Falken Reviews | Glassdoor

Falken Reviews

4.1
CEO

1. "The Best Security company to work for in our area- period."

Current Employee - Cleared Armed Security Officer in Reston, VA
    Current Employee - Cleared Armed Security Officer in Reston, VA

I have been working at Falken full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I was promoted to site supervisor after a year of p/t work for Falken. They worked around my National Guard schedule and helped me during my drill times. I worked for 2 other guard companies and was extremely disappointed. The senior staff are retired Special Forces and Police and they understand me as a p/t soldier.

Cons

It may take weeks or months of waiting for a position to open. Although I was deployed to some special details in New Orleans for a hurricane for my first assignment, most of my work has been in Reston, VA. This company will expect a lot from you and if you give it to them, I have seen them go out of their way to help with employees personal problems and even help them get bigger and better jobs when they are ready to move on.

Advice to Management

Keep small and the quality high- The company is growing and hopefully they will maintain true to the same
    standards that they have over the years, especially vetting employees.

2. "Very flexible; however, that causes problems with having a concrete schedule"

Former Employee - Security Guard in Manassas, VA
    Former Employee - Security Guard in Manassas, VA

I worked at Falken part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very flexible working schedule and veteran support

Cons

Incoherent management, scheduling conflicts, out of ordinary working conditions

Advice to Management

Don't play favorites and just focus on what the employee's track record is

"Security Officer"

Current Employee - Security Officer in Herndon, VA
    Current Employee - Security Officer in Herndon, VA

I have been working at Falken full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I worked for this company for 2 years while finishing my degree online. They allowed me to take off time for exams and I found both other employees and management understanding. As a Marine, I worked for 2 other security companies before Falken. These companies had low moral, poor training and no one seemed to care about their jobs or duty. Falken is very different and from what I have seen is a very elite type of culture.

Cons

I was limited in my position to the salary I could make, and only very few managent positions open up.

Advice to Management

Allow some security officers to branch out and move into management if positions allow.

4. "Great stepping stone"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dale City, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dale City, VA

Pros

You can do your home work, not a lot of stress, they are great to work for and you can communicate with them. If you need time off the give you that. The company is very understanding and tries to work with everyone

Cons

no health benefits, no vacation time, no raises well thats just for the positon i worked in.

Advice to Management

just that they may want to offer benefits to the security workers that are working on sites where they do onot offer any