FloQast Reviews | Glassdoor

FloQast Reviews

Updated Jan 7, 2020

4.0
FloQast CEO  Michael Whitmire (no image)
Michael Whitmire
Pros
Cons
  • "However, it may not be the right place for someone who doesn't thrive in a fast paced, fluid environment(in 3 reviews)

• "Business development management is incredibly toxic and incompetent(in 2 reviews)

"Promising outlook, growing product."

Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at FloQast full-time for more than a year

Pros

FloQast is a young & growing company with tremendous upside. We have a great office and supporting staff. The product roadmap is promising and will help FloQast continue to expand in a category that has a very wide reach.

Cons

As with any company, at FloQast, growing pains exist. Nothing glaring or out of the ordinary, you must be prepared to problem solve and communicate well.

FloQast2020-01-08

"Amazing company, product, and people!"

Current Employee - Business Development

I have been working at FloQast full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Top notch product addressing a true pain point in the accounting process and gaining tremendous traction in the market - Leadership team that truly cares about their employees - open door policy with execs, transparency across entire org....the list goes on - Best benefits I've seen - free healthcare! - Flexibility - Opportunities for career growth are unmatched in the industry - promotions and lateral movements within the org are common, allowing employees to make a difference and have control over their career paths - Great office with all the amenities an employee could ask for

Cons

Company is growing quickly for all the right reasons. If you don't like working in a fast paced environment, then FQ may not be the best fit.

FloQast2019-12-24

"Positive learning experience"

Current Employee - Customer Success in Burbank, CA

I have been working at FloQast full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I’ve worked at FloQast for over 3 years. I’ve seen a lot of changes during that time, and arguably all for the best. We have signed a lot of new clients, we have hired all around the entirety of the company. We have a very inclusive culture, open door policies, and unlimited time off. If you have an idea or a new job opportunity internally you want to explore, upper management is always open to listening to you and exploring those options. Each person matters.

Cons

I am on the phone a lot as are my colleagues around me. It gets loud at times and I might recommend some sound barriers.

FloQast2019-12-21
  4. "Overall a Very Positive Experience"

I worked at FloQast full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Great product and a lot of passionate employees - Exciting future for company and a lot of opportunities for growth if you are willing to work for it - Competitive and fair compensation - Amazing benefits

Cons

- Favoritism from management - Lack of experience in management positions - Typical bumps in the road from a growing company - Communication can be an issue at times and cause frustration

FloQast2019-12-30

"Yes"

Current Employee - Customer Success in Sherman Oaks, CA

I have been working at FloQast full-time for more than a year

Pros

I don't normally post reviews, but reading the ones from people who have only worked here for a few months completely breaks my heart. It's not representative of the way I feel about working here, or the majority of the happy employees I get to work with everyday. I get to work in the most respectful, supportive, encouraging, and motivating environment that I've had in my career, and I get to do it alongside incredibly intelligent, passionate, and hard working people. What does that do for a person? Well, for me, it opened up the opportunity to discover what I'm most passionate about, and when I found that, FloQast created a position for me so that I could pursue it full time. Now I get to do what I love every single day, surrounded by people that inspire me, with FQ's support and investment right back into me. I have grown a tremendous amount already, and I continue to learn and be challenged in new ways, at a time when the company is experiencing high growth and the opportunities will only get bigger from here. What more could someone want out of a place they work for? I wouldn't expect much more than that honestly, but instead I get unlimited PTO, my healthcare premiums paid for, the ability to take *uninterrupted* time off when I need to, and a transparent leadership team that I have my full trust and faith in to take this thing big time. Everyone dreams of getting into high growth companies like this 'at the ground level', but most people don't get to talk about how much they also truly love the place they work, because they don't get to have both.  Those two things aren't mutually exclusive at FloQast, and I really freaking love working here.

Cons

The bleachers could use some pillows.

