First Advantage Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.4
Scott Staples

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • The flexibility in scheduling and allowing work from home helps keep a great work/life balance (in 30 reviews)

• Work life balance exists - YEAH (in 17 reviews)

Cons
  • just a filtered down explanation from upper management to employees via supervisors (in 11 reviews)

• Management, work life balance, growth opportunities (lack of) (in 6 reviews)

"Amazing."

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at First Advantage full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They are looking out for us. See this from the EVP of HR

Georgia, South Carolina, North Carolina Colleagues and their Managers:

Hurricane Irma looks to pose a significant threat to employees who live and work in Florida as well as the coastal areas of Georgia, South Carolina and North Carolina. As a company our top priority is your safety. Please be sure that there is a plan in place to stay in touch with your manager or a colleague as the storm develops. We want to hear from you to know that you are safe.

While we can’t anticipate every situation and the possible impact to employees we have established the following guidelines:

1. We encourage any employee in a “Red Zone” to evacuate. If you need to do so during work hours you will be paid for the time. Similarly, any employee who feels the need to evacuate will be paid for their normal work hours. Please follow all local warnings and make the best decisions for yourself and your families.

2. Once evacuated we would expect employees with company provided laptops to continue to work their normal schedule.

3. We will pay up to 4 days to any employee who is unable to work, either because of loss of power, internet, etc. or because they have evacuated and do not have a company laptop.

4. There are work spaces and computers available in the Atlanta office to anyone who may be evacuating to that area and does not have a laptop.

5. Hotels from northern Florida to Atlanta are completely sold out as are most flights out of Florida and fuel sources are scarce. We encourage employees to seek local shelter. If you can make it to Atlanta, we have employees in Atlanta who have volunteered to provide lodging to a co-worker in need.

Cons

I can't think of any at this moment

Advice to Management

Keep on caring it goes a long way.

2. "VP"

I worked at First Advantage full-time

Pros

Teamwork and kind people working hard

Cons

Pay has to be aligned with performance

Advice to Management

Keep working to create diversity

3. "Making Positive Changes"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at First Advantage full-time

Pros

New CEO has really inspired a lot of people at FADV to give it their all again.

HR and management seem to be listening as we're seeing some positive movement from our first-ever engagement survey (particularly around performance reviews).

At least in our department, work-life balance is encouraged and we have a lot of flexibility around working from home, etc.

Cons

Benefits are too expensive.

Performance management is NON-EXISTENT.

We have WAY too many EVP/SVP/VP titles around here. Honestly, it's a bit crazy for a company of our size.

Company is owned by Private Equity, who (like every other PE company) are only in it for the money and don't care about the people here.

Advice to Management

DON'T LOSE MOMENTUM! You only have a short timeframe to make the positive changes you've promised. Keep becoming more transparent, give managers the coaching and training they need to manage their people, and listen to your employees.

4. "No efforts with background checks"

I have been working at First Advantage full-time

Pros

None at all to report.

Cons

Company does not initiate background checks and requires an applicant to provide all documentation such as W2s to verify employment. First Advantage makes NO attempts to do the searches themselves.

Advice to Management

Hire people in the US to do the work or change protocol to demonstrate they attempted to do the research.

"Account Manager"

I have been working at First Advantage full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Base pay is reasonable, building is nice, coworkers are good

Cons

Comp plan sucks and never stays the same, favoritism, no career path, no structure, management only out for themselves and can't be trusted, reorganization every 6 months (layoffs)

Advice to Management

Stop hiring so many VPs, develop and retain your employees, be consistent

"HORRIBLE PLACE TO WORK "YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED""

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at First Advantage full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I get to work from home; Benefits are pretty good; Not too many Pros for this company

Cons

This is a numbers company; Both Management & Upper Management are horrible; They have no empathy for their employees; The pay is horrible; Ranges of raises are 1-2% for those that arent favorites; Management is HUGE on favoritism!! No room for growth unless you are a favorite; Supervisors are unaware of their jobs & spend most of their time delegating & dictating; If you ever decide to go to HR on a Supervisor or anyone in Management you can bet you'll be harassed so much you'll quit; STRESSFUL; Horrible systems; Jobs sent to Offshore Teams (in India); The Offshore Teams are messing up royally but they arent held accountable WHY??? Because they get incentives; I can go one & on!!!

Did I mention the pay is horrible w/no increases!!! Oh and there's a high turnover rate;

Advice to Management

Value your employees; Treat your USA Employees with dignity & respect!! Show employees they are appreciated by giving them decent raises &/or bonuses; STOP with the VP, CEO, CFO etc ect hiring & spread that wealth among the ones that ACTUALLY DO THE WORK TO KEEP THE COMPANY IN BUSINESS!!!!!!!!

7. "Customer Success Manager"

I have been working at First Advantage full-time

Pros

Great Benefits and work life balance

Cons

No opportunities for growth in HR

Advice to Management

Invest in your current employees and promote from within

"Customer Success Manager"

I worked at First Advantage full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Working from home, good work life balance.

Cons

The worst company to work for! This company is so disorganized, dysfunctional, customer success management is the WORST, they are only out for themselves. Management doesn't assist their employees to be successful. Customer Success Managers will be laid off, with no warning! This company has a very high turn over rate, good employees leave and go to competitors.

Advice to Management

Stop laying off employees, train your employees for success, get rid of upper management that doesn't care about success of their team! Invest in your employees.

9. "Associate CSR"

Current Employee - Associate Customer Service Representative in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Associate Customer Service Representative in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at First Advantage full-time (More than a year)

Pros

nice office, work from home,

Cons

stagnant advancement, pay could be more

10. "Lack of Management Support"

Current Employee - Customer Success Manager in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Customer Success Manager in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at First Advantage full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It's just a paycheck really

Cons

No support from the Directors especially Brandi Rorie
    High turnover because of her
    Poor Bonus Structure

Advice to Management

Training for Directors and random Drug Testing