Exablox Reviews | Glassdoor

Doug Brockett

"Struggling company"

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Sunnyvale, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Sunnyvale, CA

I worked at Exablox full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Transparent, easy communication.
    Most of my co-workers are friendly and willing to help.
    Good dental insurance (more coverage, less premium and copayment).
    Good immigration lawyer (contractor) with deep knowledge. Employment-based green card processing is not super fast but okay.

Cons

Micromanagement everywhere. The manager of my team simply lacks basic soft skills to manage team members and has always been aggressive and emotional, forcing people to get work done rather than encouraging and inspiring them. Everybody in my team seems to be depressed as nobody cares about their career paths. I doubt if anyone likes working with the manager.
    No 401K match. No bonus.
    Salary is way below market rate. I had been underpaid for years but company wouldn't offer a raise when asked. They probably thought they are cool enough to attract senior level people with entry level salary (especially when you don't have options due to immigration status), which is obvious not the case. Switched to another company and easily got a ~40% raise, plus bonus, more equity and better benefits. Not to mention that I had multiple offers to choose from.
    Not real startup environment - you won't see many young people. Work is not fun and not challenging.

Advice to Management

The manager needs to improve soft skills to manage people. Do some serious research and offer fair market rate. Do not take advantage of people.

"Some bright people here.."

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Exablox full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good file system ideas, but won't sell or be adopted if it's not open sourced, no way, no how.

Cons

Making money trumps adoption here, and I don't think that will work long term; too many competitors in high-end storage market to adopt any proprietary solutions much longer for most companies of ANY SIZE.

Advice to Management

Lunch all together (instead of allowing people to mix and match) just seems like mind control.
    Let's see if you actually allow anyone to criticize or if it's just a big mind control experiment...

3. "Great environment"

Pros

I worked for 2 years , great Employee values

Cons

No specific Cons, regular w

5. "Hopeless company to work for"

I worked at Exablox full-time

Pros

Food served several times a week

Cons

Company believes in saving money by hiring employees who are on F1 practical training from Universities (whose entire campus is housed in one building)

Advice to Management

Get a real product

6. "Director, Inside Sales"

I have been working at Exablox full-time

Pros

Amazing Culture. Strong and Intelligent Management Team. Great Product and the proven by the fast growth and Tier One VC funding along with Dell and Toshiba.

Cons

Sometimes there is too much focus on things that are not as important as the bigger picture.