FloQast2019-12-19

"Strong culture, team, and product"

Current Employee - Strategic Alliance Director in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at FloQast full-time for more than a year

Pros

* First the product is really good which gives the sales team something great to sell. * Culture revolves around solving pain points clients and the customer success and setup teams are driven by exceeding customer expectation. * Cross department interaction and teamwork is unbelievably good. Sales, partnership, marketing, product, engineering, and execs really work well together. * No cap to what an employee can do. Be creative, be positive, and produce.

Cons

There was a lot of change at the beginning of 2019 which led to some mixed feelings on the sales side (bdr /inside sales). The stability is now there with the right team in place.

FloQast2019-12-18

"Greatest Company I've EVER WORKED FOR! Autonomy, Career Advancement, Learning Opportunities are plentiful!"

Current Employee - Social Media Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at FloQast full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Joining FloQast was a life saver for me! Let me walk you through my journey of how FloQast saved my life! 1) Before FloQast, I worked in public accounting as an auditor and I was completely jaded and burnt out after couple years. Working 80+ hour weeks in a job I did not genuinely enjoy was awfully brutal and I knew I had to find a company with a mission statement I more closely aligned with. 2) Then I founded FloQast, a salvation for recovering accountants, where we have plentiful job opportunities to enter various fields such as sales, marketing, customer success, account management, product design, engineering, and the list goes on and on. For reals, the career opportunities here ARE ENDLESS and best part is you don’t have to be doing accounting or booking journal entries! This is particularly fascinating because FloQast allows you to completely pivot off the accounting path, to provide value and shift your career to do something that more closely aligns with your dream job! 3) My Experience at FloQast: I started out by joining the Customer Success Team for the first 2.5 years as an Accounting Technology Consultant where I helped implement several clients onto our platform and trained clients how to utilize our application. I quickly fell in love with this role because I could provide value directly to our clients (where as an auditor, clients would be running away from me. At FloQast, clients genuinely wanted to talk to me and seek my assistance because I'm truly providing value). I could recall hundreds of emails where clients specifically thanked me for making their lives easier. This was a game changer! Most importantly, I really enjoyed working with my team. Everyone is so open minded, willing to help, and so fun to work with, which creates such a positive team dynamic. For reals! I consider my coworkers 'friends' outside of work and it literally feels like I’m working with my buddies. Best part is the autonomy they give you here. Once you gain the trust of your team, you’re empowered to make your own decisions and create your own projects and initiatives, which is something that was impossible to get in public accounting. This autonomy inspired me to take full ownership of my projects and gave me the ability to challenge myself and grow. My most memorable moment was when our COO stepped up to help our team (during the winter holidays several team members were out sick) and he offered to help our team complete some mapping documents. That’s like a CFO asking her/his accounting team to help with booking Journal Entries. This was mind blowing and proved to me that people do not have ego’s here. At FloQast, everyone is equal! No matter if you’re C-Suite or a 1st year, you’re equally as important! 4) FloQast landed me my dream job: I had a side hobby of creating social media content during my time as an Accounting Technology Consultant. This eventually caught the attention of the CEO, where he called me into his office and I was presented with an opportunity of a lifetime. I was asked to manage the Social Media Accounts on behalf of FloQast and I couldn’t believe it! I thought I was dreaming! It was as if God descended upon the celestial skies and granted me holy water to live forever. This was a job I was dreaming about! For FloQast to grant me with this, it was truly incredible. Side note, I was doing extremely well being part of a growing sector of the company in my former role as an Accounting Technology Consultant! It was not like I was offered this new role because I sucked at my last role. The company enlisted their full trust in me to pivot from Customer Success to Social Media, which meant the absolute world to me! Remembered when I mentioned earlier how FloQast empowers you to create opportunities here? Well this mindset starts all the way from the top at the CoFounders and trickles all the way down to every 1st year employee. It makes me delirious seeing Glassdoor reviews of former employees not approving of our CEO. Our CEO and COO have an incredible mentality to place employees where their strengths are because it’s not only good for the company, but most importantly allows the individual employee to hone in on what they’re genuinely interested in and develop their skill sets. If you give an employee work they're interested in, they will genuinely work harder to get the job done! Also we have a super awesome SUPPORT TEAM! The person who heads that department, O man, he's saved my life on multiple occasions and has helped me on several highly technical projects. He's the type of person I can 100% rely on, no matter if it's 5AM or 10PM, he's always available to help fix things, especially on Friday nights. He literally fills in for me when I'm out and ensures all my clients are serviced and happy. We have a WORLD CLASS SUPPORT TEAM and we don't outsource our support, so our clients will always be talking to real live people. FloQast literally provides you with the resources you need to excel at your job! Because of all this, I truly believe FloQast is the BEST COMPANY IN LOS ANGELES and I still feel like it’s a dream come true that I work here! I mean what other company would allow you to pivot 2 times (Audit >>> Customer Success >>> Social Media)? Yup it’s incredible and I’ve learned so much. I'm truly blessed to be here! Come check it out for yourself! I’ve been here several years and I’m not looking on leaving anytime soon. If you want to see what a great work culture and happiness looks like in a work place, stop by and experience it for yourself :) Btw I forgot to mention, perks include: Free Food Fridays, Fully Stocked Kitchen (snacks, fruits, La Croix, coffee, cereal, sandwiches, and so much more), 401k, Full Health Benefits, Casual Clothes to work, Standing Desks, Fun People, and much more!

