Fallon Health Reviews

2.8
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Fallon Health Interim CEO Richard Burke
Richard Burke

Pros
  • Good work life balance and you get to work one day from home which came in handy (in 4 reviews)

• Good benefits, Flex-time, opportunities for growth, life balance, trainings (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Strange since no one else knew how to do what I did (in 5 reviews)

• Poor organization at the upper management kevel (in 4 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Its an amazing place to work! Fallon Health has a strong commitment to its members and the community"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Worcester, MA

I have been working at Fallon Health full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Fallon has definitely, seen some rough patches due to health care reform. They have been shaken up a by a new venture with Fallon Total Care. The rising costs of prescription drugs has affected all Health Plans bottom lines. I truly believe that its not how you fall but what you do when you get back up. Fallon Health takes a hit but they keep on ticking. We are a resilient organization that is made up of strong leaders and a work force that is committed to doing what's best for our members. I am proud to work for an organization that remains dedicated to making our communities healthy. I will stand by Fallon Health and adapt to the changing environment.

Cons

Health Care Reform, Risk Adjustment, The rising cost of Prescription Drugs. All of the above are issues that are out of the hands of Fallon Health. And, yet they still continue to provide new innovative products that address their members needs.

Advice to Management

Continue to inform us of the changes in the market. Trust in us as we trust in you. Please know that we will all rise to the top with your continued guidance and support. Lead us and we will follow.

"Large company that could be better."

Former Employee - Account Executive in Worcester, MA
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Worcester, MA

I worked at Fallon Health full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are a lot of hard working people there who really care about the work that they do and taking care about the members.

Cons

Ultimately, management doesn't care about individual employees and working towards making them happy. It shows in the numbers.

Advice to Management

Take better care of your employees and they will take care of the company and the members.

3. "ACA is the scapegoat- a recent leadership meeting reveals incompetence in sales"

Current Employee - Manager in Worcester, MA
    Current Employee - Manager in Worcester, MA

I have been working at Fallon Health full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Was once a great employer with great leadership, now too many weak leaders making excuses. Need change in order to survive.

Cons

Sales leadership is an embarrassment. To continue to blame ACA for why they can't sell in small group is ridiculous. Our competitors are selling small group, what makes Fallon different? Sales leadership is all talk and full of excuses.

Advice to Management

Get rid of sales leadership and hire people who are more strategic and can get it done without making excuses.

5. "ETL Developer"

Current Employee - Senior Programmer in Worcester, MA
    Current Employee - Senior Programmer in Worcester, MA

I have been working at Fallon Health full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible working hours, nice people to work with

Cons

IT Departments do not work together

Advice to Management

Promote interaction between departments

6. "Navicare Enrollee Services Representative"

I have been working at Fallon Health full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great department, Great company Good benefits

Cons

No major noteworthy objections to company

7. "Good Central MA Employer – Lean yet Passionate and Resilient"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Worcester, MA

Pros

I joined in the past few years and what resonates the most for me are the people. Very down to earth, genuine employees, colleagues and leaders who are passionate about the people we serve and the products and services we provide. Extremely member/customer centric as well. As an employee I've been treated well and compensation and benefits are competitive.

Cons

Yes, I've seen a lot of changes and challenges but so has the rest of the health insurance and health care industry with ACA and health care reform. I believe senior leadership and the board are doing all they can to keep Fallon as well positioned for the future as possible.

8. "Work in progress"

Pros

Employees have a strong voice since company is rather small. Good community involvement

Cons

Seems like there have beebn some growing pains with the changing insurance landscape

9. "I'm liking it more and more"

Current Employee - Massachusetts
    Current Employee - Massachusetts

Pros

Really like our interim CEO. He is having a calming affect on an organization that has been through a lot. His style brings out the best in the best people. Senior leadership and middle management are largely strong and tested, Just about everyone wants to do the right thing. Our senior products are the best in the land.

Cons

ACA, the rising cost of prescription drugs, and the cost of troubled operations (FTC and FHW) have been beating up our financials. Finance, in turn, continues to squeeze everyone and everything, and it's wearing down the organization.

Advice to Management

Before you bring in the next big idea, do a thoughtful evaluation of resources (people and money) required to handle the new workload. The approach in the past has been "Deal with it."

10. "Great place to work"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Worcester, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Worcester, MA

I worked at Fallon Health (Less than a year)

Pros

Real, well intended people looking for effective and innovative ways to make our communities healthy!

Cons

The work premises are tight.

Advice to Management

Continue to promote from within.

"Summit Elder Care"

Pros

I have worked for this program for ten years, I believe in this program and it has helped hundreds of participants and their families and I am humble and honest in my commitment to these customers. I have mostly, wonderful supportive coworkers.

Cons

Over the last year, morale is at an all time low ,through all departments since different management took over. My department is struggling. I am doing the work of three people. I have not called in sick in over a year, had to break up my vacation days this year into long weekends, 'because nobody can do my job". I have not had a whole week off in over a year. I love my job, but I feel that the company does not care about me!

Advice to Management

Add more staffing to the departments that are struggling. Everyone I know in a Management position has taken two or more weeks off this year!! Yet I have not had one in over a year.

RSS Feed </> Embed