FieldAware Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated April 18, 2018

Full-timePart-time

Bill Beamish

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Business Development Rep"

Pros

Loved it. Awesome environment to work in. New leadership is great and wants to progress your career. Great work life balance, you get what you put into it.

Cons

None at this time. Under new leadership product is getting better and easier to sell, R&D is in Ireland but they are ramping it up. Moving in the right direction

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you’re doing

2. "Great Company with room to grow"

Former Employee - Senior Training Consultant in Plano, TX
    Former Employee - Senior Training Consultant in Plano, TX

I worked at FieldAware full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I loved my time at Fieldaware. The people are great and very smart, so you come to work wanting to be at the top of your game. They are just breaking through that start-up phase so there's still a lot of room to grow. The work-life balance in unparalleled and the pay is competitive to industry standards. The product is also great and easy to get behind. They have new and exciting updates coming out all the time.

Cons

Not a lot of cons here- my con would be my advice. The board needs to make those hard decisions that are best for the company in the long run. Finally, stop bringing cake into the office (I guess this is a Pro to some). They bring in fruit and there is a coffee machine and gym on site.

Advice to Management

Make those decisions that are best for the companies growth in the longrun. Listen to your employee's who are talking to the customers and know exactly what the product needs.

"Good Place to work .. Product letting employees and company down"

Former Employee - Sales in Plano, TX
    Former Employee - Sales in Plano, TX

I worked at FieldAware full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

CEO - Good Vision

Cons

They never can execute the strategic plan ..

Advice to Management

Get a dev team that can execute and deliver.

"Misguided Vision, unable to execute or deliver"

Former Employee - Marketing in Plano, TX
    Former Employee - Marketing in Plano, TX

I worked at FieldAware full-time (More than a year)

Pros

SUPER flexible on WFH and hours in the office. Most people take long lunches, come in late and leave early.
    Used to have some fun and cool people working there...but most of the smart and motivated people have all since moved onto better opportunities.

Cons

Leadership needs to take a hard look at what the real reason is that they are suffering. It isn't because you have lazy sales men working there. It is because the development team can never deliver anything on time and refuses to advance the product enough to actually be competitive with other vendors out there. You also have several people in senior leadership that have no clue what they are doing and refuse to take help or criticism from other team members.

Advice to Management

Stop wasting your time trying to move up market! You will not be able to compete at the enterprise level...not unless there are some major over hauls of the product. Focus on small to medium companies...aka people who are begging to use our product! Stop focusing on huge integrations that our customers don't want.....focus on making the core product work first.

5. "Director of Business Development"

Former Employee - Director of Business Development in Clearwater, FL
    Former Employee - Director of Business Development in Clearwater, FL

I worked at FieldAware full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Extremely professional work environment combined with amazing leadership. I was supplied with excellent training. and top notch equipment & product from day one.

Cons

You need to keep an excellent & up to date pipeline at all times or you might lose your deal to another sneaky salesman. As long as you are on top of your files, theres no problems / cons.

Advice to Management

No advice, just a sincere thank you to senior management for the opportunity and knowledge learned while they were open.

6. "A company with great potential"

I have been working at FieldAware full-time

Pros

Sales-first culture with an very competent sales staff

Cons

constantly changing compensation plans and goals

7. "Amazing Workplace!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

I have been working at FieldAware full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fun environment, smart people, fair pay, energy to improve status quo and better ourselves for the sake of customer service and the success of our business

Cons

being characterized by past employees/actions. We have progressed to a world class company that is a force to be reckoned with!

Advice to Management

Keep on pursuing our positive change management! We have moved leaps and bounds! We have so many customers who rely on us and value our product/services. We are positioned to be the market leader in the very very near future!

"Needs some tough love"

I worked at FieldAware full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Best work life balance I've ever had. Very little management oversight, so you can choose your own story here. Good talent here, just not motivated.

Cons

Despite what disillusioned executives might preach, very few employees buy into the idea that the company has much of a future. Because of this, 2 hour lunch breaks are common and there really is no desire to work cross-functionally unless some kind of commission is at stake. Deadlines are missed on a regular basis and camaraderie is developed mostly by joking about the disarray that the company is in.

Advice to Management

Step up and keep people accountable. Implement a basic project management process and stick to it rather than shuffling people around and expecting change. I've seen a lot of reviews that say "fire everyone and start over", but if you set simple goals and hold people to them (with both positive and negative implications) you may be surprised.

"Don't believe the hype"

Current Employee - Presales Engineer in Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Presales Engineer in Plano, TX

I have been working at FieldAware full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Close to major science and technology hubs.

Cons

The place is an employee mill . Getting chewed out by radical management is commonplace and if anyone could give a reason it was poor. Questions still abound if the software even does what they promise clients. Might just be a data collection rouse.

Advice to Management

Turn yourselves in and they might have leniency on you.

"Truly Awful"

Former Employee - Sales
    Former Employee - Sales

I worked at FieldAware full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Work life balance, biweekly paycheck.

Cons

This company is disastrous. They have closed several offices and are hemorrhaging money. People are constantly being let go or jumping ship on their own. There is no HR, no order and no processes in place, and most importantly the product itself is not good. What I was told about the product and the future of the company during interviews was a complete fabrication. I truly feel that I wasted a good portion of my career working here. Many people know each other from a previous company and were hired because of nepotism.

Lastly, I know for a fact that the positive reviews were written or requested by management because while I worked there I was asked to post a positive review to combat all the negative ones. The recent one below that says FieldAware is a "world class company" and on the way to be a "market leader" is a great example. The company has gotten rid of half of its employees, closed offices and the most recent CEO left, so that statement is laughable. The company is a joke.

Advice to Management

Start over. Fire all management.