Eyefinity Reviews | Glassdoor

Steve Baker

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Software Engineer"

I have been working at Eyefinity full-time

Pros

Great people, great culture, flexibility

Cons

there really aren't any cons

2. "Its ok"

I have been working at Eyefinity full-time

Pros

Benefits Travel nation wide owned by VSP

Cons

limited focus narrow market slow

Advice to Management

expand opportunities expand market act like a big company

3. "high school revisited"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rancho Cordova, CA

I worked at Eyefinity full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

most of the employees are nice- be careful of the gossips though because management likes to listen to the gossip and encourages it.
    benefits
    stepping stone to VSP- which does not have to same vibe as Eyefinity

Cons

management
    did I say management?
    *cough* MANAGEMENT!
    They over work you and under pay you. They have favorites and those are the ones that get rewarded for anything no matter how hard you work. the environment is toxic and very stressful. there are some upper management you will need to walk on eggshells around because their moods change from hour to hour. If management decides they don't like you, expect to be bullied. They are petty, small minded, and act like high school cliques.

Advice to Management

fire all upper management and start new.
    The culture they bring is toxic.
    Don't say one thing and do another.

4. "Current Support Rep"

I have been working at Eyefinity full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great company to work for.
    Great Benefits.
    Hard workers are recognized and promoted.

Cons

There needs to be more pruning of the rose bush to remove the dead weight.

Advice to Management

Have more of the hard conversations.

5. "Software Support Specialist"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

I worked at Eyefinity full-time

Pros

Great company to work for!

Cons

If you're not on a specific team it's hard to move up.

Advice to Management

Fight for your team.

6. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Web Developer in Rancho Cordova, CA
    Current Employee - Web Developer in Rancho Cordova, CA

I have been working at Eyefinity full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good Work-life balance, competitive benefits and salary

Cons

Team to team communication is lacking, most teams worry about themselves and it is quite literally a process to utilize resources outside of one's own team.

Advice to Management

The challenges and problems are there and if I had a solution I would have already presented it. Changing people's outlook on life, their work mentality is difficult at best and at worst impossible. No one likes having a task and then being interrupted from it by someone else who is depending on them but that is really something that needs to be made easier.

"Awful Company structure, protocols, and management teams!"

Current Employee - Support Representative
    Current Employee - Support Representative

I have been working at Eyefinity (More than a year)

Pros

free pizza and cupcakes once monthly/quarterly

Cons

below avg pay scales, horrible management, no room to promote within the company.

Advice to Management

Change your ways and lack of actions, or you will continue to lose highly skilled employees!

8. "Implementation Consultant"

I have been working at Eyefinity full-time

Pros

Fun environment to work in.

Cons

Compensation, Reactive rather than Proactive.

"Great Benefits. Crap Culture."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rancho Cordova, CA

I worked at Eyefinity (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great benefits package that shows the company cares about its employees and their well being. President is deeply charismatic and can be very motivating to those who choose to be motivated. Innovation was lacking for a long time so the company is in a position of playing catch up but there are some people who are really committed to making that happen.

Cons

Too much dead weight. Lots of unmotivated, uninterested, lazy slackers in R&D, many of whom have been with the company for years and who seem to feel secure enough in their jobs to continue not working very hard while still collecting a pay check. Very junior level QA team even though some have many years of experience and this leads to the product quality suffering. Mid level management has serious issues in R&D, in no small part letting slackers slack. Great place to sit on your butt and do very little work.
    Lots of interdepartmental backstabbing....beyond anything normal in the corporate world. Fingerpointing and blamestorming are the norm. It's hard to understand where this comes from or why it's tolerated as it doesn't seem to come from the executive team (but it does seem mid management supports and encourages it in the name of "accountability")

Advice to Management

Get rid of the dead weight slackers. They bring more negativity to the company than you know. They may know the industry and the software but they bring down team morale. Bring in some senior level QA people who understand how to insist on building quality software and who can lift up the motivated but not very experienced QA folks.
    Stop allowing mid management to use VP titles.
    Figure out some way to stop the back stabbing and blamestorming and build a team that knows how to work together to build great things.

"Great place to work but has made some poor hiring decisions..."

Current Employee - Business Specialist in Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Business Specialist in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Eyefinity full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Eyefinity is a very exciting and motivating place to work. I have worked here for many years, and have thrived on the continuous change and advancements that have been made as we continue to strive to meet all of the needs of an industry that is relatively new to technology and has varying demands based on their individual business needs.
    To work at Eyefinity, one must be ready to take action and make a difference EVERY day. The work you were doing yesterday may not have been on the right path for the customer, so you may need to do it differently today. Unfortunately, this type of progressive and exciting work isn’t for everyone. In the beginning, we took pride in hiring employees who were the “right fit” for the job AND CULTURE, and who could get the job done. We were usually successful, and had a great, thriving workforce. However, over the past several years, as we have continually grown, I have seen us stray from this and we have brought on many very talented (and not so talented) individuals who haven’t had the passion to make things right for our industry; but, instead, have had a focus on doing what was right for them. I suspect that many of these negative reviews are those individuals.
    I believe we still have a core set of employees who are striving to continue the success of Eyefinity, but with the inequity created by those who are not making those efforts, yet are being paid the same or more because they have a more appealing resume, the Eyefinity spirit is slowly being smothered.
    The CEO really cares and is working to make the right difference every day – he just may not be the best at hiring the right leaders to drive that same mindset through the company. There are really great and not so great employees working here. Find those who really care about the business, and you can be a part of making Eyefinity the great place to work that it once was.
    Eyefinity offers a solid set of benefits (however they are being chipped away at yearly “because that is what other companies are doing”), excellent learning opportunities – you can gain knowledge beyond what any school could have taught you by getting involved with the various functions and processes served by Eyefinity technology, and endless learning and advancement opportunities – you just have to have a little initiative to search them out and take advantage of them.

Cons

There are too many people taking up space at Eyefinity, and many of them are paid much more than those who give Eyefinity 100% every day. Many have been brought in at a higher pay rate because of their “industry experience”, but it is soon clear that those who have been working at Eyefinity for several years at a lower pay rate have much more industry experience because they haven’t just worked in one or two locations in the industry; they have worked WITH hundreds or thousands of locations across the country.
    Hold people accountable to spending their day making a difference at Eyefinity. Too many are just hanging out collecting paychecks.

Advice to Management

Stop under valuing your long-term employees by bringing in inexperienced new hires at higher pay scales.
    Stop under appreciating the value of knowledge and experience gained while working at Eyefinity and teach this value to your HR department.
    Also, push HR to stop publishing employees’ job rankings in the company directory – it is very demotivating and has impacts the morale of some of your highest performing employees.
    The CEO should really focus on holding his leadership team accountable, and, hopefully, that will push them to hold their employees accountable.