KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Featurespace Reviews

Updated Jul 1, 2022

Found 63 of over 68 reviews

4.2
Featurespace CEO Martina King (no image)
Martina King

62 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
  • "Disingenuous culture and values, processes are a farce, tick(in 4 reviews)
  • "The 'Featurespace 5lbs' you're guaranteed to put on with all the free food.(in 3 reviews)
  • "As I started working more and more with customers, I realised how much lying was going on: making promises to clients for solutions that didn’t exist or couldn’t be achieved, and project managers left to pick up the pieces to try and retain the business.(in 2 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0
    Former Employee

Love it

Sep 14, 2021 - Account Executive in Gainesville, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great place to work! Staff is next level.

Cons

There are no cons for this organization.

2 people found this review helpful
  2. 5.0

Rocket ship

Mar 4, 2021 - Sales
    Business Outlook

Pros

Everybody is on the same page working toward the same goal!

Cons

Some of your best working mates are on the other side of the pond

2 people found this review helpful
  3. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great technology, culture, and market opportunity!

Mar 7, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Brilliant people. Collaborative and customer first culture. Outstanding technology.

Cons

Sometimes customers move a bit slowly.

4. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

They treat you super well with the intention of keeping around good talent

Jan 30, 2020 - Sales Development Representative in Atlanta, GA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great pay, benefits, perks, and management

Cons

Have to dress up and the work hours are pretty strict, which most other tech companies are pretty lax about

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Best place I have ever worked...Featurespace gets it!

May 28, 2019 - Senior Project Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Awesome team spirit, great work-live balance, a thorough understanding of what it means to be customer-centric. Always open to new ideas and sharing feedback. Before you even think about asking for something, you probably already have it. From the moment you arrive, your workspace is ready for you and fully supports you getting up to speed and productive fast. Again, best place I have ever worked.

Cons

You do have to be willing to jump in and learn and teach yourself a bit, but you always have the support of management and the team. Also, at least in the US, it is a growing company, so adapting to change is a must, but it is all positive.

3 people found this review helpful
  6. 5.0

A great place to work

Sep 1, 2019 -
    Business Outlook

Pros

Lots of learning opportunities !

Cons

Nothing major if any !

7. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Excellent company and department, growing quickly

Jun 27, 2022 - Implementation Engineer in Cambridge, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Growing quickly both as a company and department - Extremely big-name customers - Departmental management is really involved in making positive improvements - Company management has their hearts in the right place - Excellent experience for new graduates, although the implementation grad scheme is not completely developed yet - The role involves a lot of diverse technology, so the technical experience on the job is highly varied - The company is making great efforts to keep the product technically futureproofed - Within implementation, you have opportunities from all seniority levels to make positive changes and suggestions (which are definitely listened to, due to relatively small size of department) - Every implementation engineer will get their own projects and customers to independently work on, with a great deal of personal freedom in doing that and managing your time - The role is 9 to 5 in the vast majority, with little on-call work - The job can be done mostly remotely, and department management are very much not insistent on anybody having to travel in often - HR is fantastic and have never been anything other than perfectly supportive

Cons

- Company management can be a little out of touch with what employees want sometimes, possibly due to sales/corporate c-suite having more of a say (or being more influential) than technical staff - Bit of a disconnect between technical staff and non-technical, with little communication between (Comms decreasing the bigger the disparity along the technical spectrum) - There can be pressure for implementation engineers to stand up to customers and project managers on their own - the role is a mix of customer-facing and technical so backbone is needed to set realistic boundaries - Technical support policy from the department in occasional out of hours work is not great currently - (Both a pro and a con) The product is very complex and unique to the company, so takes significant time to learn and new hires won't have much direct experience to bring

8. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Really good people and real-world problems

Mar 16, 2022 - Data Scientist in Cambridge, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

The best part of my job is definitely my colleagues. I work with smart people who care, and I really feel like I'm part of a team. I'm not afraid to ask questions and I was given a lot of responsibility and trust from the get go. I have a great line manager and I can see value in the work I do. Also, the Cambridge office is great.

Cons

I wish we were willing to say no more often. Featurespace is growing aggressively and it seems like we never turn down a new customer. I do want happy customers but we can end up with wildly bespoke solutions that overwork delivery and are really hard to maintain. I'd love for us to say no more often and to have more breathing room to pay down technical debt, consider other ways of doing things, etc.

3 people found this review helpful
  9. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Good company to get started, very bad to have career progression if you don't have wedges

Jul 1, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

* Helpful and friendly colleagues * lots of social events * interesting business

Cons

* very bad to have career progression if you don't have wedges * HR doesn't look to care about the employees well being even if they sell it and look like it...when you have a situation they do everything to screw you up * many promotions based on wedges and bluff

10. 5.0

Great work culture

Jun 26, 2022 - Software Engineer in Cambridge, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good work culture, Understanding mangement

Cons

Missing clear direction in terms of technology

Viewing 1 - 10 of 63 Reviews

Featurespace Reviews FAQs

Featurespace has an overall rating of 4.2 out of 5, based on over 68 reviews left anonymously by employees. 83% of employees would recommend working at Featurespace to a friend and 86% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -2% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Featurespace employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.8 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Featurespace. This rating has decreased by -8% over the last 12 months.

83% of Featurespace employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Featurespace 4.1 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.3 for culture and values and 4.2 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Featurespace to be benefits, culture, career development and the cons to be management .