Former Employee - Marketing Manager in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Everlane full-time

Pros

Everlane is a respected brand in the creative industry. People want to work for it & want to work with you by affiliation. You get to learn a lot of different things because it's still run like a startup. The people who work there are smart, kind and care deeply about the brand. I echo the other reviews that say they don't regret their time at the company but they wouldn't recommend it to a friend.

Cons

Time off is not respected. Unlimited PTO is a catch 22 because people aren't set up to take it. Leadership is too junior and overwhelmed themselves to be able to lead well or support junior/mid level employees. Not a safe place to work as a POC. Cannot bring your whole self to work as LGBTQ. There is no professional development. Processes are non existent or confusing. No one trusts HR.

6. "Fine Experience"

Former Employee - Brand Ambassador in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Everlane part-time

Pros

Fun team, good atmosphere, and a great way to connect with people.

Cons

There are definitely some kinks in management. Makes it hard to move up or have your voice heard.

7. COVID-19

"Best company I ever worked for"

Former Employee - Brand Ambassador in Venice, CA

I worked at Everlane part-time for less than a year

Pros

- Amazing team relationship. Everyone is super welcoming and turned to friends immediately - Management team is very caring and responsible in getting employers needs met while encouraging us to bring the best version of ourselves - Everlane as a company responeded amazingly during the whole Covid situation. Provided financial assistance.

Cons

- Lights are too bright at store but that is just my personal preference of enjoying natural lighting better.

8. "Operations"

Former Employee - BOH in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Everlane part-time for more than a year

Pros

Environment is nice and friendly

Cons

Getting raise is hard. If you need more money, you should try to apply better position

"Ambassadors are nothing"

1.0
    Ambassador in Palo Alto, CA

I worked at Everlane

Pros

Your coworkers are amazing, the customers are okay and they usually bring in their dogs so that’s always fun. The environment is fast paced and being on your feet is great. We did get 4 items at 60% off a month and a 30% off discount.

Cons

The Palo Alto store has been open for less than four months and has been the worst retail job I’ve ever worked. The store leaders come from Lush, otherwise known as the most annoying place to shop. Ambassadors are told to “force customers to engage” and are pushed to contact the customer frequently. A floor leader told me “I want to be able to point to any customer in the store you know what they’re looking for, do they know everlane and the product knowledge.” The leadership style is extremely overbearing. Ambassadors are punished for giving feedback and it’s deemed as “unprofessional.” HR is not a dual advocate and once a leader says something happened, even without context, you’re done. The store has a non existent break area, the BOH has many fire code violations and often we do not have water to replenish ourselves, there is a mini fridge for about 50 employees. I guess it doesn’t matter since we have Le Labo candles in store and Aesop soap in the bathroom. Leaders want to be told how great their ideas are and nothing else. The leaders often pull you outside of the store for conversations because they don’t like the “vibe” the office gives off. After promising direct feedback, they write you up and then let you know you’re on thin ice. Everlane does not care about ambassadors or it’s retail employees, it is a toxic environment and HR doesn’t care. Even after articles written by Vice and Business Insider nothing has changed, all Everlane cares about is shutting everyone up so they can continue with their plan to go public. Customers don’t even know that everything isn’t recycled or sustainable, it’s a marketing gimmick and most of the quality is poor. The Radical Transparency is drawing people in for now but Everlane will soon become a fad. The company was created by a VC dude who is trying to tap into fashion for tech employees but when it comes to store displays and visual merchandising, he has no idea what’s he’s doing, multiple customers from buying backgrounds have mentioned it.

Continue reading
  10. "Amazing Place But Not Given Enough Hours"

Current Employee - Ambassador in New York, NY

I have been working at Everlane part-time for less than a year

Pros

Friendly co-workers, open communication, great clothes, exciting environment

Cons

Schedule is spotty and not the amount of hours originally given because of low sales

Found 65 reviews