FloQast Reviews

Updated May 5, 2021

4.3
FloQast CEO  Michael Whitmire (no image)
Michael Whitmire
Pros
  • "Free Lunch, Casual Office, Stocked Kitchen, Paid Health Insurance, Ample Parking(in 6 reviews)

• "unlimited pto(in 5 reviews)

• Cons
  • "However, it may not be the right place for someone who doesn't thrive in a fast paced, fluid environment(in 3 reviews)

• "Typical bumps in the road from a growing company(in 3 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0

Amazing culture

May 5, 2021 - Marketing Specialist
      Business Outlook

Pros

Best company culture, benefits are amazing

Cons

No cons to report None

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

This place is great! One of a kind.

Apr 1, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

FloQast is a one of a kind - great people, cool projects, and leadership that is not “holier than thou”. Very minimal ego problems here which is extremely hard to find in a millennial sass company of this caliber, so kudos to floqast in that regard. The company has handled COVID very, very well as I was hired in the middle of it, and the team has done a terrific job with mailing out supplies for work and events etc. On top of that they put a lot of effort in virtual team building events which I think is nice. They (at least from what I can tell) really care about their employees and their well being and making sure they have what they need to do a good job. We’re getting mental health days - I’m conjunction with solid benefits etc. You’ll get tons of swag and they’re very generous in regards to giving things to their employees, I got 3+ boxes of t shirts, glasses etc.

Cons

The one con here is cross department communication, alas, it’s a work in progress.

3. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great place to grow as an engineer

Apr 5, 2021 - Software Engineer in Los Angeles, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent company culture Fast growing product Friendly and smart people

Cons

Typical startup growing pains -- mainly in the form of shifting priorities and rapidly expanding teams

4. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great people, strong product-market fit, amazing growth trajectory

Mar 29, 2021 - Sales
      Business Outlook

Pros

People, market, product, growth, culture, internal growth opportunity

Cons

No outstanding cons working at FloQast

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

great product, amazing clients, and transparent company

Dec 2, 2020 - Customer Success Manager in Los Angeles, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

- great office perks - snacks, ping pong, free Friday lunch, etc - our product and service is very client-oriented, and customers are extremely kind & appreciative - the Customer Success department is incredibly collaborative & helpful - the company makes a big effort to recognize & reward hard work - senior management is very transparent on company metrics & rationale behind decisions - If something isn't right (personnel, product direction) management is able to pivot quickly (this may rub some people the wrong way, but overall it benefits the company) - very proactive on Covid precautions & social justice issues - tons of career opportunities offer different tracks & roles, even cross-department

Cons

Like any fast-growing company, there have been speedbumps along the way. - there have been some lay-offs during tougher times - a need to wear multiple hats as things change quickly - the bathrooms are way too small

3 people found this review helpful
    6. 4.0
      Former Employee

Good Company

Apr 23, 2021 - Engineer in Sherman Oaks, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Business seemed overall very well run. Appreciated the transparency on what was going on day-to-day operationally.

Cons

A lot of churn in engineering, some of it a bit head-scratching...

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Best company ever

Mar 19, 2021 - Business Development Representative
      Business Outlook

Pros

- amazing company culture - strong leadership - great product - growing company - super fun events

Cons

- office is in Sherman oaks

8. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

sales

Apr 26, 2021 - Sales in Los Angeles, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

company culture is very strong

Cons

senior sales management lacks experience

9. 5.0

My 4th Startup & Definitely the Best

Dec 2, 2020 - Product Support Operations Manager in Columbus, OH
      Business Outlook

Pros

While many companies like to say they have cultures of "transparency" and "collaboration," FloQast has tangible ways that this is a reality: -CEO has bi-weekly office hours where anyone can join an open Zoom link and casually chat with him and others on the call -Each month there's a company-wide meeting on financials, product updates, and what was presented to the Board -There is another bi-weekly company meeting where new hires, anniversaries, and promotions are announced/celebrated as well as a Gratitude Award that is handed out to someone who's gone above and beyond. The award even comes with additional shares of the company as their way of showing they're truly grateful. During the pandemic, leadership stepped up to go way beyond what may have been necessary in making employees feel comfortable and cared for. For example, when everyone was asked to work from without knowing for how long, the company offered to pick up and deliver to our homes our electric standing desks from the office (for those who wanted them). They also shipped us care packages with company swag and other goods. They reimbursed us for virtual Zoom lunches with our coworkers. And they even set up and paid for dozens of virtual events that employees could sign up for such as escape rooms, wine tastings, cooking classes, candle-making classes, and others. Not only were the events paid for, they would also ship to us all the necessary materials/ingredients for them! When the racial inequality/justice protests were happening around the country over the summer, leadership held an open forum where employees could share experiences and offer up ideas for actionable steps FQ could take to make a positive impact - both for employees and those outside the organization (and have since followed through on those plans/ideas). They also matched thousands of dollars in employee donations to various organizations fighting for equality. In November, they gave us election day off so that we not only had time to vote, but could also volunteer. In addition to these things, teams are incredibly collaborative with all departments interacting (typically regardless of your specific role) and a general atmosphere that we're here to work hard and win, but also take care of ourselves and have fun. The latter is backed by FQ offering free online therapy, unlimited PTO, snacks in the office, and free lunches. It's truly a great place to work where your voice is heard and the sky's the limit in terms of growth.

Cons

I left this cons section blank for hours as I tried to come up with some but I honestly couldn't think of any. I'm not suggesting things are perfect each day but any cons I could think of were related to specific roles or processes that don't affect employees as a whole or even across multiple departments. The only con I had before signing my offer letter was that FQ wouldn't let me bring my dog to the office but I felt it was a very reasonable policy and understood that would have been a nice-to-have.

8 people found this review helpful
    10. 5.0

amazing company culture

Feb 18, 2021 - Business Development Representative in Los Angeles, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

incredible company culture, great perks/benefits, fun social events planned, everyone is so kind and willing to help

Cons

truly can't think of any cons

Viewing 1 - 10 of 60 Reviews

Popular Careers with FloQast Job Seekers

Senior Software Engineer (Remote)
    JobsSalariesInterviews