Cons

I can't really think of any... You'll find work you enjoy so much that you'll stay in later during a workday to complete a project. I've literally had team members tell me to not work late until 10-11pm, NOT because I had to, but most importantly because I GENUINELY WANTED TO! :)

FloQast2019-12-20

"Great team, company and leadership"

I have been working at FloQast full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Positive energy and teamwork. Big market, product customers love, lots of momentum. Open, transparent culture starting at the top. Strong benefits and workplace goodies. Love to get to work every day to work with great people to solve difficult problems.

Cons

Fast pace is not for everyone.

FloQast2019-12-19

"Beware the Facade"

Former Employee - Software Engineer

I worked at FloQast full-time

Pros

Free lunch on Fridays, good benefits, cool people (at least in engineering)

Cons

Lots of office politics, "unlimited" vacation is a complete lie and you will get in trouble for using it, incompetent leadership at many levels, favoritism, coffee is terrible, engineers get blamed for things out of their control, interdepartmental conflict and rivalry, and high turnover.

FloQast2019-11-21

"Rocket ship? Maybe the Challenger"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at FloQast full-time for more than a year

Pros

Free food? Decent office space. Working in the valley meh Good tech stack of SaaS products You'll learn a lot about spotting BS

Cons

Stay far away from business development and inside sales. Inflated ote and unobtainable quotas. Business development management is incredibly toxic and incompetent. Turnover rate in the past year is unbelievable. Hire and fire, no support or guidance for struggling reps. Most of the remaining team quit, which is probably why you're reading this. BD management interrogated reps over negative Glassdoor reviews if that says anything. Favoritism and nepotism run rampant. You'll gag on the kool aid after ~6 months. Product is ok, but pretty boring. Company hasn't taken off as planned. Niche market, low contract value, and selling a 'nice to have' to a cost center means opportunity to make $$$ is low if you're joining now. 0% of BDRs hit quota. While it has gained some traction recently, FQ doesn't have the feature set or industry recognition to displace established competitors in large enterprises/named accounts. If you're looking to get into SaaS sales, this is not a great place to start and gain experience. Take the job security and go be a cog at Oracle etc. or find a younger company where you can grow. You'll be micromanaged here, but given nothing in terms of actual guidance. Very little room for advancement at this point without CPA or audit experience. If you just need a job and health insurance it's ok.

FloQast2019-09-25