Exeter Finance Reviews | Glassdoor

3.1
Exeter Finance Chief Executive Officer Jason Grubb
Jason Grubb

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "I have appreciated the improvements in work/life balance at this company of which I did not experience else where" (in 12 reviews)

• "Good pay, great experience, fast advancement" (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • "New upper management has turned that into a joke" (in 10 reviews)

• "No one can work under that kind of stress" (in 6 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"My Oppurtunity with Exeter Finance"

I worked at Exeter Finance full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

After getting to work in both the operations center and Corporate, I got to experience the excellent culture that surrounds Exeter Finance first hand. The opportunities for internal growth are prevalent and frequently encouraged by management. Although they have been around for a little over a decade, the level of professionalism and efficiency that surrounds Exeter's staff and business processes is one of the many reasons that this company has and will continue to make a name for itself in the subprime automotive lending space for years to come.

Cons

I had no bad experiences while working with Exeter other than the Irving location being difficult to leave sometimes due to rush hour.

Sep 6, 2018 – Director, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for the wonderful comments. We are glad to hear that Exeter is a place where you can grow professionally and personally. Through our engagement initiatives, we will continue listening to... More

2. "Anomnyous"

I have been working at Exeter Finance full-time

Pros

So far been great good environment learning new skills bonus

Cons

Strict on breaks availability on PTO things you learn in training are not always what is expected very clickish

Advice to Management

Available when needed.. more time with individuals to work on the QA stats in beginning of transation...also on QA make them more appropriate for each stage .. also if possible - with each Dept would be nice to have a individual survey on customer satisfaction if there happy with agent this would a big opportunity for agents on QA

3. "Nice Place but Still Needs Work"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

I worked at Exeter Finance full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Nice people to work with
    Dedicated employees
    Great location

Cons

Unrealistic deadlines
    Low pay
    Lack of autonomy

Advice to Management

Trust your employees and empower them to do their jobs.

4. "Support Clerk"

Current Employee - Support Clerk in Irving, TX
    Current Employee - Support Clerk in Irving, TX

I have been working at Exeter Finance full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very efficient and friendly training is very informative which is great also the managers and VPs are all really down to earth and make sure you are comfortable.

Cons

This is a new role and and still being developed so the training isn’t geared toward the role as it may be for other areas

Advice to Management

Nothing so far so good

Sep 6, 2018 – Director, Talent Acquisition

We value and consider all constructive feedback. Thank you for your most recent comments. If you have any other comments, please feel free to share at JoinUs@ExeterFinance.com. You are the foundation... More

5. "Excellent, relaxed, good direction"

I have been working at Exeter Finance full-time

Pros

Flexable, purposed, good direction. They are preparing for the future by laying good governance ground work.

Cons

Growing pains.. as we instill more procedures and governance, things become more difficult.

"No good"

Former Employee - Specialist in Irving, TX
    Former Employee - Specialist in Irving, TX

I worked at Exeter Finance full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Pay is decent
    The cafe is decent
    Food truck

Cons

Undercover racist company
    Growth opportunities for friends only
    Skillsets and education doesn't matter
    Upper management have their kids working as interns and hire them instead of qualified professionals

Advice to Management

Pay attention to the VPs and Directors' work ethic and personality before having them manage others. Stop hiring a person because their friends or relatives and hire based on skills/qualifications.

7. "Great place to work!"

Former Employee - Dealer Service Representative in Irving, TX
    Former Employee - Dealer Service Representative in Irving, TX

I worked at Exeter Finance full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This company has been around a little bit over a decade, but is constantly growing! There’s constantly something going on for the employees to show appreciation and thanks. With growth comes promotions and more income if you’re in a bonus driven position.

Cons

Sometimes we have down time due to the fluctuations in the auto industry. However, when we are busy? We’re busy!! Lol...so appreciate everything

Advice to Management

Listen to your team and speak up for your team as well. We represent you as you represent us.

8. "Great company"

Current Employee - Manager in Clearfield, UT
    Current Employee - Manager in Clearfield, UT

I have been working at Exeter Finance full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great environment to work and play !

Cons

Can't think of any sorry

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work !

Jul 30, 2018 – Director, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your most recent comments. You are the foundation that makes Exeter great!

"Nepotism, Favoritism and Lack of direction"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

I have been working at Exeter Finance full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Professional co-workers trying to do the right thing
    - Very nice building
    - Pay is competitive

Cons

Read carefully the nepotism and favoritism reviews; this is a friend and family environment. However, I did not want to emphasize too much on the nepotism area because this is a very well documented area by other reviewers. When people opinions coming from Major corporations like Microsoft does not count you know you have a problem. However, I wanted to list a bunch of other issues:

- Too many SVP's that do no talk with each other and instead spend their time in political infighting to keep their salary coming
    - SVP's and above do not respond to there emails unless someone from the executive suite asks them to accomplish something
    - Friends and Family get all the promotions or projects
    - Very low morale because they instead hire from a specific company and there is no room for advancement
    - They want to do performance reviews before submitting goals
    - They rather hire an SVP versus hiring an admin or an analyst to accomplish the job mainly seniors and managers are performing analyst and data admin jobs versus implementing projects
    - PM leads do not share projects and work in secret and when a project fails a non-friend, or non-family member gets the blame for a project plan he never saw. ( Most of the projects are failing)
    - Very tight click in the upper management
    - They hire from a specific company to replace all the smart people that build the company
    - People hired from a particular company have all the privileges than everyone else. However, they are not the most qualified for there jobs. The managers have to educate most of them on basics job duties, and the list goes on.
    - If you are hired as a manager or a senior be very careful because you will be doing everyone's job Prepare, analyze, review and get blamed when anything goes wrong because VP's and SVP's do not study the work or set any direction they are there to sit in the offices.
    - Also after every bad review they post a positive one. If you analyze the trend you will find out the answer. The CEO cares about the company and HR is afraid he finds what is really going on.

Advice to Management

In 2017 Exeter was heading in the right direction. However, in 2018 the flux of friend and family hiring destroyed the moral of the company. Eventually, they will run off of Legacy Exeter people to blame.

10. "Operations support manager"

I have been working at Exeter Finance full-time

Pros

Career advancement and the people

Cons

I should have been here