First Texas Bank Reviews | Glassdoor

First Texas Bank Reviews

Full-time Part-time

Rating Trends Rating Trends
CEO

1. "Best company I've worked for!!!"

Former Employee - Commercial Teller in Round Rock, TX
    Former Employee - Commercial Teller in Round Rock, TX

I worked at First Texas Bank (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great pay, hours, benefits and bonuses!!

Cons

I don't have anything to say. I absolutely loved my job!

Advice to Management

No comments at this time.

2. "Like a family"

Former Employee - Teller in Fairbanks, AK
    Former Employee - Teller in Fairbanks, AK

I worked at First Texas Bank (More than a year)

Pros

Loved everything. Felt like a family.

Cons

Hard to move up the ladder

3. "Great Place to Work!"

Current Employee - Teller in Cedar Park, TX
    Current Employee - Teller in Cedar Park, TX

Pros

The management here is awesome! They truly care about their employees. I was on maternity leave for 2 months and my manager called me to ask how everything was.

Cons

Although the benefits are great, adding a child or spouse on is expensive. I had to add my husband and son to a different insurance company.

4. "Good "In-Between-Jobs" Job"

Former Employee - Bank Teller in Georgetown, TX
    Former Employee - Bank Teller in Georgetown, TX

I worked at First Texas Bank full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Competent Upper Management
    -Some say in which shift you get (morning/afternoon/evening)

Cons

-Middle Management is awful (which is who you work with)
    -It's amazing how many people in charge of money could be so bad at basic math

Advice to Management

Upgrade software

5. "Commnity Banking At Its Worst"

Former Employee - Banking Center Manager in Angleton, TX
    Former Employee - Banking Center Manager in Angleton, TX

I worked at First Texas Bank (Less than a year)

Pros

Community Bank which allows you to work within the community and with the people in the area.

Cons

The company does not follow the same rules for every person. Every rules does not apply to every person or customer so there is no consistency. It is hard to manager people and to help customer that way on a daily basis.

Advice to Management

Be consistent so that you can support your staff and be consistent in your communication and not get frustrated in your job functions.

6. "Small town bank that drives away great talent"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Georgetown, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Georgetown, TX

I worked at First Texas Bank full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Dedicated to customer service, genuinely care about customers; good benefits; good vacation policy; home-grown, small town culture; careful about protecting customers and bank interests; not salesy; managed very conservatively.

Cons

Extreme micro-managing; low salaries; openly discourage initiative, innovation, and streamlining; overly focused on mistakes and create rules upon rules to try to prevent mistakes; constantly change said rules and procedures thereby killing efficiency; they don't keep their word and make empty promises; they hold pointless meetings and take pointless surveys but nothing changes or improves; they pick favorites and unfairly promote; they don't adequately train and certainly don't develop; and they say you can advance and change departments but this is true only for the favorites and "yes" men...and the leadership constantly reminds everyone that they are in control...the place is very dysfunctional, there is a black cloud hanging over it.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees better; earn respect through actions, not through demands based on position; be consistent; streamline processes and procedures; listen to your employees and remove obstacles so they can do their jobs; trust the people you hired to do their jobs, stop micro-managing; increase salaries since you expect fewer people to do twice as much work, otherwise hire more people and replace the ones who leave; develop a culture of positiveness and forward thinking--it needs to start at the top.

7. "Glass Ceiling"

Former Employee - Manager in Belton, TX
    Former Employee - Manager in Belton, TX

I worked at First Texas Bank full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Met some really nice fellow employees and customers. Loved my job and recieved high praises from management yet not a rewarding or fullfilling job. Definately not a career.

Cons

Too many to name. Salary was pathetic. Always had to change my schedule to accomidate others yet there was no quid pro quo.

Advice to Management

Compensate those who work hard for the organization financially and maybe there won't be such high turnover.

8. "First Texas Bank"

Current Employee - Teller in Round Rock, TX
    Current Employee - Teller in Round Rock, TX

Pros

The overall environment is pretty friendly and I enjoyed who I worked with. The position doesn't erquire any kind of cross-selling

Cons

There are a lot of 'exceptions' to the rules. You're given a certain set of rules on transactions when trained, but often times those can be broken. So, you may tell the customer one thing, but then have management come in and tell them something else, which makes it look like you didn't know what you were doing.

Advice to Management

The compensation is horrible compared to what you can make

9. "Good work environment"

I worked at First Texas Bank full-time

Pros

Good work environment, the company tries to make the employees feel appreciated by celebrating birthdays and other life events together, they also encourage employee growth

Cons

the pay is not very good, some employees gossip too much

"Vice President"

Pros

Work hours, employees are nice people and hard working

Cons

Behind the times, lack technology Inconsistent leadership and accountability within senior management. Micromanagement is horrible and rules and policies are so inconsistent. Consistently bending rules for certain customers. Bias in customer servicing, loan prospecting and new accounts.

Advice to Management

Treat ALL employees with respect and fairly, hold everyone to the same standards when errors are made. Stop being reactive. Allow employees to train properly, provide them time and resources. You fail horribly in this category.Get up to date with the new banking industry era. The bank will fail due to the lack of outdated leadership.