FieldAware Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.9
Bill Beamish

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Director of Business Development"

Former Employee - Director of Business Development in Clearwater, FL
    Former Employee - Director of Business Development in Clearwater, FL

I worked at FieldAware full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Extremely professional work environment combined with amazing leadership. I was supplied with excellent training. and top notch equipment & product from day one.

Cons

You need to keep an excellent & up to date pipeline at all times or you might lose your deal to another sneaky salesman. As long as you are on top of your files, theres no problems / cons.

Advice to Management

No advice, just a sincere thank you to senior management for the opportunity and knowledge learned while they were open.

2. "Great People and Product- but needs work"

I worked at FieldAware full-time

Pros

Great culture and there are many great and smart people to work and grow with. The product has a lot of potential, but again needs work to be competitive in the market. Very flexible with schedules- working remotely or in office

Cons

The company needs to listen to its employees when deciding where to steer the company. Major changes need to be made.

3. "A company with great potential"

I have been working at FieldAware full-time

Pros

Sales-first culture with an very competent sales staff

Cons

constantly changing compensation plans and goals

4. "Amazing Workplace!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

I have been working at FieldAware full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fun environment, smart people, fair pay, energy to improve status quo and better ourselves for the sake of customer service and the success of our business

Cons

being characterized by past employees/actions. We have progressed to a world class company that is a force to be reckoned with!

Advice to Management

Keep on pursuing our positive change management! We have moved leaps and bounds! We have so many customers who rely on us and value our product/services. We are positioned to be the market leader in the very very near future!

"Needs some tough love"

I worked at FieldAware full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Best work life balance I've ever had. Very little management oversight, so you can choose your own story here. Good talent here, just not motivated.

Cons

Despite what disillusioned executives might preach, very few employees buy into the idea that the company has much of a future. Because of this, 2 hour lunch breaks are common and there really is no desire to work cross-functionally unless some kind of commission is at stake. Deadlines are missed on a regular basis and camaraderie is developed mostly by joking about the disarray that the company is in.

Advice to Management

Step up and keep people accountable. Implement a basic project management process and stick to it rather than shuffling people around and expecting change. I've seen a lot of reviews that say "fire everyone and start over", but if you set simple goals and hold people to them (with both positive and negative implications) you may be surprised.

"Don't believe the hype"

Current Employee - Presales Engineer in Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Presales Engineer in Plano, TX

I have been working at FieldAware full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Close to major science and technology hubs.

Cons

The place is an employee mill . Getting chewed out by radical management is commonplace and if anyone could give a reason it was poor. Questions still abound if the software even does what they promise clients. Might just be a data collection rouse.

Advice to Management

Turn yourselves in and they might have leniency on you.

"Truly Awful"

Former Employee - Sales
    Former Employee - Sales

I worked at FieldAware full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Work life balance, biweekly paycheck.

Cons

This company is disastrous. They have closed several offices and are hemorrhaging money. People are constantly being let go or jumping ship on their own. There is no HR, no order and no processes in place, and most importantly the product itself is not good. What I was told about the product and the future of the company during interviews was a complete fabrication. I truly feel that I wasted a good portion of my career working here. Many people know each other from a previous company and were hired because of nepotism.

Lastly, I know for a fact that the positive reviews were written or requested by management because while I worked there I was asked to post a positive review to combat all the negative ones. The recent one below that says FieldAware is a "world class company" and on the way to be a "market leader" is a great example. The company has gotten rid of half of its employees, closed offices and the most recent CEO left, so that statement is laughable. The company is a joke.

Advice to Management

Start over. Fire all management.

"Needs Work- But moving in the right direction"

I have been working at FieldAware full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The heads are looking out for you and they want to see you progress. The product has some real potential and its still in the start up phase so every day is something new. Pay is decent and its a fun atmosphere with good people.

Cons

Not a lot of advancement at the moment but will as the company begins to grow. Communication between the departments needs to improve for our customers.

"A "last resort" job"

Pros

A few decent people to work with. Everyone can bond over how much the product and company is in a disarray (always good for a laugh to lighten the fact they might fire you at any second).

Cons

Very low pay. Sales Managers get their way every time, regardless if it is the right decision. ZERO room for growth since the company has done nothing but downsize the past 3 years. Bad decision making by the decision makers over and over as they tried to adjust to the market and competitors taking customers away. New product features rarely, if at all, were rolled out on time.

Advice to Management

Invest in your employees not yourselves.

"Great Oppertunity"

Current Employee - Sales Engineer
    Current Employee - Sales Engineer

I have been working at FieldAware full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great people , great application!! There is also an opportunity to grow with the company and get real experience.

Cons

Too many changes in process. Growing pains.